Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW:AFTER TONIGHT DONT DARE TO DREAM / DARE TO BELIEVE

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:34 pm

My View / My Opinion

DONT DARE TO DREAM / DARE TO BELIEVE :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

AFTER TONIGHT ITS GAME ON & CARDIFF LOOK READY TO FIGHT ALL THE WAY TO STAY UP :thumbright: :bluebird:

A very important win tonight by Cardiff City and City looked very comfortable.

It was a must win game and Neil Warnocks team delivered to the near 1,800 Cardiff fans who had travelled the 5hr journey :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

City still have a lot of hard work to do, the points gap is now 2 behind Brighton.

Never ever underestimate a Neil Warnock side and Warnock is giving everything he has to keep Cardiff a Premier League Side :bluebird: :bluebird:

First-half City played well and it end to end for long periods, but City created by far the better chances, deserving their 1-0! H/t lead :thumbright: :bluebird:

Second-half: City upped a gear, with Brighton looking very vunerable and Cardiff looked comfortable and looked worthy of their away win :thumbright: :bluebird:

BRIGHTON 0 CARDIFF CITY 2 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
H/T 0-1
Crowd 30,226
Away Support ( 1,760 Cardiff fans )

Cardiff City: Neil Etheridge Lee Peltier Bruno Manga Sean Morrison Joe Bennett Aron Gunnarsson Joe Ralls Victor Camarasa
Junior Hoilett Nathaniel Mendez-Laing Oumar Niasse

Subs: Brian Murphy Leandro Bacuna Kadeem Harris Josh Murphy Bobby Decordova-Reid Rhys Healey Kenneth Zohore

Neil Warnock made 3 changes from the defeat at Burnley

Niasse in ahead of Zohore. NML preferred to Murphy, while Joe Ralls returns.

Harry Arter not in the squad

It was end to end for 20mins.
What a goal. It was a wonderful counterattack lead by Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, who was given far too much time outside the area and he curled an absolute beauty into the top corner. 0-1 :bluebird:

h/t 0-1 :bluebird: :bluebird:

50th min GOAL! a Freekick from Camarasa into the box and Morrison towers over his man to head it home

It’s 2-0 to Cardiff :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

52nd min Aron Gunnarsson was replaced by Bacuna, Gunnarsson seemed to be injured?

72nd min Mendez-Laing came off for Kadeem Harris.

85th min Kenneth Johore came on for Niasse.

Cardiff continued to control the game and looked very comfortable through out the second-half :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW:AFTER TONIGHT ITS GAME ON & CARDIFF LOOK READY T

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:38 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:38 pm

What a performance! Can't fault anyone. Morrison especially superb.

Brighton are going down!! They're shite, 8 points since Jan! 3 of top 6 to play. Don't look like they have any fight. Fans booing. Players arguing! We can do this...

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:40 pm

Keep the faith guys! Fat lady hasn't even started warming up yet!

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:40 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:What a performance! Can't fault anyone. Morrison especially superb.

Brighton are going down!! They're shite, 8 points since Jan! 3 of top 6 to play. Don't look like they have any fight. Fans booing. Players arguing! We can do this...

Cant Fault it :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:41 pm

Incredible performance. Just makes me sadder that I’ve had to give up my season ticket for next year, as I’m going to miss watching these guys go to war for us each week. At least if we are in the PL again, I can watch on shitty streams haha.

They did great, this evening. Hoped for a win, expected disappointment. So happy that we finally got what we deserved.

Now to beat Liverpool.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:41 pm

Outstanding result tonight, and the performance deserved it - one of our best for a long long time.

Huge win and it gives us a great chance to stay up.

It’s not over yet :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:42 pm

Despite the warnock critics on this forum, if he somehow defies the odds and keeps this squad up, he will surely be in the running for manager of the year.

We've now got the momentum and wins against Fulham and Palace would more than likely keep us up. Brighton's confidence is completely shot and have relegation stamped all over them. We can do this.

DONT DARE TO DREAM / DARE TO BELIEVE :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:43 pm

We've now got the momentum and wins against Fulham and Palace would more than likely keep us up. Brighton's confidence is completely shot and have relegation stamped all over them. We can do this.

Re: MY VIEW:AFTER TONIGHT DONT DARE TO DREAM / DARE TO BELIE

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:47 pm

said it for a while i fancied brighton to drop i still do i can only see them getting one point against newcastle that would make sutton and a few other pundits look like even bigger pricks . beat fulham palace i think we will stay up

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:47 pm

banana bob wrote:We've now got the momentum and wins against Fulham and Palace would more than likely keep us up. Brighton's confidence is completely shot and have relegation stamped all over them. We can do this.

Fulham buried. We fight like today we should win.

