Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MY VIEW:AFTER TONIGHT ITS GAME ON & CARDIFF LOOK READY T

Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:18 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
banana bob wrote:We've now got the momentum and wins against Fulham and Palace would more than likely keep us up. Brighton's confidence is completely shot and have relegation stamped all over them. We can do this.

Fulham buried. We fight like today we should win.

Palace on the beach. Last home game. Late kick off. Few beers. Stadium bouncing. We should win too!

We can do this...

I’m afraid it doesn’t always work like that as Fulham beating Everton 2-0 last Saturday proved.

Of course not. But I'd rather play them like this than as if they were still fighting for survival. Plus Everton are the Jekyll and Hyde, they kind of prove my Palace point, on the beach.

Re: MY VIEW:AFTER TONIGHT DONT DARE TO DREAM / DARE TO BELIE

Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:24 am

Got to hope Brighton keep Houghton as new manager bounce could do the same as Southampton.
Great win but against a totally demoralised team nice to see Trollope keeping them motivated :D

Some twitching bums times ahead? Ah well it's always the ride to enjoy being Cardiff :old: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:36 am

31 points now not bad considering we were not supposed to even reach 11 :bluescarf:

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:48 am

The Brighton fans are very worried !!!

They think they're gone

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthre ... nts-Needed

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Keep the faith we can do this :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:50 am

Bluebina wrote:The Brighton fans are very worried !!!

They think they're gone

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthre ... nts-Needed

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Keep the faith we can do this :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Like this one :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cardiff won't win two.
Won't they? They should have beaten Chelsea. They were unlucky to lose to Burnley. They shellacked us in our own back yard. They're on a high and have all the confidence and self-belief in the world right now. We look like a condemned man on his way to the gallows.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:57 am

:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:58 am

This one is a great read too...

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthre ... ucial-game

My fave:Their fans even had time to ask Warnock for a wave and he duly obliged. Neil ****ing Warnock had time and a complete lack of any worries, to be able to wave at the away support in a relegation 6 pointer away from home! We were nothing short of a laughingstock on that pitch yesterday...

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:58 am

:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:05 am

Palace fan in peace here.

I was at the Tampax Stadium last night and watched a very impressive and much deserved win by Cardiff against a thoroughly demoralised brighton. Mendez-Lang's goal halfway through the first half was a thing of beauty and that knocked the stuffing out of them. Your lot played like a team that wanted to win, while brighton played as if they hardly knew each other.

Your support was immense, and from where I was sitting, I hardly heard the home fans singing. I did hear lots of angry shouting at their team and at Hughton's tactics, though.

On the bus back to the Park & Ride after the game the locals were not happy at all with Hughton or their team, and some were already writing off their chances of escaping the drop.

Love him or hate him, you can't deny Neil Warnock's passion for the game. Yes, he does blow his top, which I think was especially justified with the bad refereeing after your losses against Chelsea and Burnley. I do have a soft spot for him as he was Palace's manager twice, and I would love to see him keep Cardiff up.

I was born and bred in the Worthing area, 20 odd miles down the coast from brighton. I got into football during the mid 1970's, where at the time being a Palace fan automatically make us an "anti-brighton" fan. As a teenager, if I was unable to make a Palace away game I would often go to the Goldstone and cheer for whoever brighton were playing. That pathological hatred of brighton has stayed with me, so I really really really enjoyed seeing them beaten last night!

I sincerely hope you stay up at brighton's expense, and if that means your lot beating Palace to stay up, I'm all for it!

Wishing you the best of luck!

Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:30 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
banana bob wrote:We've now got the momentum and wins against Fulham and Palace would more than likely keep us up. Brighton's confidence is completely shot and have relegation stamped all over them. We can do this.

Palace on the beach. Last home game. Late kick off. Few beers. Stadium bouncing. We should win too!

We can do this...

I’m afraid it doesn’t always work like that as Fulham beating Everton 2-0 last Saturday proved.

Of course not. But I'd rather play them like this than as if they were still fighting for survival. Plus Everton are the Jekyll and Hyde, they kind of prove my Palace point, on the beach.

Everton have been up and down all season and Wolves are also proving inconsistent which is a worry but I take your point about playing Fulham now rather than if they were still fighting for survival.
The beach thing I don’t agree with in modern football especially Palace with Hodgeson as their manager.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:47 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:

We can do this...

Everton have been up and down all season and Wolves are also proving inconsistent which is a worry but I take your point about playing Fulham now rather than if they were still fighting for survival.
The beach thing I don’t agree with in modern football especially Palace with Hodgeson as their manager.

With you on that, Paul... :thumbright:

Woy Hodgson is 'old-style' and 100% won't want a team of his laying down for the opposition and he won't be thinking about Brighton and Hove Albion one iota!

If City are to win that game (like the Fulham game) it will be on our own merits and not at the benevolence of others

Complacent and assuming we simply cannot be! :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:03 pm

Wolves have a pretty good record at home so I’d be surprised if BAHA, get anything there. I think two wins for us and we’ll be okay.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:14 pm

noisycat wrote:Wolves have a pretty good record at home so I’d be surprised if BAHA, get anything there. I think two wins for us and we’ll be okay.

Plus as someone posted below they already look tired and have another 3 games in a week, so we have a decent enough chance.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:12 pm

Bluebina wrote:
noisycat wrote:Wolves have a pretty good record at home so I’d be surprised if BAHA, get anything there. I think two wins for us and we’ll be okay.

Plus as someone posted below they already look tired and have another 3 games in a week, so we have a decent enough chance.

Agreed,but I did say myself,fulham will be all out to take us with them to the championship, and imo is a bigger banana skin now if anything, nothing to lose for them,everything to lose for us :? Either way it's squeaky bum time from here on in :laughing5: I predicted 15th,and perhaps we could of achieved that,had we not been victim to some beguiling shall we say decisions,go against us :banghead: but we can still achieve 17th with performance levels of last 4 games, :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:

Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:04 am

I watched the game on live stream. Never been so proud of the boys. 11 players, playing as a unit complete magic. I thought Brighton looked absolutely worn out. Leggy and tired is an understatement, never mind the arguing. Come on boys you can do this. Bring on the Scoucers on Sunday. Forget an Easter Egg....3 points is what I want!!!

Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:24 am

pidge65 wrote:Palace fan in peace here.

I was at the Tampax Stadium last night and watched a very impressive and much deserved win by Cardiff against a thoroughly demoralised brighton. Mendez-Lang's goal halfway through the first half was a thing of beauty and that knocked the stuffing out of them. Your lot played like a team that wanted to win, while brighton played as if they hardly knew each other.

Your support was immense, and from where I was sitting, I hardly heard the home fans singing. I did hear lots of angry shouting at their team and at Hughton's tactics, though.

On the bus back to the Park & Ride after the game the locals were not happy at all with Hughton or their team, and some were already writing off their chances of escaping the drop.

Love him or hate him, you can't deny Neil Warnock's passion for the game. Yes, he does blow his top, which I think was especially justified with the bad refereeing after your losses against Chelsea and Burnley. I do have a soft spot for him as he was Palace's manager twice, and I would love to see him keep Cardiff up.

I was born and bred in the Worthing area, 20 odd miles down the coast from brighton. I got into football during the mid 1970's, where at the time being a Palace fan automatically make us an "anti-brighton" fan. As a teenager, if I was unable to make a Palace away game I would often go to the Goldstone and cheer for whoever brighton were playing. That pathological hatred of brighton has stayed with me, so I really really really enjoyed seeing them beaten last night!

I sincerely hope you stay up at brighton's expense, and if that means your lot beating Palace to stay up, I'm all for it!

Well if you could have a word with the boys not to try too hard against us that would be appreciated

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:09 pm

pidge65 wrote:Palace fan in peace here.

Cheers, Very much appreciated :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: