Burnley great odds of 350/1 with some bookies

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby hagleyblue » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:02 am

I think it's still not inconceivable that they will be the ones to drop and I think the bookies are being a bit too generous without actually looking at who the teams at the bottom have left to play.

Firstly, there is a very good chance that they won't get another point from their last four games.

Now, take our fixtures.

However slim, there are always a few shocks each season and if we were to beat Liverpool we would only be five points behind having cut the gap by six points as they play Chelsea away on Monday night. Momentum would be with us to keep going and a win away against Fulham and home to Palace might see us safe.

Then take Brighton's fixtures. Their two easier fixtures out of the remaining ones are Wolves away and Newcastle at home. Wolves are poor against struggling sides and if they were to win that they would be three points behind Burnley. It's then game on against Newcastle who have a few other winnable games left so Brighton may nick that one as well. With Spurs minds being on the CL they might even get an unlikely point at Spurs' new home. Brighton pulled out a must win away at Palace a few games ago and they do have a few flair players too.

Unlikely, but looking at the fixtures, 39 points for Burnley might not be enough if ourselves & Brighton win this weekend as it would put huge doubt in their minds.

a tenner on Burnley being relegated isn't as far fetched when you look at everyone's fixtures.
hagleyblue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Burnley great odds of 350/1 with some bookies

Postby dogfound » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:13 am

good luck with the bet as I really have no preference as to who goes down apart from it not being ourselves...

but I would take 39 points right now , at the start of season at at all points in between.
dogfound

Return to General Chat