Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mike Bubbings posts on twitter...

Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:26 am

Not sure who the bloke is but he has posted this...

"South Wales Police have said there were around 275k people in Cardiff City Centre on Saturday night, following the Wales Ireland #Sixnations game. A LOT of drinking going on. No segregation of fans. They also said that there no major incidents.None.Zero."

CI Jason Herbet ( SWP ) has posted the following : -

"A Bust night in @SWPolice its going to be a busy morning today too.

101 remain in the cells for today,calls wise we had over 140 more than Wales Vs England event. So bust that the on duty Silver made an arrest.

Sadly i'm aware of 3 officers being assaulted over night."

WE are the hooligans? I believe that's more arrests in one night at the egg than at least two whole seasons down the City...... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Re: Mike Bubbings posts on twitter...

Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:47 am

Given that there were 275,000 obviously there would be more incidents than a football game where there would be only around 50k at most.
incidents always happen at events like this, football and Rugby so get over it and stop with this childish vendetta against Rugby.
Also call it Rugby not egg, you not a 5 year old

Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:50 am

Bluebird1990 wrote:Given that there were 275,000 obviously there would be more incidents than a football game where there would be only around 50k at most.
incidents always happen at events like this, football and Rugby so get over it and stop with this childish vendetta against Rugby.

We have the first biter - happy Tuesday.

I'll call it what I like for one....

Also 50k over two seasons... I think not.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:08 am

i'm not bitter, i just think people who make posts like this are pathetic.
again you need get over it and stop acting like a 5 year old.
Reply if you want, i wont look cos i really don't give a shit

Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:15 am

Bluebird1990 wrote:i'm not bitter, i just think people who make posts like this are pathetic.
again you need get over it and stop acting like a 5 year old.
Reply if you want, i wont look cos i really don't give a shit

I didn't call you bitter...

its all a matter of opinion with regards to the age mind...
I'm ok being called pathetic too :thumbright:

Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:43 am

Bluebird1990 wrote:Given that there were 275,000 obviously there would be more incidents than a football game where there would be only around 50k at most.

its funny how the truth is a vendetta when a lifetimes worth of being fed lies is ok..
there has been a 40 year brainwashing campaign where football= hooligans hell bent on trouble and rugby = middle aged gents had 1 too many and are behaving slightly out of character.

i dont like the use of egg either { doesnt look like an egg } but it pales in comparison to you calling the truth a childish vendetta

Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:43 am

its funny how the truth is a vendetta when a lifetimes worth of being fed lies is ok..
there has been a 40 year brainwashing campaign where football= hooligans hell bent on trouble and rugby = middle aged gents had 1 too many and are behaving slightly out of character.

i dont like the use of egg either { doesnt look like an egg } but it pales in comparison to you calling the truth a childish vendetta

Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:56 am

Valid point...28-33k every fortnight. Similar numbers for internationals. More people than the 150-275k for 5 matches a year. I bet there are more problems per attendee in rugby than football.

Daft we're arguing about it but this silly connotation of rugby being angelic and football breeding hooligans is simply not true anymore. Cardiff fans some of the best behaved around now. Neither are perfect though.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:20 am

dogfound wrote:

I'm just pathetic mate.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:32 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I'm just pathetic mate.

Wales have a game Sunday with some genuine superstars playing . players who are known worldwide.. how much hype has there been in the media ?
now if you want to completely ignore this ..fair enough.. but for him to be calling people childish and pathetic for actually noticing the BLEEDING OBVIOUS is a bit much.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:53 am

dogfound wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I'm just pathetic mate.

Wales have a game Sunday with some genuine superstars playing . players who are known worldwide.. how much hype has there been in the media ?
now if you want to completely ignore this ..fair enough.. but for him to be calling people childish and pathetic for actually noticing the BLEEDING OBVIOUS is a bit much.

It'll be mentioned Saturday night for less than 30 seconds.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:33 pm

A busy night in @swpolice - it's going to be a busy morning today too.

101 remain in the cells for today, calls wise we had over 140 more than the Wales Vs England event. So busy that the on duty Silver made an arrest!

Sadly I'm aware of 3 officers being assaulted over night

Sadly if these type of numbers happened on Sunday at the football it would be major headlines across all media outlets in south wales.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:43 pm

fred keenor wrote:A busy night in @swpolice - it's going to be a busy morning today too.

101 remain in the cells for today, calls wise we had over 140 more than the Wales Vs England event. So busy that the on duty Silver made an arrest!

Sadly I'm aware of 3 officers being assaulted over night

Sadly if these type of numbers happened on Sunday at the football it would be major headlines across all media outlets in south wales.

Correct - HEADLINE - THUGS

Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:03 pm

So who corrected plods spelling?

High jinxs or hooliganism it usually ends up someone innocent getting hurt and personally couldnt give a toss that we don't make the news but moaning because the rugby has is a bit sad imo.

By the way, Well done Wales ( forget the shape of the ball and look at the country ffs )

Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:52 pm

JulesK wrote:So who corrected plods spelling?

High jinxs or hooliganism it usually ends up someone innocent getting hurt and personally couldnt give a toss that we don't make the news but moaning because the rugby has is a bit sad imo.

