Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Aron Gunnarsson:

Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:04 am

Aron Gunnarsson: 'We're going to fight until the end'

The main talking point from Cardiff’s clash with Burnley occurred just after half-time when referee Mike Dean awarded Cardiff a penalty for handball by Ben Mee only to reverse his decision after discussion with his assistants.

But manager Neil Warnock felt a later challenge by Charlie Taylor on Gunnarsson was the most obvious of a number of penalty appeals, and the Icelandic midfielder agreed.

He told Press Association Sport:

ARON GUNNARSSON:

“It was a blatant penalty. He said I was looking for his leg, which I wasn’t, I’ve never done that in my life.

“I’ve just looked at it again now. He caught me on my left leg and my ankle goes, so I don’t know how I’m meant to stand up to that. Outside the box it’s 100 per cent going to be given.

“When you’re down there these decisions don’t fall your way, simple as that. But we need to get going again. Another huge game on Tuesday against Brighton that we need to prepare for.

“We’re still obviously going to fight until the end, but it’s another big game.

“I thought we battled hard. We fought hard for it. It was a scruffy game, but in the end we didn’t do enough.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Aron Gunnarsson:

Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:08 pm

All this press about decisions going against us, wonder if we might get something tonight

Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:30 pm

2blue2handle wrote:All this press about decisions going against us, wonder if we might get something tonight

No mate, I see that being said every week since the clear foul on Murphy against Watford.

We ain't getting anything mate, it's not a "we might get something because of how unlucky we are", it's a 'we won't get anything because the referees clearly have an agenda against us'. And I believe that for a fact.

Too many decisions. Way too many. What can we do about it?

All we can do is try and score from good football, being too direct and predictable won't get us anywhere.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:48 pm

If we are winning 3-0 with one minute to go the referee will give them 4 penalties.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:25 pm

Red tonight has reffed us twice this season - both games with Wolves - can’t recall him doing anything perverse.

Mind you he reffed us v Blackpool in PO final and gave us nothing all game.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:56 pm

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:01 pm

Ibby wrote::bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Was a colosuss before he went off,broke up everything. :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:

Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:43 pm

Agree. Was worried when he went off but Bacuna fair play did well.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:54 pm

Leave all our big hitters out against liverpool. In fact play our 2nd team :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:26 pm

Danny Says wrote:Red tonight has reffed us twice this season - both games with Wolves - can’t recall him doing anything perverse.

Mind you he reffed us v Blackpool in PO final and gave us nothing all game.

Against wolves he failed to give them a 2nd yellow card for deliberate trip at 0-0 :thumbup: