Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: WOEFUL CARDIFF TORN APART & WILL BE VERY GRATEFULL

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:56 pm

My View / Opinion

WOEFUL CARDIFF TORN APART & WILL BE VERY GRATEFULL THE SCORE LINE WAS KEPT LOW THANKS TO SOME BRILLIANT SAVES BY NEIL ETHERIDGE.

Its going to be very very hard to now stay up, Warnock will need everything he has ever done in football in my opinion to keep this club up as they look like sinking fast.

Wolves ended a three-match winless run in the league with victory over struggling Cardiff.

At one point it looked like Cardiff might have caved in like their previous games, but thanks to goalkeeper Etheridge the defeat was kept low.

Very worrying times for Cardiff defeat after defeat and they seem to crumble to easily.

For me the game over all was one way traffic and virtually won to easy by Wolves.

First-half: 15 excellent mins by Cardiff, then for 30mins totally torn apart by Wolves :cry:

WOLVES 2 CARDIFF CITY 0 :cry: :cry:
Crowd 31,309
Away Support 3,100 (Cardiff)

Cardiff City: Etheridge; Peltier, Morrison, Bamba, Bennett; Gunnarsson, Ralls, Camarasa, Decordova-Reid; Zohore, Niasse.

Subs: Smithies, Manga, Paterson, Bacuna, Arter, Healey, Harris

It was a very positive start by Cardiff in the first 15mins :bluebird: :bluebird:

Then just after 15mins, Wolves with one attack and ripped through Cardiff with Jota finishing of superbly 1-0 :cry:

Two minutes later Sol Bamba gave the ball away and 2-0 Wolves, woeful defending :cry: :cry:

Wolves fans then signing, "Warnock, Warnock whats the score."

Then it was all Wolves, it was wave after wave attack by Wolves.

Wolves should of gone in 4 or 5 nil up, including missing an open goal.

Bamba got booked for a foul and ended up injured being badly with his knee and stretchered off :cry:

Manga came on.

It looked bad his knee, until today Bamba had played every minute in every game this season for Cardiff City.

H/T 2-0 :cry: :cry:

For me the game over all was one way traffic and virtually won to easy by Wolves.

Wolves dominated and Etheridge had to make at least three excellent saves.

Paterson came on for Bobby Reid.

Niasse was replaced by Healey.

Wolves finished the game in total control

F/T 2-0 :cry: :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: WOEFUL CARDIFF TORN APART & WILL BE VERY GRATE

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:58 pm

It's very Dissapointing, I just can't understand all these changes game after game and not going back to what was working.

Re: MY VIEW: WOEFULL CARDIFF TORN APART & WILL BE VERY GRATE

Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:01 pm

Another shocking display.....men against boys springs to mind.

2blue2handle wrote:It's very Dissapointing, I just can't understand all these changes game after game and not going back to what was working.

Very very worried Luke, but so might Warnock on and off the pitch :cry:

This was one of the winnable games.

Our defence since Morrison came back has been awful and it is costing us points.
The dropping of Arter is also unbelievable

Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:02 pm

thomasblue wrote:This was one of the winnable games.

Our defence since Morrison came back has been awful and it is costing us points.
The dropping of Arter is also unbelievable

DEF winnable, worrying times Thomas

Re: MY VIEW: WOEFUL CARDIFF TORN APART & WILL BE VERY GRATEF

Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:03 pm

Look out championship here we come!! :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:It's very Dissapointing, I just can't understand all these changes game after game and not going back to what was working.

Very very worried Luke, but so might Warnock on and off the pitch :cry:

When we are conceding so many and not looking like scoring, it's those teams who usually go down.

Next game is massive for us.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:08 pm

Oh well boys, it’s been a good run but I’m afraid the writing is on the wall

Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:09 pm

it was a lethargic performance. wolves played with more intensity, aggression, and 2-0 certainly flattered us.

seems totally irrelevant, but warnock went with a positive starting 11, with 2 up front. in hindsight niasse on his own with an extra man in midfield may have allowed us to be more competitive.

Difference in quality was huge, they didn’t give up but wolves were streets ahead and we didn’t believe we could score or get anything. Niasse has no belief and most of them confidence is shot. Bad form at the worst possible time, right now you would be amazed if Cardiff could pull this off yet 3 weeks ago we looked a totally different team. That break has done nothing for us never does.

Playing like they've given up truth be told. Not even competitive

Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:11 pm

well for me swap mozzer wiv bruno that was near enough out strongest 11 for me gets taken apart by a team who have lost twice to huddersfeild all due respect to them but sadly its looking very bleak west ham next week that wont be easy i think there a better team than wolves and then chelsea really need to get some wins and quick but cant see any on horizon sadly esp with the set of games coming up

Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:15 pm

I am not surprised at all by today. Warnock has lost it, he will not be able to save the season now. Sadly he looks totally drained by events in recent weeks. The team are shattered in terms of confidence and ideas too. Only a new manager might get a 'bounce' in results but frankly the quality we have is probably not good enough. Mathematically we are not down and we have a possible chance of points next week against West Ham. I can't see anything other than another thrashing with Warnock in charge. He's been one of our greatest managers ever but sadly I now say Warnocks time is up. Caretaker manager until the end of the season please.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:17 pm

Very worrying for Bamba,it looks like Morrisson/Manga for the rest of the season.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:19 pm

Get Bellars involved.

Put a pair of boots on him and ask him to run cos no other fker can!

Bobby Reid - only person looking likely to create...take him off. Reid and Niasse look good together up top, have Murphy and Mendez on flanks and we have a useful outfit. Camarasa isnt a winger no wonder he looked fuked off

Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:28 pm

Shocking cop out by the referee not to second yellow card their defender too.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:32 pm

NW has squeezed every last drop out this squad.
Hopefully he has disclosed to Tan what he wants to do at the end of the season.

Im fine if he wants to go again as he knows the championship inside out and we do have a good championship squad.

The decision needs to made now though ,as if he is going, let the new man see what he has got to work with.

Unfortunately we have just come up short and in fairness without Tan breaking the wage structure we probably never stood a chance.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:56 pm

I don't necessarily agree that this was a winnable game especially away from home. Does it mean that any away game City play barring against a top 6 team we have a chance of winning? We haven't done it all season besides Leicester away.

It would be a shame if this was it and just played the rest of the season going through the motions. The fans wouldn't stand for it.

We'll miss our true Captain Bamba that's for sure. Who else is vocal in that team?
NW needs to play Camarasa in his best position but thats the least of our worries currently.

Lets raise the roof against West Ham and hope the players respond.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:57 pm

Wolves 2-0 Cardiff: Diogo Jota and Raul Jimenez on target in comfortable win

BBC

Diogo Jota and Raul Jimenez were on target as Wolves ended a three-match winless run in the league with victory over struggling Cardiff.

Jota broke the deadlock in the 16th minute, exchanging passes with Jimenez on the edge of the Cardiff penalty area before finishing confidently past Neil Etheridge.

Wolves doubled their lead just two minutes later when Jota returned the favour for Jimenez, who fired low into the corner for his 11th league goal of the campaign.

Leander Dendoncker nearly made it 3-0 in the first half but struck the post from point-blank range before being denied by Etheridge on the follow-up.

Cardiff's woes were compounded by an injury to Sol Bamba, who was carried off on a stretcher before half-time with what appeared to be a knee injury.

The win lifts seventh-placed Wolves onto 43 points - more than they have previously amassed in the Premier League - while Cardiff remain 18th, two points off safety following a third consecutive defeat.

Wolves recover from dismal Huddersfield showing

Wolves produced one of their worst displays of the season in Tuesday's surprise 1-0 defeat at Huddersfield, with Nuno Espirito Santo's side failing to register a single shot on target.

The Portuguese said afterwards that such a performance "cannot happen again", while calling on his players to "bounce back" at the earliest opportunity.

The hosts did so in some style against Cardiff, producing the kind of slick, attacking football we have come to expect from them this season.

An intricate passing move involving Willy Boly, Morgan Gibbs-White and Jimenez set up Jota for the opener, which came against the run of play following a bright opening by the visitors.

Wolves dominated thereafter, doubling their lead through Jimenez less than two minutes after Jota's had scored.

Only a combination of wayward finishing and excellent goalkeeping from Etheridge prevented the hosts from extending their advantage after the restart, with Adama Traore particularly profligate in front of goal.

The former Middlesbrough man sliced a right-footed effort wide from the edge of the penalty area before firing low past Etheridge's left-hand post soon afterwards.

Jimenez thought he had scored another from Matt Doherty's pass, but Etheridge somehow got a hand to the ball to deflect the effort off target.

The 29-year-old produced a smart reflex save to deny Ruben Vinagre late on but it was still a highly satisfactory afternoon for Wolves, who remain in pole position to clinch seventh spot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:01 pm

Exit stage right

Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:08 pm

:bluebird:

Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:10 pm

etheridge made some class saves

Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:35 pm

Sorry guys, whoever thinks that was winnable needs to look at our resources.

Wolves have a wealth of pace all over the pitch, there is no one in our defence or midfield that could catch them!

We are a hard working team but very limited in skill and talent.

Our paciest player? He was in the stands with the supporters.

We need to keep trying and hope for some success.

Best player: Etheridge (followed closely by Manga)

Least effective: Niasse

Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:38 pm

The problem with your analysis was you sayin that Warnock will have to pull together everything he has achieved in football is that he has never achieved anything at Premiership level in fact he has been an abject failure at that level

Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:47 pm

Every team looks like Brazil compared to us but we did have a go for 80mins and with better finishing and better final ball could and should have netted couple of goals! But unfortunately our defence as gone missing past 3 games for whatever reason and thats going to cost us ultimately. :roll:

Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:55 pm

To be honest we shot ourselves in the foot beginning of the season when we should have beat Newcastle Huddersfield and even against arsenal all at home

Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:21 pm

Etheridge saved our arse from a complete melt down

Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:37 pm

I will not miss a game this season but its getting harder to watch every game with our best team out on the pitch we are struggling i think most fans are cominng around to the drop, the hope when sala signed has faded within, and now bamba not looking to good either, our leader and motivator by far, the only thing is southampton are only 2 points above so its still there to fight for, but how much fight the team has without bamba is a hard ask imo.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:18 pm

:bluebird: