Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bretix march from Sunderland

Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:54 pm

embarrassing , less than 200, counting the press, could only bothered to turn up.

Re: Bretix march from Sunderland

Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:55 pm

wayne wrote:embarrassing , less than 200, counting the press, could only bothered to turn up.

Only the begining.
Should be a lot more in London on the 29th march. Anyone on here going?

Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:30 am

wayne wrote:embarrassing , less than 200, counting the press, could only bothered to turn up.

What's the point, Parliament doesn't give a shit what 17 Million think, they are not going to care about a few hundred on a stroll.

Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:26 am

ElyBoy1984 wrote:

Only the begining.
Should be a lot more in London on the 29th march. Anyone on here going?

I'll probably go although I haven't been on a protest since I was a student in the early eighties. A free trip to London I seem to remember, I spent most of the day in the pub. If this looks like getting hijacked by the right then I'll reconsider but at the moment I want to go.

Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:34 pm

Why is is embarrassing, have you even looked into what it's about, it's a walk to London STARTING in Sunderland ending on the 29th the day we are supposed to leave the EU as voted for in the referendum in 2016.

I think you might be a bit shocked by how many turn up in London on he 29th and by how many people will take to the streets if we don't leave, our entire democracy depends on it.

It's no good saying people didn't know what they were voting for because they did, to leave the EU, if people couldn't be bothered to do a bit of research etc then that's tough luck and no different to any vote in this country when the majority of people just rock up to a polling station and tick a box without really knowing why.

Abd for the record I had no strong feeling either way on if we should stay or leave but the country voted to leave, so leave we must.

Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:05 pm

I think this kind of sums it all up - sing to the tune of Blaydon Races.
:old: :old:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:53 pm

RV Casual wrote:

Why is is embarrassing, have you even looked into what it's about, it's a walk to London STARTING in Sunderland ending on the 29th the day we are supposed to leave the EU as voted for in the referendum in 2016.

I think you might be a bit shocked by how many turn up in London on he 29th and by how many people will take to the streets if we don't leave, our entire democracy depends on it.

It's no good saying people didn't know what they were voting for because they did, to leave the EU, if people couldn't be bothered to do a bit of research etc then that's tough luck and no different to any vote in this country when the majority of people just rock up to a polling station and tick a box without really knowing why.

Abd for the record I had no strong feeling either way on if we should stay or leave but the country voted to leave, so leave we must.

You seem to have contradicted yourself there.

Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:11 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Maybe slightly I concede, but the point stands.

Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:42 pm

RV Casual wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Might be a few more on the March now Bercow and co and trying to stop Brexit !!!

Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:48 pm

Bluebina wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Might be a few more on the March now Bercow and co and trying to stop Brexit !!!

Isn't Brexit about applying British law and not being governed by EU law?
All Bercow has done is apply a bit of British law.

Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:03 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Found a really old loophole hasn't he?

The Speaker should be like a referee there to apply the rules, remain impartial and hopefully not make himself the centre of attention and he should try not to be controversial.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/0 ... ed-remain/

Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:12 pm

BlueGog wrote:I think this kind of sums it all up - sing to the tune of Blaydon Races.

I voted to leave and I may take part in the march. Are you labelling me racist ?

Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:40 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

The Speaker should be like a referee there to apply the rules, remain impartial and hopefully not make himself the centre of attention and he should try not to be controversial.

Bercow is there to oversee the proceedings in the house to ensure they comply with the rules of the house.
What else is he supposed to do? Ignore the rules?

Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:18 pm

Bercow interpreting laws, choosing amendments while driving his wives "bollocks to brexit" car sticker.
We can all agree, he's a very strange man.

Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:51 pm

Why was it a damp squib ? It’s a bloody long walk :lol: :lol: No I will tell you why Nigel Farage has shat on the very same people who supported him. Calling everyone Tattooed bald drunken thugs. After that he expects everyone to follow him ? Sadly he could of been the man but Tommy and Gerard Batten is now the face of the show and he has had his nose put out of joint.
The fact was as soon as the referendum was won he fucked off. But the job wasn’t done and Gerrard Batten has taken over and Tommy who can pull in the support.
Yes I am going with several,others on the 29th and my view it doesn’t matter which way you voted the simple fact is democracy is at stake. And polls saying that Brits are backing a no deal Brexit by as high as 75%.
Martin Lewis a remainer done a poll which had a massive response and leave by no deal had it by around 75%.
So I will be there fighting for what I believe in and what I believe would be best for my children and Grandchildren’s future.
Others disagree and that’s fine by me and had remain won then I would of respected that decision.

Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:29 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Why was it a damp squib ? It’s a bloody long walk :lol: :lol: No I will tell you why Nigel Farage has shat on the very same people who supported him. Calling everyone Tattooed bald drunken thugs. After that he expects everyone to follow him ? Sadly he could of been the man but Tommy and Gerard Batten is now the face of the show and he has had his nose put out of joint.
The fact was as soon as the referendum was won he fucked off. But the job wasn’t done and Gerrard Batten has taken over and Tommy who can pull in the support.
Yes I am going with several,others on the 29th and my view it doesn’t matter which way you voted the simple fact is democracy is at stake. And polls saying that Brits are backing a no deal Brexit by as high as 75%.
Martin Lewis a remainer done a poll which had a massive response and leave by no deal had it by around 75%.
So I will be there fighting for what I believe in and what I believe would be best for my children and Grandchildren’s future.
Others disagree and that’s fine by me and had remain won then I would of respected that decision.

sorry mate but TR will drive away more potential suport than he will ever bring in, surely you see this.?
im not anti TR infact have stuck up for him often on here but for many people their dislike of him overshadows and deflects from whatever issue he stands for.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:06 am

epping blue wrote:
BlueGog wrote:I think this kind of sums it all up - sing to the tune of Blaydon Races.

I voted to leave and I may take part in the march. Are you labelling me racist ?

I'm certainly not calling you racist, I don't know you, but what I will say is that every racist in the country did vote leave.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:00 am

BlueGog wrote:
epping blue wrote:

I'm certainly not calling you racist, I don't know you, but what I will say is that every racist in the country did vote leave.

Repeating Will Self doesn't make you clever or correct. I'm sure a few of the racist anti-semites in labour voted remain.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:01 am

dogfound wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Why was it a damp squib ? It’s a bloody long walk :lol: :lol: No I will tell you why Nigel Farage has shat on the very same people who supported him. Calling everyone Tattooed bald drunken thugs. After that he expects everyone to follow him ? Sadly he could of been the man but Tommy and Gerard Batten is now the face of the show and he has had his nose put out of joint.

sorry mate but TR will drive away more potential suport than he will ever bring in, surely you see this.?
im not anti TR infact have stuck up for him often on here but for many people their dislike of him overshadows and deflects from whatever issue he stands for.

Your right. I feel really strongly about this but I would probably not go and my wife definitely wouldn't go.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:23 am

BlueGog wrote: I'm certainly not calling you racist, I don't know you, but what I will say is that every racist in the country did vote leave.

I thought Dianne Abbot was a remainer?

Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:31 am

epping blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Your right. I feel really strongly about this but I would probably not go and my wife definitely wouldn't go.

same here and its not because I hate TR as a lot { by no ways all } that he says I agree with but the best thing he could do for Brexit and this march is go on holiday.
you need go no further than this board , he gets mentioned and suddenly the topic ,no matter how serious or how little it has to do with him gets overlooked by those with a strong dislike of him , its not hard to see

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:12 am

BlueGog wrote:but what I will say is that every racist in the country did vote leave.

673 anti-Semitism complaints in 10 months against Labour Party members would make that statement a little in consistent.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:14 am

Gaynor Straight wrote:Isn't Brexit about applying British law and not being governed by EU law?

Bercow is not applying British Law he is applying Bercow Law. If he was applying British Law then we would be exiting the EU in 10 days time.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:42 am

Gaynor Straight wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Bercow is there to oversee the proceedings in the house to ensure they comply with the rules of the house.
What else is he supposed to do? Ignore the rules?

this particular rule pre dates Cromwell and the type of parliament we have today though..how many other ancient rules/laws are still out there that time has passed by and no one has taken the trouble to repeal as no one thinks some simpleton is going to dig them up and try and use them.
his job is to apply fairness and common sense .

Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:57 am

Where is this fictional poll?

Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:09 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
BlueGog wrote:but what I will say is that every racist in the country did vote leave.

673 anti-Semitism complaints in 10 months against Labour Party members would make that statement a little in consistent.

I'm certainly in no way a supporter of Labour (or the branch office down the bay) but condemning the state of Israel and their brutal policies against the Palestinians is not anti-semitic. I think we'll eventually find that this was an orchestrated campaign against Labour. Dirty tricks etc...

Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:07 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

Where is this fictional poll?

Its not fictional it was on Martin Lewis Facebook page go and look it up. Told you where the rest is up to you.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:19 pm

BlueGog wrote:
epping blue wrote:

[color=#4000BF]Wow what abpathetic statement to make. So if you are against the EU you are a Racist ? Or any Racist would of voted leave. Did every Swansea fan vote leave as well ? Ohh hang every Cardiff fan voted reamain.
Now let’s get this right I do know that many Antifa voted leave because I know some that have spoke to them, because of there hatred of anything elite. Kinnock was anti Europe until they paid him and his wife a fortune to love it, Corbyn was against it but then changed as well, and your assumption that every Racist voted leave is flawed as Dianne Abbott is a raging racist . [/colour]

Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:53 pm

Another leave campaign found doing something illegal :roll: . Think we can all agree that 'democracy is dead' if this is allowed to stand without another vote.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47623413

Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:04 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:Another leave campaign found doing something illegal :roll: . Think we can all agree that 'democracy is dead' if this is allowed to stand without another vote.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47623413

Wow, nearly 200k nuisance texts out of nearly 17.5m people who voted out. Democracy must be dead.