Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: John Berkow stopping the Brexit vote.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:00 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
epping blue wrote:
ffs wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
ffs wrote:Funny how there's allowed to be 2+ votes on her deal however we are only allowed one on Leave or Remain

So you want anothet vote so that So you can vote remain again? Then if you win thats final referendum because people said no? : what happened to 1st vote it was just a test run? :laughing6: as for parliament voting twice thats what it does all the time just depends on what it is?

The elderly and weak, easily led people had the wool pulled over their eyes by the rich elites for the first vote. Now everyone knows what they are voting for it will be a far more genuine result

I was lied too. 95% of the establishment, political leaders past and present, leaders of financial institutions almost without exception stood up and told me of the financial armageddon that would immediately ensue should we vote to leave. Well despite their promises of doom, we're 3 years on and its pretty where we were.

That despite government as a whole being determined to thwart the democratic vote of the people. Where could we be now if they really had excepted the result, stopped talking down the economy and got on with it.

Lets be honest, they were finger in the air predictions to suit their individual positions and in many cases a serious abuse of their positions of influence.

They also forecast soaring unemployment and our FTSE crashing. A bit out with that prediction, particularly with today's news of the number of people now in employment and the lowest unemployment figures since just before we joined the Common Market. A coincidence I'm sure, but if things were the other way around, the remainers would most certainly blame Brexit. Odd that the remainers never mention employment figures or the recent highs of our stock market, wages rising quicker than inflation etc., and they all appear to have forgotten Osborne's emergency budget which never happened despite being needed to prevent our economy from collapsing. Difficult to work out which side told the biggest pack of lies, not much between them I suspect.

Steve the trouble is mps have no respect for the people they represent? And yes they should have just got on with it and none of this nonsense would be happening , there will be hard times for a bit but the status quo will prevail and we will be better off than the being tied up like a kipper by the EU . :old:

Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:41 pm

Bercow you naughty boy upsetting folks on here. :king: :lol: :lol:

Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:56 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
epping blue wrote:
ffs wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
ffs wrote:Funny how there's allowed to be 2+ votes on her deal however we are only allowed one on Leave or Remain

So you want anothet vote so that So you can vote remain again? Then if you win thats final referendum because people said no? : what happened to 1st vote it was just a test run? :laughing6: as for parliament voting twice thats what it does all the time just depends on what it is?

The elderly and weak, easily led people had the wool pulled over their eyes by the rich elites for the first vote. Now everyone knows what they are voting for it will be a far more genuine result

I was lied too. 95% of the establishment, political leaders past and present, leaders of financial institutions almost without exception stood up and told me of the financial armageddon that would immediately ensue should we vote to leave. Well despite their promises of doom, we're 3 years on and its pretty where we were.

That despite government as a whole being determined to thwart the democratic vote of the people. Where could we be now if they really had excepted the result, stopped talking down the economy and got on with it.

Lets be honest, they were finger in the air predictions to suit their individual positions and in many cases a serious abuse of their positions of influence.

They also forecast soaring unemployment and our FTSE crashing. A bit out with that prediction, particularly with today's news of the number of people now in employment and the lowest unemployment figures since just before we joined the Common Market. A coincidence I'm sure, but if things were the other way around, the remainers would most certainly blame Brexit. Odd that the remainers never mention employment figures or the recent highs of our stock market, wages rising quicker than inflation etc., and they all appear to have forgotten Osborne's emergency budget which never happened despite being needed to prevent our economy from collapsing. Difficult to work out which side told the biggest pack of lies, not much between them I suspect.

Steve the trouble is mps have no respect for the people they represent? And yes they should have just got on with it and none of this nonsense would be happening , there will be hard times for a bit but the status quo will prevail and we will be better off than the being tied up like a kipper by the EU . :old:

There will be some hard times for sure, but it's not as if we are not used to them. Our whole financial system was in a mess not so long ago, but way before Brexit was invented. Big banks going bankrupt, years of austerity, and none of that could be blamed on Brexit. Just as well it happened when it did, if that had taken place in the last couple of years the Remainers would have been in their oils.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:03 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
epping blue wrote:
ffs wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

There will be some hard times for sure, but it's not as if we are not used to them. Our whole financial system was in a mess not so long ago, but way before Brexit was invented. Big banks going bankrupt, years of austerity, and none of that could be blamed on Brexit. Just as well it happened when it did, if that had taken place in the last couple of years the Remainers would have been in their oils.

What is strange about brexiteers is that there are lots of super successfully businessmen who support it like ratcliff uks richest man and sir fortè plus others why if it was bad for uk do they support leave? Prefer to think they know more about leaving EU than selfish mps acting for themselves and nor the voters. :thumbup:

Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:26 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:He is suppose to be impartial but he is a remainer and on 2 separate occasions recently as turned down amendments for leave to be debated in favour of remain amendments even though one had over a hundred mps in favour of debate...! And he actually went against parliament democracy to interfere previously? The man is a joke and should be removed :old:

He's a tool and completely biased, trying to manipulate Parliament into a No Brexit, him running the house of Commons is like having Alistair Campbell referee the Burnley - Cardiff game.

I would love it is May said f u then we will crash out on 29th March, but she doesn't have the balls !!!

No deal will put the willies up the EU thats for sure! As a matter of interest this rule was last used in 1920!! My beef with this crap is the people voted leave its then upto MPS to get it done its not up to sef opinionated mps to block or deny the democratic will off the people as they are obviously doing now!

It's now got beyond a joke. Surely, we all need to get behind TM as she bribes the DUP with unwarranted extra money for Northern ireland. And she threatens the Chinless hard Brexiteers that Brexit might not go ahead at all if they don't get behind it.
Guaranteed that essentially the same deal will therefore go through. Well done Theresa ....democracy in action!

On a lighter note, Haven't heard the phrase " put the willies up ...." for a long time.....prob Llanrumney Comp School circa early 70s and the old joke.

Did you hear about the homosexual ghosts?
Kept putting the willies up each other.

(No offence to anyone, and I'm not homophobic.
:bluebird:

Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:18 pm

Lengee wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:He is suppose to be impartial but he is a remainer and on 2 separate occasions recently as turned down amendments for leave to be debated in favour of remain amendments even though one had over a hundred mps in favour of debate...! And he actually went against parliament democracy to interfere previously? The man is a joke and should be removed :old:

He's a tool and completely biased, trying to manipulate Parliament into a No Brexit, him running the house of Commons is like having Alistair Campbell referee the Burnley - Cardiff game.

I would love it is May said f u then we will crash out on 29th March, but she doesn't have the balls !!!

No deal will put the willies up the EU thats for sure! As a matter of interest this rule was last used in 1920!! My beef with this crap is the people voted leave its then upto MPS to get it done its not up to sef opinionated mps to block or deny the democratic will off the people as they are obviously doing now!

It's now got beyond a joke. Surely, we all need to get behind TM as she bribes the DUP with unwarranted extra money for Northern ireland. And she threatens the Chinless hard Brexiteers that Brexit might not go ahead at all if they don't get behind it.
Guaranteed that essentially the same deal will therefore go through. Well done Theresa ....democracy in action!

On a lighter note, Haven't heard the phrase " put the willies up ...." for a long time.....prob Llanrumney Comp School circa early 70s and the old joke.

Did you hear about the homosexual ghosts?
Kept putting the willies up each other.

(No offence to anyone, and I'm not homophobic.
:bluebird:

No but from llanrumney went to st cadocs before moving to trowbridge then st illtyds yes the 70s

Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:45 pm

psw78 wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:We need to renegotiate.

Euro think they have upper hand , we need to start dictating .

He's made a great decision

The EU do have the upper hand - they’ve always had the upper hand, even from before the vote in 2016. Despite what the likes of Farage, Johnson and Davies might have claimed beforehand, we were never in a position to ‘dictate’ to them ‘our terms’. Even less so now after 3 years of not actually knowing what we want as a nation (surprise, surprise)

It’s all been done arse backwards. We should have sorted a good deal first, then the country can vote on if we want it. People didn’t have a clue what they were even voting for, just leaving isn’t really what it’s about. 350 million for the nhs..... :lol: mugs

Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:46 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
epping blue wrote:
ffs wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

What is strange about brexiteers is that there are lots of super successfully businessmen who support it like ratcliff uks richest man and sir fortè plus others why if it was bad for uk do they support leave? Prefer to think they know more about leaving EU than selfish mps acting for themselves and nor the voters. :thumbup:

They will make a shit load more that’s why

Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:54 pm

John Bercow is right and some people just want to moan about anything.

Pass it on.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:22 pm

goats wrote:
psw78 wrote:

The EU do have the upper hand - they’ve always had the upper hand, even from before the vote in 2016. Despite what the likes of Farage, Johnson and Davies might have claimed beforehand, we were never in a position to ‘dictate’ to them ‘our terms’. Even less so now after 3 years of not actually knowing what we want as a nation (surprise, surprise)

It’s all been done arse backwards. We should have sorted a good deal first, then the country can vote on if we want it. People didn’t have a clue what they were even voting for, just leaving isn’t really what it’s about. 350 million for the nhs..... :lol: mugs

was very unclear whether staying or remaining was the right thing..lots of guesses and few facts on both sides..
3 years on having lost those who are 100% remain name call and belittle and thats IT..
nothing concrete .

as for the NHS claim i would imagine less people were influenced by that than ere over our chancelor george osbornes predictions regarding our economy falling of a cliff and emergency budgets..mugs? if so more remain mugs im afraid.

in fact most of the scare mongering has been proved to be wrong guesses and lies but eh oh keep believing it.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:39 pm

dogfound wrote:
goats wrote:
psw78 wrote:

was very unclear whether staying or remaining was the right thing..lots of guesses and few facts on both sides..
3 years on having lost those who are 100% remain name call and belittle and thats IT..
nothing concrete .

as for the NHS claim i would imagine less people were influenced by that than ere over our chancelor george osbornes predictions regarding our economy falling of a cliff and emergency budgets..mugs? if so more remain mugs im afraid.

in fact most of the scare mongering has been proved to be wrong guesses and lies but eh oh keep believing it.

I beg to differ.The NHS thing was taken literally by many who voted to leave and why not.It was a bold statement and as the majority of people would like to see the NHS get more funds was reason enough to vote leave without thinking about any other issues.And although I detest Osbourne his assertion that the economy will tank after brexit is still to be judged as we haven't left yet.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:53 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
goats wrote:
psw78 wrote:

nothing concrete .

I beg to differ.The NHS thing was taken literally by many who voted to leave and why not.It was a bold statement and as the majority of people would like to see the NHS get more funds was reason enough to vote leave without thinking about any other issues.And although I detest Osbourne his assertion that the economy will tank after brexit is still to be judged as we haven't left yet.

he said within weeks of a leave vote.
and no, the nhs money is a massive remain thing...I didn't buy it or know anyone that did tbh. i did not vote at the time simply because it seemed so much nonsense was being talked by both sides and was therefore difficult to come to a decision....since the vote its become much clearer that those voting remain have very little concrete to say other than silly things about mugs and the nhs..really there has been zero constructive said its just grasping at straws , not because remain was right but just not to be wrong.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:57 pm

606B117A-C0BC-4A0B-AB32-3B613CD32990.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:06 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
goats wrote:
psw78 wrote:

nothing concrete .

Sorry to pick you up Sneggy but you are making heavier asserstaions than that knob Osbourne.

Why people believe this narrative that fellow countymen and women voted to leave solely beacause of one headline, or immigration or anything else baffles me.

We are all independantly minded and we make our minds up on a range of issues. Personally my tipping point to leave was taking back control of our own sovereingty i.e. we make our own laws and if the people don't like it we can boot out the government that made those laws.

Please don't assume that the majority that voted to leave didn't know what they were voting for......because if you do, the converse is also true.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:10 am

The Telegraph

John Bercow faces backlash over 'b----cks to Brexit' car sticker

The 'b------- to Brexit' sticker in Mr Bercow's black 4x4, which has a personalised number plate

The 'b------- to Brexit' sticker in Mr Bercow's black 4x4, which has a personalised number plate

Daily Telegraph Reporters

John Bercow enraged MPs and faced calls to resign after he was found to have affixed a sticker to his car window which said: “b----cks to Brexit, it’s not a done deal”.

In March, the Speaker of the House of Commons was accused by furious MPs of “blatant arrogance” over the decision to place the sticker in his black 4x4, which was seen in his private parking space.

It is understood that the Speaker’s wife drives a different car, while Mr Bercow’s car has a personalised number plate.

His office declined to comment on the issue.

It came after Mr Bercow was embroiled in a row over allegations that he bullied his former secretary Kate Emms, who was signed off work sick in 2011.

John Bercow, Speaker of the House of Commons

MPs Paul Farrelly and Mark Pritchard are also facing separate allegations which they deny.

