Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is Nathan Blake a legend?

Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:04 pm

Always found him lazy, does scoring a cup goal against Man City make him a legend as he is always described in the media. Interested to see what others think

Re: Is Nathan Blake a legend?

Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:43 pm

65Blue wrote:Always found him lazy, does scoring a cup goal against Man City make him a legend as he is always described in the media. Interested to see what others think

Came across as a bit too laid back on times, but was a class act, and often on a different level to every other player on the pitch.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:42 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
65Blue wrote:Always found him lazy, does scoring a cup goal against Man City make him a legend as he is always described in the media. Interested to see what others think

Came across as a bit too laid back on times, but was a class act, and often on a different level to every other player on the pitch.

We've had many good players but the term legend should be reserved for people like Don Murray and Joe Dwyer that put a shift in for over 400 appearances

Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:39 pm

100% not

Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:04 pm

Not for me but then I was 9 when he left City :lol:

Can't stand his column either, mostly complete nonsense.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:06 pm

Not at all

Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:35 pm

Silly question really as he’s so obviously not.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:16 pm

A legend in his own lifetime more like! :roll:

Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:32 pm

65Blue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

We've had many good players but the term legend should be reserved for people like Don Murray and Joe Dwyer that put a shift in for over 400 appearances

Spot on :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:43 pm

Liked Blakey because at the time he was a little bit of quality amongst what in all honesty were a team of journeymen,sadly he spoiled it for me by not wanting to play against Luton even though he had been given the ok to do so

Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:13 pm

No chance. Blakey is only in his mind and the mind of Wales Online.
So many other players ahead of him for their commitment and efforts for City over the years

Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:20 pm

65Blue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Definitely or one club men like Peter King,

Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:25 pm

No he’s not.

Sol Bamba is also not a legend - as some on here claim.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:57 pm

Would he get in our team nowadays ?... I'm not sure , but a local boy who done good . In my eyes a legend - 14 goals in 20 games 92-93 season . Not to mention his goal in the fa cup .

Other than Gabs or Earnie cant think of a local boy who helped us more when we were at our lowest - then again i'm still young in comparison to most of the forum .

Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:21 pm

Only at robbing fruit machines! :)

Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:15 pm

Could/should have been,but failed to fill his potential.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:04 pm

Not in my opinion.

Had a bit of quality in the lower leagues, soon moved clubs when the money came calling and even refused to play against Luton for you in the FA cup afire the Man City win.

He thinks he's a legend mind as a cheap option for the welsh media.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:14 pm

since64 wrote:
65Blue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Peter King a fine example as was Gary Bell, Ron Stitfall.Brian Clark had 2 spells but scored a legendary goal but because players keep movi g on on Whitts of recent times. Any more?

Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:25 pm

65Blue wrote:
since64 wrote:
65Blue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Peter King a fine example as was Gary Bell, Ron Stitfall.Brian Clark had 2 spells but scored a legendary goal but because players keep movi g on on Whitts of recent times. Any more?

Steve Borley for not allowing the Club to go bust. Total legend.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:30 pm

Daya wrote:
65Blue wrote:
since64 wrote:
65Blue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Thats 2 sensible posts you ok

Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:43 pm

65Blue wrote:
Daya wrote:
65Blue wrote:
since64 wrote:
65Blue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

As always just stating the facts. :old:

Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:45 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

Well at the time he was only playing In the bottom league to be honest, although did ok at higher level once he moved on.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:52 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:No he’s not.

Now you mention it though, I think he might well be in the future.
I see someone mentioned Don Murray and of course they're quite right, but I'm thinking that Sol's pulled off so many " golden moments" people probably will look back on him like that in the future.
Peter King is a good call too.
I'm thinking Ian Gibson

Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:25 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:

I see someone mentioned Don Murray and of course they're quite right, but I'm thinking that Sol's pulled off so many " golden moments" people probably will look back on him like that in the future.
I'm thinking Ian Gibson

I'm thinking Ronnie Bird, what a lovely fella too god bless his soul.

Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:01 am

65Blue wrote:
Daya wrote:
65Blue wrote:
since64 wrote:
65Blue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Yes 2 but he copied one off me almost word for word :lol:

Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:04 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:

I'm thinking Ian Gibson

Gibbon was great for us but only for two seasons,so for me not a legend

Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:25 pm

Nathan was a standout player in a 4th division team, then he went elsewhere, he never looked that bothered on or off the pitch to me. Never a legend, but good for us at the time.

Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:24 pm

Andysince76 wrote:Nathan was a standout player in a 4th division team, then he went elsewhere, he never looked that bothered on or off the pitch to me. Never a legend, but good for us at the time.

Probably summed up perfectly, I remember him playing centre half and doing a decent job as he couldn't switch off and have his usual breather

Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:15 pm

Yes I would call him a legend.
He was great for us and scored some great goals.
He was excellent when he wanted to be.
He still cares about the club and I actually find his views interesting.
I don't really understand some people's negativity towards him.

Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:22 pm

Buchanan's Exocet wrote:Yes I would call him a legend.
He was great for us and scored some great goals.
He was excellent when he wanted to be.
He still cares about the club and I actually find his views interesting.
I don't really understand some people's negativity towards him.

Not so much negativity more accepting the fact he is not a legend as constantly being labelled by W.L.O