Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City Captain Phil Dwyer / Over 600 appearances for

Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:48 am

Cardiff City Captain Phil Dwyer / Over 600 appearances for the mighty Bluebirds / All time highest number of appearances for Cardiff City :bluebird: :bluebird:

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/ :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff City Captain Phil Dwyer / Over 600 appearances f

Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:37 pm

My boyhood City hero and a person I'm lucky enough to have met on a number of occasions :thumbright:

#PhilDwyerCardiffCityLegend :clap: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :notworthy:

Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:19 pm

Phil Dwyer , a player who would have run through brick walls for The Bluebirds cause....!
An absolute legend.....his book is a good read too especially if you don't remember those days.....

Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:15 pm

Sven wrote:My boyhood City hero and a person I'm lucky enough to have met on a number of occasions :thumbright:

#PhilDwyerCardiffCityLegend :clap: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :notworthy:

Same here.
Last City player I saw as I left Ninian Park for the last time after the Ipswich game and the one who inspired me both as fan and player.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:28 pm

The word legend gets bandied about a lot like the way WOL always talk about Nathan Blake for example!!
Phil Dwyer is a proper legend for sure.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:53 pm

Pity that his book doesn't seem to be available in the apple books store.

Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:16 am

Just bought it on Amazon prime. Thanks for reminding me Annis about what a great player and ambassador Joe was to Cardiff City. Looking forward to reading it and reminiscing!. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:13 pm

A real character too ! Great guy ! :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:29 pm

Loved watching Joe in his prime - one of my favourite City players over the years.

Great to see that he seems to be over his recent bout of ill health and looking well.

That book is an excellent read by the way and I would heartily recommend it - and Phil's book is good too!

:lol: :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:44 pm

Alston&Evans wrote:Just bought it on Amazon prime. Thanks for reminding me Annis about what a great player and ambassador Joe was to Cardiff City. Looking forward to reading it and reminiscing!. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Your welcome and it’s a good read :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Alston&Evans wrote:Just bought it on Amazon prime. Thanks for reminding me Annis about what a great player and ambassador Joe was to Cardiff City. Looking forward to reading it and reminiscing!. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Absolute legend and made two comebacks when he was all but written off, once when Len Ashurst got rid of him but realised he had to get him back and the other time when he all but died during a game

Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:23 am

since64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Absolute legend and made two comebacks when he was all but written off, once when Len Ashurst got rid of him but realised he had to get him back and the other time when he all but died during a game

Correct,a true city LEGEND, in every sense of the word. :old: :bluebird:

Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:57 am

Don't see Phil play on his first spell for city saw him play under Len ashurst .Always been an aspiration of my be played full heartedly a cardiff lad and city meant everything to him .My all time favourite player because he gave 100 % every game a lot like sol bambas attitude in the team now.
Meant Phil read his book nice and he really is Mr cardiff city.
Good health to you phil

Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:04 am

Hope Phil is now on the road to recovery.

I remember one game he got the ball and sat on it during the match.

The crowd boo'd lol he was a brick wall.

Phil was an awesome player