Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Birmingham City fan who ran onto the pitch and punched J

Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:04 am

The Birmingham City fan who ran onto the pitch and punched Jack Grealish is out of prison - and he said it was the 'the best month of his life'.

Jobless Paul Mitchell was jailed for 14 weeks following the shocking attack on Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish during the Second City derby at St Andrew’s on March 10.

The 27-year-old later admitted charges of assault and encroachment onto the pitch and was sentenced at Birmingham Magistrates’ Court the following day, Birmingham Live reports .

He was released from jail last Monday, four weeks into his prison term.

Mitchell refused to apologise to Grealish for the attack and added: “It was the best month of my life.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: The Birmingham City fan who ran onto the pitch and punch

Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:12 am

Forever Blue wrote:The Birmingham City fan who ran onto the pitch and punched Jack Grealish is out of prison - and he said it was the 'the best month of his life'.

Jobless Paul Mitchell was jailed for 14 weeks following the shocking attack on Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish during the Second City derby at St Andrew’s on March 10.

The 27-year-old later admitted charges of assault and encroachment onto the pitch and was sentenced at Birmingham Magistrates’ Court the following day, Birmingham Live reports .

He was released from jail last Monday, four weeks into his prison term.

Mitchell refused to apologise to Grealish for the attack and added: “It was the best month of my life.”

Surely you would think that attitude would make unsuitable for early release.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:15 am

Absolute madness. Especially when you consider people who have done long terms in jail for self defence in football violence. Whilst I don’t condone football violence, those who have done longer terms because of it must be absolutely livid with this.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:05 pm

I hope he gets a proper hiding from some Villa faithful, the guy is an absolute moron, I feel sorry for his kids having that as a father I use the term loosely

Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:42 pm

If he had missed with his punch he probably would have served the whole sentence, but as it was jack grealish, early release for good behaviour.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:58 pm

How true it is I don't know
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:34 pm

His wife and kids must be pleased with that statement :?