Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Robbie Savage / Neil Warnock “

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:05 pm

The stream I watched the match on last night had foreign commentary so I had Radio 5 Live on in the background.

Robbie Savage was the summariser for the Champions League match they were covering.

He said that if Warnock keeps us up, it will be his greatest achievement ever and that he should win Manager of the Season.

Do you agree?

Also pretty much said he thinks we’ll stay up.

On a side note, I know Savage gets a hard time sometimes but does always want us to do well. Met him in the past and he’s said he wants all the Welsh clubs to do as good as possible.

Defends us when Sutton talks his usual nonsense.

Re: “ Robbie Savage / Neil Warnock “

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:13 pm

I like Savage, he's honest with his opinions and genuinely wants us to stay up, respect where due.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:29 pm

I think Warnock keeping this squad up would be on a par with Guardiola getting his squad to the title. He would certainly be in the running if he succeeds.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:31 pm

The only way Guardiola should get it is if Man City do the quadruple. Otherwise NW should get it if he keeps us up

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:35 pm

If we stay up my vote for manager of the year goes to Chris Hughton. :laughing6:

Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:41 pm

Most sports personalities say NW is inline for manager of year all depends on pep and quadruple :thumbup:

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:58 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Most sports personalities say NW is inline for manager of year all depends on pep and quadruple :thumbup:

No quadruple now!

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:31 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Most sports personalities say NW is inline for manager of year all depends on pep and quadruple :thumbup:

No quadruple now!

Nope so all need is city to stay up and hopefully there's no bias against NW :thumbup:

Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:20 pm

Love Warnock, he's worked miracles this season even during difficult circumstances (i.e. Sala situation) but I think the manager of the season would most probably go to Klopp if Liverpool win the league. If they don't win the league then I think the manager of the season award will most likely go to Nuno as Wolves have done remarkably well during their first season in the Premiership whilst also getting to the semi-finals of the F.A. Cup and haven't fallen victim to spending money the wrong way - like Fulham have. I can't imagine any other managers have done better this season though apart from two or three (Klopp, Guardiola and Nuno) considering the resources and context :bluebird: