Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEWS FROM NEIL WARNOCK:

Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:15 am

:bluebird: :bluebird: " NEIL WARNOCK SPEAKS ABOUT LAST NIGHTS GAME & THE NEXT V LIVERPOOL " :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wednesday 17th April 2019

NEIL WARNOCK:

Neil, how good did that feel?

There were so many pundits this morning saying that this would be our last game in the Premier League and I think we're alive and kicking and I was proud of the performance tonight. I thought it was disciplined and I thought we were a little more clinical in the final third.

I thought we could have created a few more. We gave a few sloppy passes away, but overall we're delighted with all of the departments. I think that's 10 clean sheets now. Tremendous from the lads really this season.

First time Cardiff have won an away game in the top flight by two clear goals since 1956.

Bloody hell. I was only eight!

I think there might be a few more records we can have a go at breaking before the end of this season.

Had a few decisions go against you, did you have one in your favour with Manga on Dunk?

I haven't seen it back, but someone told me that in the 28th minute we had a certain handball on the long throw.

I think it might have been one each tonight.

Any concerns over Gunnarsson?

Yeah we didn't want to risk him any more. He's got a spasm in his back. He'll be alright. He just needs it. I was glad when he came off.

Bacuna was like Pogba when he came on.

Have you ever seen Mendez-Laing score a goal like that before?

I decided to go with him. He's been like that in training, and I told him to swap over, him and Junior. They both try and come in on their right and have a shot and they can score goals.

He's done that in training, but I was pleased with his overall performance tonight. It's not just his goal. I thought he knew what he was doing, he was disciplined, and you've got to be disciplined at this level.

He deserved to come back in. He said he was raring to go and I thought it was a game for him rather than Murphy today.

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing of Cardiff City scores the opening goal past goalkeeper Mathew Ryan

Do you believe you can stay up?

I've never lost the belief that we can win games, but whether we can get the points needed is a different ball game.

There's a lot of water to go. At least now it makes Sunday's game even more important. It's a great occasion. There'll be a full house. One of the best teams in the world coming and we aren't relegated yet.

It promises to be an interesting game.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK:

Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:19 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

Will Liverpool rest players?

I don't think they'll rest many if I'm honest. He knows how difficult it was up there. At the 83rd minute it was still 2-1, then we got carried away a bit then.

Do you have a target?

No we don't. We might not even get another point!

I honestly don't know. We're quite capable of picking points up against any of the teams we've got to play, I think.

You might think I'm in cloud cuckoo land but I just think we've got that ability on our day.

Is Liverpool a free hit?

I think it is a free hit really. We're not going to stay up on goal difference are we? Liverpool can score five or six against teams like us. They've got so many quality players.

But I think it's a game that with our crowd and a full house, we can give it a good go. Every game we have to play like it's our last, and give it our best shot. I think everybody will want to play.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK:

Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:20 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

Arter was left out tonight, what's the latest?

He just nicked his calf, believe it or not, running off when he was substituted. There are some silly injuries out there.

So he had a scan and he might struggle for Sunday but he should be alright for Fulham.

Are you enjoying this Neil?

Absolutely. I enjoy it more after a game we've won, although in the Premier League unfortunately you don't win that many! It's been a long season, but with a bit a luck we could have had a few more points.

We'll always look back on certain things over the last few months that have been disappointing but when we get kicked in the teeth we get up and fight again. I can't be prouder tonight of the club, or the fans, I thought they were amazing tonight. It'll be a great journey home tonight.

It gives them hope and knowing them they'll be thinking we can win the next four games!