By the way, Well done Wales ( forget the shape of the ball and look at the country ffs )

oh we have made the news loads of times for arrests..

Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:14 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Not sure who the bloke is but he has posted this...

"South Wales Police have said there were around 275k people in Cardiff City Centre on Saturday night, following the Wales Ireland #Sixnations game. A LOT of drinking going on. No segregation of fans. They also said that there no major incidents.None.Zero."

101 remain in the cells for today,calls wise we had over 140 more than Wales Vs England event. So bust that the on duty Silver made an arrest.

WE are the hooligans? I believe that's more arrests in one night at the egg than at least two whole seasons down the City...... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

One of the daftest comparisons I'm yet to see.

Tell you what put 375,000 football fans from 2 opposing side's in Cardiff city centre without segregation on the piss from 10am till 4am and see what happens.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:58 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Not sure who the bloke is but he has posted this...

One of the daftest comparisons I'm yet to see.

Tell you what put 375,000 football fans from 2 opposing side's in Cardiff city centre without segregation on the piss from 10am till 4am and see what happens.

Why exaggerate ?

The figure quoted ( which in itself was a ridiculous overeggaration was 275000 not 375000)

Whenever I’ve been to the rugby town had been quiet a few hours after the game.

Truth is that football fans are no worse or better than rugby fans.

It’s a few people who can’t hold their drink who spoil it for the rest.

Pisses me off that the rugby watching public - many of whom only see 1-2 games live per year - if any keep pedalling this rubbish that all footy fans are thugs.

Headlines like the ones above prove that this just isn’t true

Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:04 pm

Clearly Mike Bubbings is an uneducated man with his own agenda.

Don’t bite to his wrong statistics.

There’s fights in the stadium every game because the teams are not segregated and that’s a fact. Anybody who’s been to a few games will tell you. Although admittedly the tough guys get less tough when the opposition fans are big kiwis and not some little french guy.

There’s assholes following both sports.

What type of people compare assholes?

Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:20 pm

dogfound wrote:

To be fair the problem comes from the fact that football violence is organised. Simple as that. The premiditated nature makes it more dangerous and arguably more anti social than rugby fans being dickheads after a day on the pop. That will happen every Friday and Saturday night.

To clarify both are dickheads.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:22 pm

This has taken off better than expected! Now, where’s my fishing rod.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:37 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:Clearly Mike Bubbings is an uneducated man with his own agenda.

Don’t bite to his wrong statistics.

There’s fights in the stadium every game because the teams are not segregated and that’s a fact. Anybody who’s been to a few games will tell you. Although admittedly the tough guys get less tough when the opposition fans are big kiwis and not some little french guy.

There’s assholes following both sports.

What type of people compare assholes?

mr bubbings only posted what SWP had posted

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:42 pm

maccydee wrote:
dogfound wrote:

To be fair the problem comes from the fact that football violence is organised. Simple as that. The premiditated nature makes it more dangerous and arguably more anti social than rugby fans being dickheads after a day on the pop. That will happen every Friday and Saturday night.

very little football violence was organised..I think people get carried away with the idea it was..
anyway be interesting to see how many jail sentences and 10 year banning orders are handed out when these 100 dickheads go to court.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:05 am

dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:
dogfound wrote:

very little football violence was organised..I think people get carried away with the idea it was..
anyway be interesting to see how many jail sentences and 10 year banning orders are handed out when these 100 dickheads go to court.

We both know that’s not true (organised) and we both know they won’t.

If you put people away for being pissed on Saturday nights and causing mayhem then the jails would need to be doubled in size.

Personally I don’t think that’s a bad thing.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:33 am

dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Zero. The answer is zero.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:02 am

It’s mainly just hi jinks with the Rugger chaps I think :bluebird:

Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:03 am

Have those naughty Rugger chaps been at it again with their hi jinks :bluebird:

Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:28 am

dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Zero. The answer is zero.

I do not want to see rugger fans banned or jailed, more a case of wanting to see a stop to out of proportion sentences for football fans committing the same or lesser offences. hooliganism at football is all but dead , that does not mean your going to have angelic behaviour , your going to get { just like rugby } instances of poor behaviour .
whats clear is the judicial system treat fans differently.
and the media will sensationalise one groups behaviour while giving their journos a week off if the other group cause problems.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:11 am

maccydee wrote:
dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:
dogfound wrote:

We both know that’s not true (organised) and we both know they won’t.

If you put people away for being pissed on Saturday nights and causing mayhem then the jails would need to be doubled in size.

Personally I don’t think that’s a bad thing.

well i know full well none will be jailed or banned, but as for organised trouble.take a long hard look at our fans even now getting off coaches at away games...organise them?

youd be correct if saying going away always had an element of troublemakers but most of the trouble itself was random.
the games that spring to mind for me where there was quite a bit of trouble over 30 yrs
man utd h
chelsea h
swans { seats at the children } h
swans away { a few } but fa cup game in particular
millwall h first game
spurs fa cup
stoke bricking the coaches game away
bristol away 100 odd arrests
bristol demolishing turn styles
chelsea fa cup away { police organised that one }

im sure ive missed a few..but what part did organisation play in any of those..
yes people figured it might well go off but where when and to what degree was random.
much the same can be said about rugger boys , it could well end up going off ?