Palace on the beach. Last home game. Late kick off. Few beers. Stadium bouncing. We should win too!

We can do this...

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:49 pm

ch1ppy82 wrote:said it for a while i fancied brighton to drop i still do i can only see them getting one point against newcastle that would make sutton and a few other pundits look like even bigger pricks . beat fulham palace i think we will stay up

They won't even beat Newcastle. They've lost all the fight. Hughton isn't a motivator. Players aren't battlers. Their fans aren't much better too...

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:57 pm

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:59 pm

Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:02 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Despite the warnock critics on this forum, if he somehow defies the odds and keeps this squad up, he will surely be in the running for manager of the year.

Steve pundits say if we stay up unless pep wins quadruple he should be manager of the season :thumbup:

Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:08 pm

Some tough games ahead but a huge win, really gives us a fighting chance.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:11 pm

Ironically how tonight’s result was far more important than drawing at Burnley and here tonight would have been. A genuine 6 pointer tonight.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:16 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:Despite the warnock critics on this forum, if he somehow defies the odds and keeps this squad up, he will surely be in the running for manager of the year.

Steve pundits say if we stay up unless pep wins quadruple he should be manager of the season :thumbup:

Allan, I should think Warnock keeping this team in the PL would be a similar achievement to Pep winning the title with Man C. If we were to avoid the drop, his name will certainly crop up when it comes to naming the managr of the year. There are still some fans (only on this forum) who criticise him, but I'm not sure who they would replace him with and who could a better job given our resources.

Still a long way to go, and we need to remember that the final outcome is still out of our hands at the moment. Not easy for us to get the points required, and we also still have to rely on other teams to do the business. At least we are still there fighting, and most experts would have had us down quite some time ago.
Last edited by Steve Zodiak on Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:17 pm

KWest wrote:Incredible performance. Just makes me sadder that I’ve had to give up my season ticket for next year, as I’m going to miss watching these guys go to war for us each week. At least if we are in the PL again, I can watch on shitty streams haha.

They did great, this evening. Hoped for a win, expected disappointment. So happy that we finally got what we deserved.

Now to beat Liverpool.

There was a link post on here,I used the 2nd link,and watched the whole game in hd on a tablet,no issues whatsoever :occasion5: the post is still, up,log the link,and enjoy.what a performance our boys gave tonight,all the commentary team,were gushing about our togetherness,and grit and team spirit,could well be the telling factor in their opinions,Brighton are the opposite,in their eyes,players squabbling, no togetherness,no fight :!: it was nice to listen to different unbiased hosts to be fair,all three,were impressed with us and glowing in admiration, C'MON CITY WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:18 pm

That’s more like it. Well done all. :bluebird:

Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:19 pm

Massive massive win,well done Warnock and the team.Maybe now Liverpool is a free hit and we can give it a go,but the then comes the two most important games.Both winnable but both could be a tricky banana skin.
A great win tonite and it gives us a real chance but it’s going be tight and nervy. :bluescarf:

Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:42 pm

I said on here a short while back that I had a bad feeling that those poor decisions that went against us in the Chelsea match could be the defining point of our whole season. I hope I was wrong, but right now if we had not been cheated in that match, we would possibly be out of the relegation places tonight. Going to be very uncomfortable if we end up going down by one point knowing that a ref had cost us our PL place. Lets hope it does not come to that.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:58 pm

Enjoy tonight but tomorrow’s a new day. Important to maintain this belief whilst keeping our feet on Earth - it’s not over yet and we are still 2 points away. Do that and play like tonight then I have no doubt :bluescarf:

Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:23 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I said on here a short while back that I had a bad feeling that those poor decisions that went against us in the Chelsea match could be the defining point of our whole season. I hope I was wrong, but right now if we had not been cheated in that match, we would possibly be out of the relegation places tonight. Going to be very uncomfortable if we end up going down by one point knowing that a ref had cost us our PL place. Lets hope it does not come to that.

Chelsea game especially as think we would have won and i think another win would have been enough but still need another two now! Thats a Massive difference to us

Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:38 pm

Crowd 30,226

Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:50 pm

I loved Morrison tonight

It's so frustrating seeing him perform like that and demand what he did

Seemed like we had a new player captain

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:16 am

So glad my pre match worries were wrong , come on City we can do it !!!! :bluescarf:

Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:54 am

jimmy_rat wrote:
banana bob wrote:We've now got the momentum and wins against Fulham and Palace would more than likely keep us up. Brighton's confidence is completely shot and have relegation stamped all over them. We can do this.

Fulham buried. We fight like today we should win.

Palace on the beach. Last home game. Late kick off. Few beers. Stadium bouncing. We should win too!

We can do this...

I’m afraid it doesn’t always work like that as Fulham beating Everton 2-0 last Saturday proved.