Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ The transfer spending of All the Premier League Clubs ‘

Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:30 pm

Just look at how little Cardiff have spent on the players who regularly start :shock:

The incredible Premier League transfer spend table that will stun Cardiff City fans

Cardiff are making a fist of their survival fight - and doing so against the odds
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ The transfer spending of All the Premier League Clubs

Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:41 pm

That really does put into perspective how good we’ve done this season. Brighton who are 19th on the transfer fees of starting line up is nearly 3 times more than ours.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:44 pm

Southampton 8th !!!!! :o

Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:05 am

Forever Blue wrote:Just look at how little Cardiff have spent on the players who regularly start :shock:

The incredible Premier League transfer spend table that will stun Cardiff City fans

Cardiff are making a fist of their survival fight - and doing so against the odds

That table is skewed quite a bit though by the criteria it uses - 10 most regular starters.
For us , that would exclude Alex Smithies and Greg Cunningham and probably (I don`t have the stats to hand) Bobby Reid and Josh Murphy.
It seems quite likely that other clubs have used their more expensive signings more often as match starters than we have , which distorts the figures.

Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:15 am

ccfcsince1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Just look at how little Cardiff have spent on the players who regularly start :shock:

That table is skewed quite a bit though by the criteria it uses - 10 most regular starters.
For us , that would exclude Alex Smithies and Greg Cunningham and probably (I don`t have the stats to hand) Bobby Reid and Josh Murphy.
It seems quite likely that other clubs have used their more expensive signings more often as match starters than we have , which distorts the figures.

That is a fair point but the figures can also be skewed at other clubs. I obviously haven't got detailed figures but off the top of my head Fred at Manchester United hasn't played much but cost £50m.

Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:23 am

ccfcsince1962 wrote:

it is what it says on the tin...
and even if you include all 4 of them we are still bottom.
plus the 3 clubs nearest to ourselves on that list have their record signing not in the 10 who started the most....jahabaksh Brighton...Almiron Newcastle..Gibson Burnley...