The claims, which the Speaker categorically denies, have prompted calls for his resignation, while MPs yesterday called for an independent inquiry into the claims.

The issue boiled over in the House of Commons on Monday, when Mr Bercow was personally challenged on the floor over his decision to chair an urgent question over a bullying row in which he himself is embroiled.

The controversy came after Mr Bercow was last year accused of political bias after The Daily Telegraph revealed that he had told a groups of students that he voted Remain in the EU Referendum.

His comments appeared to breach the convention that Speakers of the House of Commons do not allow themselves to be drawn into political debate.

He had earlier provoked outrage among Tory MPs when he vetoed the idea of an address by President Donald Trump to both Houses of Parliament during a proposed state visit.

Speaking to The Telegraph, Andrew Bridgen MP said the sticker was a “indication” of Mr Bercow’s “blatant arrogance”.

“The Speaker has never made any attempt to hide his views on Brexit,” he continued.

His comments were echoed by James Duddridge, who said that it was “unthinkable” that Mr Bercow could be allowed to continue chairing debates on Brexit, which he claimed the Speaker wanted to “derail”.

“He is a tone deaf speaker sitting in his ivory tower. He can no longer be an independent arbitrator in debates on such a crucial subject.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:07 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
goats wrote:
psw78 wrote:

nothing concrete .

Sorry to pick you up Sneggy but you are making heavier asserstaions than that knob Osbourne.

Why people believe this narrative that fellow countymen and women voted to leave solely beacause of one headline, or immigration or anything else baffles me.

We are all independantly minded and we make our minds up on a range of issues. Personally my tipping point to leave was taking back control of our own sovereingty i.e. we make our own laws and if the people don't like it we can boot out the government that made those laws.

Please don't assume that the majority that voted to leave didn't know what they were voting for......because if you do, the converse is also true.

Didn't say I believed it nor am I condemning people that took it to be true.The NHS statement however was a cornerstone of the leave campaign, so much so that it was splattered all over a bloody double decker bus.It was widely used by the main protagonists of the leave campaign and as a remain voter found this argument difficult to counter as I judged it to be something I would sign up to under different circumstances.

As for the taking back control bit I suppose only the people that lived when we were last out of europe would understand my dubiousness about that statement.These are merely my observations.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:16 am

Bluebina wrote:What an ego, trying to stop parliament doing its job, it may not make any difference anyway, because they are making a hash of it anyway, but he is overstepping the mark IMO.

I expect they will find a loophole to have another vote, or maybe Europe will give a bit more on the backstop, to change things enough for one more vote before an extension?

Of course you are completely wrong in your assertion.He's just said we've had 2 votes you can't vote on the same thing again.Simples. :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:18 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
goats wrote:
psw78 wrote:

nothing concrete .

Sorry Sneggy, Osbourne did not say this about our economy after Brexit, he was quite clear that just by voting to leave would create an economic crisis which would require an emergency budget within weeks of the referendum. It was yet another one of his scare tactics which as we now know was complete and utter nonsense, like many of his other predictions eg.FTSE 100 index, unemployment and more. He had a lot to say about what would happen just by us voting to leave, as well as what would happen when we actually left. None of his forecasts have been correct so far, so why would we think any of his other predictions are likely to come true.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:33 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
goats wrote:
psw78 wrote:

nothing concrete .

Why do pro remain think that those who voted out are stupid were conned didnt know what they were doing ect ect story about nhs didn't convince 17m people to leave probably most people saw it for what it was typical political rhetoric which was used by both sides in the debate.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:17 am

Because they arrogant f**kwits, who think that occupying the moral high ground is an intelligent position.

They either grow up, or remain in the Labour/Nazi Party..none of them are particularly bright, but are usually noisy. None of them on here are skilled in debate, but tend to recycle old mantras that failed in Moscow.

All they have.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:42 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
goats wrote:
psw78 wrote:

nothing concrete .

Why do pro remain think that those who voted out are stupid were conned didnt know what they were doing ect ect story about nhs didn't convince 17m people to leave probably most people saw it for what it was typical political rhetoric which was used by both sides in the debate.

Where did I call anyone stupid.You need to read properly.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:45 am

rumpo kid wrote:Because they arrogant f**kwits, who think that occupying the moral high ground is an intelligent position.

They either grow up, or remain in the Labour/Nazi Party..none of them are particularly bright, but are usually noisy. None of them on here are skilled in debate, but tend to recycle old mantras that failed in Moscow.

All they have.

Your calling me arrogant. :lol: Oh,loving your well reasoned riposte.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:22 pm

If the cap fits..

Cheers

Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:43 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
goats wrote:
psw78 wrote:

nothing concrete .

Where did I call anyone stupid.You need to read properly.[/quote

Your Reference by stating people voted leave because
Of what was said regarding nhs? You believe that they werer gullible duped ect ect either way invers people were stupid or do you have another word? And on here the constant theme is that brexit voters were not intelligent enough to vote remain

Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:05 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
goats wrote:
psw78 wrote:

nothing concrete .

Of what was said regarding nhs? You believe that they werer gullible duped ect ect either way invers people were stupid or do you have another word? And on here the constant theme is that brexit voters were not intelligent enough to vote remain

Soz,I assumed you read the whole thread,heres what I said earlier

Didn't say I believed it nor am I condemning people that took it to be true.The NHS statement however was a cornerstone of the leave campaign, so much so that it was splattered all over a bloody double decker bus.It was widely used by the main protagonists of the leave campaign and as a remain voter found this argument difficult to counter as I judged it to be something I would sign up to under different circumstances.

As for the taking back control bit I suppose only the people that lived when we were last out of europe would understand my dubiousness about that statement.These are merely my observations.
Sneggyblubird

Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:28 pm

Steve

george dumb ass osbourne also believed cutting public spending was a way out of a recession one we are now only getting over very slowly 10 years later than man has no brain, government spending relates heavily to consumer and market confidence which is exactly what is needed to get out of a recession which is the exact opposite of what Tory rule has done for 10 years nearly, they have enjoyed this cutting of services and spending and how they have blamed labour for over spending when in fact if you look at national debt it has tripled since 2010 ... that is what cuts bring you the surplus never happened once in those years and we have had to borrow more and more every year to service National debt as we have made more and more cuts

I will never believe what a Tory politicians says time and time again it has been proven they only talk through their own pockets

Problem this country has is there is no middle party to vote for that has any chance of winning an election

As for Brexit maybe it’s legacy will stop Tory rule for a long time one can only hope

Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:29 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
goats wrote:
psw78 wrote:

nothing concrete .

Soz,I assumed you read the whole thread,heres what I said earlier

Sneggyblubird

Mmmm my response is to your post immediately above mine? Regarding nhs and people voting to leave because of it, the extended comments you have just posted are not in tbe post i read is it? No
idea where control is mentioned in my post either? Anyway if nhs was a tool to persuade voters can say same about remains tactis on economy disaster like emergency budget that never materialised ? Both sides guilty of misinformation so people made own minds up rightly or wrongly and MPS should honour the democratic will of the people thats what they were elected for. :old:
:|

Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:28 am

People as a whole not educated enough on the subject on both sides of the fence. But hey it's democracy and there is no IQ test to any vote.

I guess if you are over 50 plus or more you've got nothing to lose. If you are starting out perhaps its more of a worry?

Im against another referendum and we should just leave in a orderly manner with a good trading relationship there after. Just to say fu... um is not a good starter for the future .

His her deal that bad? Before i call her deal shit I'd like more detail.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:30 am

Is her deal, lol,lol

Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:09 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:If you want a no deal Brexit - you will be happy with what Berkow did
If you want an extension to article 50 - you will be happy with what Berkow did

The only people not happy is the PM who wants her deal.

BUT - they can call a halt to parliament and re start it - and bring the deal bag as it is and Berkow cant do anything about it - according to LBC radio.

It seems though his strings are being pulled though by the majority Remainers in Westminster, to postpone it and then let it die.

He is openly a remainer so doesn't need anything pulled! Hes probably right with what he says but you can bet your bottom dollar he was grinning like Cheshire cat when he announced it. :roll:

He followed the rules. Whatever his opinions are were always going to be irrelevant.

I’ve seen the video of him reading out his statement to the house, and his face is neutral - not smiling like a Cheshire Cat.

Did you see the state of him, he looked like he'd just woken up after a heavy session, his hair was like he'd be dragged through a chip fryer then a hedge!

Still, his childish little games won't make any difference, she'll have another vote next week, and it will still be voted down !!!

The remoaner Politicians are still doing their best to stop Brexit.