Quietly optimistic, but not "confident"

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Deep Blue FC » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:58 pm

Is anyone else quietly optimistic / excited for tomorrow?

The reason I'm personally excited, is that in my opinion tomorrow is more than a 6 pointer, it's a premier league survival match. I genuinely think between the two sides tomorrow, the loser will have to get too many points to survive.

If we win, we're 2 points behind Brighton with Fulham away and Palace at home to play (both games I would honestly expect to go either way). Brighton's only game that could go "either way" is Newcastle, and the form Brighton have been in I would be suprised if they get another single point, nevermind 3.

If Brighton win we're 8 points behind and, well, for arguments sake we're relegated. We can't come back from that. If we're not good enough to beat Brighton in the form they're currently in with their (in my opinion) star winger banned tomorrow, we definitely won't have enough about us to beat either Liverpool or Man U, which we'd have to if we lose tomorrow.

Does anyone else find it strange that people think we're already down? Can't possible say that unless we lose tomorrow. HUGE game.

As I said, winner stays up, that's not my heart saying that, that's my head. Just look at the fixtures coming up for both of us.

Super excited and nervous for tomorrow now! Not confident, but at least we'll know our fate tomorrow (within reason)
Deep Blue FC

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Quietly optimistic, but not "confident"

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:39 pm

Deep Blue FC wrote:Is anyone else quietly optimistic / excited for tomorrow?

The reason I'm personally excited, is that in my opinion tomorrow is more than a 6 pointer, it's a premier league survival match. I genuinely think between the two sides tomorrow, the loser will have to get too many points to survive.

If we win, we're 2 points behind Brighton with Fulham away and Palace at home to play (both games I would honestly expect to go either way). Brighton's only game that could go "either way" is Newcastle, and the form Brighton have been in I would be suprised if they get another single point, nevermind 3.

If Brighton win we're 8 points behind and, well, for arguments sake we're relegated. We can't come back from that. If we're not good enough to beat Brighton in the form they're currently in with their (in my opinion) star winger banned tomorrow, we definitely won't have enough about us to beat either Liverpool or Man U, which we'd have to if we lose
Does anyone else find it strange that people think we're already down? Can't possible say that unless we lose tomorrow. HUGE game.

As I said, winner stays up, that's not my heart saying that, that's my head. Just look at the fixtures coming up for both of us.

Super excited and nervous for tomorrow now! Not confident, but at least we'll know our fate tomorrow (within reason)

Tomorrow is big,but remember,we were down by xmas :sleepy2: in the eyes of pundits,and some fans,well SUPRISE,we are still in it :thumbup: :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby Deep Blue FC » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:52 am

bluesince62 wrote:
Deep Blue FC wrote:Is anyone else quietly optimistic / excited for tomorrow?

If Brighton win we're 8 points behind and, well, for arguments sake we're relegated. We can't come back from that. If we're not good enough to beat Brighton in the form they're currently in with their (in my opinion) star winger banned tomorrow, we definitely won't have enough about us to beat either Liverpool or Man U, which we'd have to if we lose

Tomorrow is big,but remember,we were down by xmas :sleepy2: in the eyes of pundits,and some fans,well SUPRISE,we are still in it :thumbup: :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:

Exactly! :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
Deep Blue FC

Postby BrightBlueFuture » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:26 pm

If they win tonight it'll make up for the postponement I drove all the way down and back for.

Would be well chuffed
BrightBlueFuture

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:53 pm

I got a feeling for a draw to be honest, wont take us down but still makes it very tough on us.

A win and I think we are alive and kicking, its going to be tough though. Brighton will also be looking at this as one they have to win. could go either way but lets hope luck is on our side.
2blue2handle

Postby Woodville Willie » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:39 pm

Whatever happens, I hope the ref and his assistants have a good game. Losing would be one thing, but unjustly!!!! I can’t think of anything worse.

Brighton are on a dip in form so the timing is perfect. Only one thing to do: Stick the ball in the onion bag!
True Blue
BLUE IS THE NEW BLUE!!!!
Woodville Willie

Postby Danny Says » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:20 pm

City have as good a chance as they’ll ever have of winning a game at Brighton.

Just hope and pray they give it a right go and have some fortune and Brighton suffer the sort of incompetence from the officials we’ve had recently.

But don’t forget they’ll say they’re due something after their loss at CCS with a questionable red card and late winner conceded.
Danny Says

Postby bluesince62 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:22 pm

BrightBlueFuture wrote:If they win tonight it'll make up for the postponement I drove all the way down and back for.

Would be well chuffed

How chuffed are you :bluebird: :occasion5: here we go :!: back on the roller coaster ride that is cardiff city :laughing5: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:32 pm

We are not going away - Without a fight !! Well Done Lads :bluebird:
TopCat CCFC

Postby BrightBlueFuture » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:06 am

bluesince62 wrote:
BrightBlueFuture wrote:If they win tonight it'll make up for the postponement I drove all the way down and back for.

Would be well chuffed

How chuffed are you :bluebird: :occasion5: here we go :!: back on the roller coaster ride that is cardiff city :laughing5: :bluebird:

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

It feels like justice has been done :laughing6:
BrightBlueFuture

Return to General Chat