23 April: Tottenham (away)
27 April: Newcastle (home)

Re: I just realized this! Brighton

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:28 pm

Igovernor wrote:3 games in a week! wow

20 April: Wolves (away)
23 April: Tottenham (away)
27 April: Newcastle (home)

Tbh I thought they looked completely knackered in last 20 mins or so of our game. Cup run catching up with them perhaps :thumbright:

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:31 pm

If they lose all of those the ball really is in our court. Especially as their game against Newcastle is the late kick off, we kick off at 15:00 against Fulham. If we do get a win that’s extra pressure added to them and their fans will be more than aware of it. Their last two games then would be Arsenal away and City home which really do look hard for them. So in summary we need them to lose against Wolves and Spurs, that really does put us in the driving seat if we win against Fulham.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:36 pm

To be fair, they are right in the middle of a 5 game in a 2 week period.

13th Bournemouth 5 - 0 Loss
16th Us 2 - 0 Loss
20th Wolves
23rd Spurs
27th Newcastle

None of these games will be easy, and as a previous poster said, they looked knackered yesterday.
They are going to have to dig deep to get out of this, but then again, so do we.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:17 pm

Mr Shed wrote:To be fair, they are right in the middle of a 5 game in a 2 week period.

16th Us 2 - 0 Loss
20th Wolves
23rd Spurs
27th Newcastle

None of these games will be easy, and as a previous poster said, they looked knackered yesterday.
They are going to have to dig deep to get out of this, but then again, so do we.

Those extra games midweek make a big difference to the smaller squads, that could be really hard for them to get any points, if I was Houghton and would play the reserves against Wolves and Spurs and throw everything at beating Newcastle, lets hope he doesn't !!!

By the same token I would rest as many of ours as possible for Liverpool and throw the lot at Fulham and Palace, these are very high stakes and it is best to be devious and tactical.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:27 pm

Mr Shed wrote:To be fair, they are right in the middle of a 5 game in a 2 week period.

16th Us 2 - 0 Loss
20th Wolves
23rd Spurs
27th Newcastle

Shouldn't be knackered as a professional imo,different thing if it's a mentality exhaustion, which it looked like to me,no real fight left,arguing amongst the players,no balls for the fight ahead,these could be more telling than tiredness imho. :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:59 pm

I was the first to moan when we got knocked out of the cup but looks as though it could be a god send