Emiliano Sala plane crash: Call to investigate more flights

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:05 am

BBC

Tuesday 19th March 2019

Emiliano Sala was on the light aircraft, which went missing on 21 January

There are calls for a series of flights in the weeks before the fatal crash which killed footballer Emiliano Sala to be investigated by regulators.

The aviation trade body Air Charter Association told BBC Wales it believes there are grounds to investigate other flights linked to the £15m transfer.

These carried Sala, his agent, Cardiff City officials and others between the UK and France in December and January.

Sala's plane crashed in the English Channel on 21 January.

The Argentinian striker, 28, had been returning for his first training session after completing his club record move to Cardiff City from Nantes FC.

The Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) is currently investigating what happened to the Piper Malibu light aircraft.

Sala's remains were recovered from the plane wreckage found on the seabed in early February, but pilot David Ibbotson, from Crowle, Lincolnshire, is still missing.

The fatal flight and others which preceded it were commissioned and paid for by football agent Willie McKay and his family.

In an exclusive interview with BBC Wales, Dave Edwards, chief executive officer of the Air Charter Association (Baca), warned that the "underground growth" of illegal and so-called "grey" charter flights was undermining legitimate air charter companies and putting passengers at risk.

These relate to flights which are not properly licensed under regulations governing aircraft and pilots.

He said the organisation's concerns about the sector date back about seven years and that they hold regular meetings with both the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (Easa) to discuss the issue.
Attachments
_106066220_3bb7bd29-2d42-46f9-984b-c040042da96b.jpg
_106066220_3bb7bd29-2d42-46f9-984b-c040042da96b.jpg (34.19 KiB) Viewed 1414 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Emiliano Sala plane crash: Call to investigate more flig

Postby Charlie Harper » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:42 am

I have the feeling that someone will get sentenced for this tragic affair and the way I read it is that the fault is on the agents,FC Nantes and the pilots.

I also think that Cardiff City have done everything by the book and its no wonder no payment has been made yet :bluebird:
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby dogfound » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:54 am

been shocked at the lack of info regarding planes throughout this sad story.

if you died in a RTA the police would know within minutes who owned the car, if it was roadworthy { had a current MOT } and if it were insured doesn't seem to be the case for planes.?

was Ibbotson even insured to fly it ?..the plane actually having insurance has not been mentioned, and of course if insured , someone insured it ?
dogfound

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:21 am

Charlie Harper wrote:I have the feeling that someone will get sentenced for this tragic affair and the way I read it is that the fault is on the agents,FC Nantes and the pilots.

I also think that Cardiff City have done everything by the book and its no wonder no payment has been made yet :bluebird:

The article certainly seems to be pointing to the repeated behaviour of WM in commissioning these flights.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:23 am

dogfound wrote:been shocked at the lack of info regarding planes throughout this sad story.

if you died in a RTA the police would know within minutes who owned the car, if it was roadworthy { had a current MOT } and if it were insured doesn't seem to be the case for planes.?

was Ibbotson even insured to fly it ?..the plane actually having insurance has not been mentioned, and of course if insured , someone insured it ?

The article does seem to back up your concerns. There seems to be a black market in private chartered flights where there seems to be a lack of transparency.
Tony Blue Williams

Return to General Chat