Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BIZARRE INJURY THAT KEPT HARRY ARTER OUT OF BRIGHTON GAME

Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:28 am

The bizarre injury that kept Harry Arter out of Cardiff City's win over Brighton and the latest on Aron Gunnarsson
By Tom Coleman

Wednesday 17th April 2019

Neil Warnock admits he (Arter) could now be a doubt for Sunday's clash with Liverpool

Neil Warnock has revealed that Harry Arter is a doubt for Cardiff City's clash with Liverpool on Sunday after picking up a calf injury in the defeat at Burnley .

Arter, who sat out the win at Brighton, was subbed off during the defeat at Turf Moor and Warnock has revealed that the Irishman actually injured his calf while running off the field.

However, the City boss was full of praise for the performance of Joe Ralls, who took Arter's place in the starting XI on the south coast.

"He just nicked his calf, believe it or not, running off when he was substituted", Warnock explained. "There are some silly injuries out there.

"So he had a scan and he might struggle for Sunday but he should be alright for Fulham.

"I couldn't risk him tonight.

"Then again. I thought Joe Ralls was my 12/10 tonight.

"I thought he was the best player on the pitch."

Meanwhile Warnock has played down any concerns surrounding midfielder Aron Gunnarsson, who was substituted shortly after half-time despite putting in a dominant performance at the heart of midfield.

His withdrawal will have understandably sparked concerns among City fans, but Warnock insists it was just a precaution ahead of what is now a crucial run of games.

"Yeah we didn't want to risk him any more", he added. "He's got a spasm in his back. He'll be alright. He just needs it. I was glad when he came off.

"Bacuna was like Pogba when he came on."

Cardiff are now two points adrift of Premier League safety following Tuesday's result.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BIZARRE INJURY THAT KEPT HARRY ARTER OUT OF BRIGHTON GAM

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:40 am

I thought Arter missed last night and Liverpool through suspension

Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:12 am

lockey1927 wrote:I thought Arter missed last night and Liverpool through suspension

No, the cut-off was the 32nd game; after that, there was an armistice on previous cards counting towards a suspension, so Harry Arter (and others) had the slate wiped clean :thumbright:

Only a red (or post-match charge) can now see a player suspended :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:57 am

Ahhhh thanks for clearing that up

Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:45 pm

Sven wrote:
lockey1927 wrote:I thought Arter missed last night and Liverpool through suspension

No, the cut-off was the 32nd game; after that, there was an armistice on previous cards counting towards a suspension, so Harry after (and others) had the slate wiped clean :thumbright:

Only a red (or post-match charge) can now see a player suspended :ayatollah:

Its not quite an armistice. There is a further bracket applying now but you have to have reached 15 bookings,

Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:46 pm

Hes out of Sundays game!