Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING: FA WANT ANSWERS FROM NEIL WARNOCK & SON

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:21 pm

FA 'probe Neil Warnock and son James over transfer dealings at Cardiff... with details of deals - including Emiliano Sala - to be made public next month'
By James Dutton

Saturday 2nd March 2019

The FA want answers over James Warnock's involvement in deals at Cardiff

Warnock Jnr believed to be involved in three separate negotiations

All of Cardiff's transfer dealings are expected to be made public in April

Neil Warnock's transfer dealings at Cardiff are reportedly being probed with the FA seeking answers over the role of his son, James, in contract negotiations.

They are said to want to hear from the 70-year-old about his son's involvement in deals for Sean Morrison, Rhys Healey and Craig Noone.

Details of Cardiff's dealings are expected to be made public in April, including that for Nantes striker Emiliano Sala, who was killed in a plane crash in January.

Warnock's son is not believed to have had any involvement in that transfer.

The FA confirmed on Friday night they want to hear from Warnock, according to The Sun.

A spokesman said: 'The FA are seeking observations from the relevant parties but have no further comment at this stage.'

FA rules contain provisions in section E4 covering situations where potential 'conflicts of interests' which may arise when family members are involved in deals.

Club captain Morrison left his agent and used Warnock Jnr to broker a new three-year deal in the summer of 2017.

The manager's son was also used to negotiate a new deal for Healey in October 2017.

He is also believed to have negotiated the termination of Noone's contract in the summer of 2017 when he had a year remaining on his deal.

Warnock last month denied there was a conflict of interest in his relationship with his son James, who works as an agent for Unique Sports Management.

The relationship between the Warnocks has been under media scrutiny as agency Unique Sports Management, who James works for, have both Morrison and Healey on their books.

'I feel sorry for James,' Warnock said. 'Morrison was mentioned, but we turned down £5-6million from Sheffield Wednesday for him and thought it was a sensible thing to put him on a longer contract.

'Young Rhys Healey was mentioned, an up-and-coming lad who I think has got a big future in the game.'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BREAKING: FA WANT ANSWERS FROM NEIL WARNOCK & SON

Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:15 pm

Sven wasn't these deals done before Warnock came to the club, maybe noone going when he was here?

Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:33 pm

Igovernor wrote:Sven wasn't these deals done before Warnock came to the club, maybe noone going when he was here?

Yes, partly but this is the tip of a rather large iceberg, according to some reliable sources

Some of this was hinted at some weeks ago but this is the first media output

I just hope that it's just the FA doing their jobs and not something specific that has come to their attention :thumbright:

Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:36 pm

All I can say is as I have for weeks, but shot down on many occasions on here, I am very worried on our side, not looking that good,agents as well, but not bothered about them.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:All I can say is as I have for weeks, but shot down on many occasions on here, I am very worried on our side, not looking that good,agents as well, but not bothered about them.

I’ve heard a few things recently a few backhanders have been paid to Warnock etc.. could be complete bullshit but when big contracts are being signed fees are going certain ways when they shouldn’t be.. I was going to post it but it looks like it’s going to be all coming out in the next few months

Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:46 pm

In a statement to Sportsmail, Cardiff said: 'Cardiff City will work with the FA to ensure it receives all information needed to determine the facts.'

Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:48 pm

FA 'probe Neil Warnock and son James over transfer dealings at Cardiff'

Daily Mail

By James Dutton For Mailonline

02 Mar 2019

Neil Warnock's transfer dealings at Cardiff are reportedly being probed with the FA seeking answers over the role of his son, James, in contract negotiations.

They are said to want to hear from the 70-year-old about his son's involvement in deals for Sean Morrison, Rhys Healey and Craig Noone.

Details of Cardiff's dealings are expected to be made public in April, including that for Nantes striker Emiliano Sala, who was killed in a plane crash in January.

Neil Warnock's transfer dealings at Cardiff are being probed by the Football Association

Warnock's son is not believed to have had any involvement in that transfer.

The FA confirmed on Friday night they want to hear from Warnock, according to .

A spokesman said: 'The FA are seeking observations from the relevant parties but have no further comment at this stage.'

Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:05 pm

This goes back to 2017, the fa have known all along , this is a non story.. scaremongering ..it’s in the sun ffs.. and BBC Latched on .

Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:00 pm

Bonner wrote:This goes back to 2017, the fa have known all along , this is a non story.. scaremongering ..it’s in the sun ffs.. and BBC Latched on .

Talk about hitting a man when he's down :shock: this is just another stick to beat cardiff with,I think the whole team seem distant,might be just me,perhaps all that has been,and still is going on,it must be hard for neil to concentrate, maybe I'm wrong,but neil looks shot to me,this and the sala saga is taking its toll obviously, we will have to wait and see :? .

Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:40 pm

Mr warnocks son is not sean morrison agent the sun is a rag of a newspaper

Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:All I can say is as I have for weeks, but shot down on many occasions on here, I am very worried on our side, not looking that good,agents as well, but not bothered about them.

What I would be interested to know, is why would this sort of thing be focused on Cardiff City when countless managers over the course of the Premier League years have done exactly the same things that are being alleged without any serious action?

I wonder whether if it's more a case of establishment not liking what he has to say and what he stands for.

Should the focus be more on urgently reviewing the roles of agents in transfers?

Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:54 pm

It's comman practice for a manager to he linked with an agent and to get the club to pay the fees so the players don't pay the tax. I suppose it being warnock son doesn't make things easy and Warnock is old school, probably used to the odd bonus.

I think the club will back him as long as they can but I don't see him being here next season.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:38 am

Dodgy dealings !! If this looks bad it's a shame these scum journalist didn't look into a certain SH dealings at the time or was that due to so many swooning over his every word.

Chip paper tomorrow chaps. :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:33 am

A nothing story IMO. Warnocks son is employed by a company who were very remotely involved in the contract extension of 2 players and the offload of another one. Would be surprised our Neil is held to account on this when they were already contracted Cardiff players. Desperate journalism and hopefully will equate to nothing.