DAYA

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DAYA

Postby since64 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:10 am

I remember you as someone who in days gone was an excellent contributor to different CCFC websites, as l hope you will again as you have excellent knowledge re the club,but man what happened to make you so bitter toward the club you once supported
since64

DAYA

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: DAYA

Postby Daya » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:50 am

since64 wrote:I remember you as someone who in days gone was an excellent contributor to different CCFC websites, as l hope you will again as you have excellent knowledge re the club,but man what happened to make you so bitter toward the club you once supported

Good morning,

Thanks of the question. Firstly I have no bitterness, that's perceived and presumed by others who don't like an alternative opinion and make allegations to swing others to their train of thoughts.

As you maybe aware I no longer go to watch Cardiff City or offer my support, that was my decision along time ago now must be coming up to 8/9 years, I do though for old times sake and via some good memories keep an eye on the scores and keep in touch with many people from those days of my life, some great lads and time. Now and then I also pop into read mesage boards and forums too from time to time especially if there is a hot topic to read and absorb which there has been of late.

As people who know me in real life will always confirm I've since 3 years old some 50 years ago now been an avid West Ham supporter and still am to this day.

My association with Cardiff City started in the old days when residing in Cardiff in the middle nineties If my old memory serves me right although my first games but not many were in the late 80's. I simply if not able to go and watch my West Ham team have always taken in to watch local football teams as many do, just to enjoy a game of live football ( especially in that era).

It was of course what I regard as the old Cardiff city, down the bottom leagues always struggling with a real fan base of around 4,000 to 6,000 attending live games, I stood side by side with real die hard Cardiff supporters who became great friends and still are, something that I will always cherish.

I also had great admiration for one Steve Borley, a fan who basically saved his football club, put his business and family on the line to save his boyhood club. Due to that admiration I gave him a hand where I could in various ways.

As we all know times then changed, firstly Sam Hamman came along, then Pistol Pete, followed by the Malaysian bunch.

It wasn't the same and my son had now come along who of course followed and supported West Ham and wished to attend every game. So firstly I drifted away under the Hamman era especially when he was getting it wrong and the club into debts like it had never seen before and then of course the total clown Riddler who I despised so I just walked away totally and to be frank turning a clubs traditional colours to red really was the final straw of any interest, and the way the fans at the time accepted it as well as promoted it.

Of course since those days the game has changed totally which isn't the football I enjoyed back in the day but just have to accept its an evolving ( not for the better) modern way of the game.

So I guess to summarise, met some great people, enjoyed watching the old Cardiff City, new one wasn't for me. My life my choice.

All things change I guess, same as message boards etc, they used to be a right laugh, rather like being in a pub with all the chaps you stood on the terraces with on a week night. Everyone knew everyone and the banter and debate was quality and passed the time of a weekday evening. Like the game this has now changed too with the arrival of the new fans and generations.

We live now today in a social media, keyboard society which I don't think is for the better either, but lets not start on that one.

On the rare occasion I come on here I now come with an open mind not a bitter one but not with blue tinted glasses on as I once did. Unfortunately this doesn't go down well with some of the newcomers since those days of 4.000 crowds and limited members of message boards.

Well you did ask! I bet you wished you hadn't now.
Chuckles is a newbie fan who jumped on the glory bandwagon
Daya

Postby since64 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:08 am

Daya wrote:
since64 wrote:I remember you as someone who in days gone was an excellent contributor to different CCFC websites, as l hope you will again as you have excellent knowledge re the club,but man what happened to make you so bitter toward the club you once supported

Good morning,

Thanks of the question. Firstly I have no bitterness, that's perceived and presumed by others who don't like an alternative opinion and make allegations to swing others to their train of thoughts.

As you maybe aware I no longer go to watch Cardiff City or offer my support, that was my decision along time ago now must be coming up to 8/9 years, I do though for old times sake and via some good memories keep an eye on the scores and keep in touch with many people from those days of my life, some great lads and time. Now and then I also pop into read mesage boards and forums too from time to time especially if there is a hot topic to read and absorb which there has been of late.

As people who know me in real life will always confirm I've since 3 years old some 50 years ago now been an avid West Ham supporter and still am to this day.

My association with Cardiff City started in the old days when residing in Cardiff in the middle nineties If my old memory serves me right although my first games but not many were in the late 80's. I simply if not able to go and watch my West Ham team have always taken in to watch local football teams as many do, just to enjoy a game of live football ( especially in that era).

It was of course what I regard as the old Cardiff city, down the bottom leagues always struggling with a real fan base of around 4,000 to 6,000 attending live games, I stood side by side with real die hard Cardiff supporters who became great friends and still are, something that I will always cherish.

I also had great admiration for one Steve Borley, a fan who basically saved his football club, put his business and family on the line to save his boyhood club. Due to that admiration I gave him a hand where I could in various ways.

As we all know times then changed, firstly Sam Hamman came along, then Pistol Pete, followed by the Malaysian bunch.

It wasn't the same and my son had now come along who of course followed and supported West Ham and wished to attend every game. So firstly I drifted away under the Hamman era especially when he was getting it wrong and the club into debts like it had never seen before and then of course the total clown Riddler who I despised so I just walked away totally and to be frank turning a clubs traditional colours to red really was the final straw of any interest, and the way the fans at the time accepted it as well as promoted it.

Of course since those days the game has changed totally which isn't the football I enjoyed back in the day but just have to accept its an evolving ( not for the better) modern way of the game.

So I guess to summarise, met some great people, enjoyed watching the old Cardiff City, new one wasn't for me. My life my choice.

All things change I guess, same as message boards etc, they used to be a right laugh, rather like being in a pub with all the chaps you stood on the terraces with on a week night. Everyone knew everyone and the banter and debate was quality and passed the time of a weekday evening. Like the game this has now changed too with the arrival of the new fans and generations.

We live now today in a social media, keyboard society which I don't think is for the better either, but lets not start on that one.

On the rare occasion I come on here I now come with an open mind not a bitter one but not with blue tinted glasses on as I once did. Unfortunately this doesn't go down well with some of the newcomers since those days of 4.000 crowds and limited members of message boards.

Not at all mate,I’ve never met you and my only contact with you was through message boards like this one,and as l said you spoke a lot of sense back then :lol: glad to see with this latest post you seem to be getting back on track :lol:
since64

Postby Daya » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:31 am

since64 wrote:
Daya wrote:

Good morning,

Not at all mate,I’ve never met you and my only contact with you was through message boards like this one,and as l said you spoke a lot of sense back then :lol: glad to see with this latest post you seem to be getting back on track :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: have a great day fella I'm off for lunch. It would probably be more sense than sitting on here all day :lol:
Chuckles is a newbie fan who jumped on the glory bandwagon
Daya

Postby bluesince62 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:11 pm

Daya wrote:

Good morning,

Well fu#k me sideways, you cheeky fuc#,calling me a frigging newbie,I had this distorted view,that you had been around,as long, if not longer than me,judging by your newbie jibe on another topic,how very very wrong I was :laughing5: now I can confidently say ,you are indeed the newbie not me,I'm fu**ing weak :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby JulesK » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:52 am

Well well well, never thought I'd see the day but I agree with every word of that especially the social media bit!!!!
But everything moves on so I suppose it's either change with it or fall away.

Have a good day all. :ayatollah:
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby mucker » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:21 pm

I tried a fig today.
mucker

Postby TAP_Sheep » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:26 pm

Daya wrote:

Good morning,

To be fair I know lots of City fans who feel the same. I'm not exactly old but I've noticed a drastic change in the club and it's sad but I really don't feel nearly as passionate as I used to about the club at all. Doesn't feel like Cardiff City at all and hasn't done for almost a decade.
TAP_Sheep

Return to General Chat