Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ NEIL WARNOCK: THEY DON’T UNDERSTAND WHAT’S AT STAKE “

Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:48 pm

“ THEY DON’T UNDERSTAND WHAT’S AT STAKE “

"It's difficult because I am really flat. I am so proud of my players. To get let down by the officials... roll on VAR.

"We worked three weeks for this but to get let down by decisions... no major decisions went for us.

"They don't realise what is at stake. If I was a Burnley or a Brighton fan, they will be absolutely loving it today.

"It's not our fault an official can't see that, it is the most obvious offside I have ever seen or the most certain penalty I have ever seen.

"What goes through my mind? Is it payback time for me over the years?

"It's the best league in the world but the worst officials. They don't understand what is at stake. They shouldn't make mistakes at this level.

"Why am I working at 70 years of age for things like that to happen? It's not very often I am lost for words.

"My players feel like they have been kicked in the teeth. We've been kicked so many times. I don't deserve officials like that today. There is no excuse for that, it's criminal.

"if my players feel like they look in the dressing room, that's the end of our season. But how many times have we bounced back this season?"

Re: “ NEIL WARNOCK: THEY DON’T UNDERSTAND WHAT’S AT STAKE “

Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:30 pm

Of course he's right but there's probably more chance of action being taken against him by the Pl than any sanction being brought against the officials.

The linesman will probably be given a Championship game next week and then it will all be forgotten about because after all, it's only Cardiff City.

Imagine the fuss if Liverpool or Man City lose the title due to the sheer incompetence of the officials in their final games.

Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:38 pm

davids wrote:Of course he's right but there's probably more chance of action being taken against him by the Pl than any sanction being brought against the officials.

The linesman will probably be given a Championship game next week and then it will all be forgotten about because after all, it's only Cardiff City.

Imagine the fuss if Liverpool or Man City lose the title due to the sheer incompetence of the officials in their final games.

That's what pissed me off. He will probably be given a fine and a warning and that cheating c@@t will get a top 6 game

Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:04 pm

Neil Warnock press conference: Every word after Cardiff's controversial Chelsea defeat

By Alex Richards

The Bluebirds boss was left raging with the officials after his side were beaten 2-1 at the Cardiff City Stadium

Neil Warnock was left raging after witnessing his Cardiff City controversially lose to Chelsea on Sunday.

Leading 1-0 in the 87th minute and looking comfortable against the top four hopefuls, the game turned as Cesar Azpilicueta headed home an equaliser - with the goal being allowed to stand despite the Spaniard being clearly offside.

According to Warnock's post-match yells at Maurizio Sarri, the Blues skipper was “two f*****g yards offside!”

Moments later, Antonio Rudiger hauled down Kenneth Zohore when he was clean through on goal - but the German defender only saw yellow, much to Warnock's annoyance.

And salt was rubbed further into the wounds in injury time, as Ruben Loftus-Cheek nabbed a winner for the away side, with the result leaving Cardiff five points from safety.

Warnock wasn't pleased - at all

The Cardiff boss faced up to the officials in the centre circle post-game, before giving his initial reaction to the TV cameras, where he declared: “It's almost like not a matter of who you play, but who you get in the middle and who has a flag."

After time with his players in the home dressing room, he faced the media in his post-match press conference.

Here's what was said....

On Azpilicueta's goal

"VAR is needed, they need help. It would have taken ten seconds to sort out. It is soul destroying and I can understand the lads being down.

"The crowd was great, we wanted to enjoy the game and we did that. To be done by something that is nothing in the game, it is soul destroying."

On Cardiff's penalty appeals

"There was a penalty shout in the first half, the second half there was another one. The ref is in a really good position, it is almost not who you play, it is about who is in the middle and who has a flag.

"On top of everything that has gone on this season. Rudiger should have been off. I think Pawson is a good referee.

"I don’t know what Mike Riley does with the linesman, if you can’t see straight across the line."

On the officials

"I spoke to them and they feel as bad as I did. He said that Willian blocked his view.

"Surely you can see either side that he was two yards offside. It is similar to when we played Watford .

"Little things, we don’t get major decisions I’m afraid. We have had a major blow but we have to go again."

On post-match staring at officials

"I wanted to get the players away and didn’t want them to have an excuse of getting out of Manchester City . I didn’t want to say anything.

"I wanted to clap the fans behind them, but they didn’t move. The fans have been brilliant. The game is passionate and if there is such an injustice when you battle so much then you are going to be passionate.

"It’s the best league in the world."

Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:08 pm

The linesman said Willian blocked his view. :o :o :o

Where was the linesman standing - on the f*cking halfway line?

Pathetic excuse. If Willian somehow blocked his view then Willian must have been offside too.

Not fit to do the job.

And Neil - Pawson is not a good referee - he's f*cking useless.