57%
Cardiff City win
31%
Draw
12%

Total votes : 42

Re: MATCH THREAD: “ WOLVES v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH THREAD

Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:48 pm

Grangetown blue wrote:Bamba got a bad injury will probably be out rest of the season so now we will have Morrison till the end of the season it just gets bad to worse ffs

:laughing6: :?

gwentbluebirds wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:
BarryWelsh88 wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:Championship is looming. And as I've been saying all year doesn't bother me going down. Back to competitive football. And fans who are there for Cardiff not man u etc

And isn’t the aim of being in the championship getting to the prem? Weird viewpoint

Rather be competitive in championship than watch us chasing shadows in prem

Only issue with going back down is having the same players going back up and being on the same situation again

But surely we will rebuild and restrengthen with parachute payments and build a prem team

Even though a relegated team receives parachute payments, they lose money in other ways. In 'Sunderland Til I Die' the Sunderland board were saying how they would lose £60 million in TV revenue.

Grangetown blue wrote:Bamba got a bad injury will probably be out rest of the season so now we will have Morrison till the end of the season it just gets bad to worse ffs

It looked bad his knee, until today Bamba had played every minute in every game this season for Cardiff City.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:49 pm

Manga on

Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:49 pm

Half time Cardiff 80/1 to win. Chuck a fiver on it :occasion5: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

It looked bad his knee, until today Bamba had played every minute in every game this season for Cardiff City.

And with a thigh injury too for the past few weeks

Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:51 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:
BarryWelsh88 wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:Championship is looming. And as I've been saying all year doesn't bother me going down. Back to competitive football. And fans who are there for Cardiff not man u etc

And isn’t the aim of being in the championship getting to the prem? Weird viewpoint

So you are saying you would want to keep playing championship football over premier league football?

Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:51 pm

Should have been 80/1 at the start we are that sh*te

Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:52 pm

Bananas wrote:When do championship season tickets go on sale?

F**k me boys - its like Man City versus Accrington Stanley out there!!

I don't claim to know more about players and tactics than NW but what I do know is when a game is so one sided you should stop it now to prevent further loss of confidence amongst our players. The question is no longer if we will be relegated it is more about when. Forget this player or that player should be dropped; the real damage was done last summer when we failed to buy players of the right quality (we bought players who could do a job in the Championship which says something about our ambition even then).This team isn't good enough to hold its own in this league and whilst I understand that Tan's money has kept us in existence prior to this season, there has been a lot of money coming in this season and next (even when we are relegated) but unless we can get an owner willing to go that extra yard financially to get the players in to give us a chance to compete in this league then frankly Championship will be our competitive level.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Last edited by blemmy on Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shocking. Wolves breaking with pace. Us very laboured. But we've probably had as many chances and some decent play. Difference is their strikers can finish and their centre backs can defend.

BarryWelsh88 wrote:Should have been 80/1 at the start we are that sh*te

Go follow Swansea ffs

Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:53 pm

Season well and truly over.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:54 pm

Please Warnock just do the right thing like you promised.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:56 pm

I had 65/1 on 3-2 before a ball was kicked.

Time to get arter on and he and Gunnarsson can sit in front back 4, camarasa and Reid to offer a bit of width and niasse and zahore can hopefully get us on the scoresheet.

We have nothing to lose now, goal difference is shot might as well just go for it

snoopystorm wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:
BarryWelsh88 wrote:

Only issue with going back down is having the same players going back up and being on the same situation again

But surely we will rebuild and restrengthen with parachute payments and build a prem team

I’d like to hope so but honestly can’t see Prem quality players coming to the Championship, can you?

But we need to if we want a better crack at prem. We went up a season or 2 too early in reality. Get some of the weaker players out and replace with excellent championship players who could do prem. Also prem players who are decent but not 1st team regulars e.g. arter etc and rebuild

Morrison’s positioning for both goals is criminal, as is his positioning from the corner where Wolves hit the post. Yes others have also been poor but Morrison has been atrocious!

Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:59 pm

Dahboy wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:
BarryWelsh88 wrote:

So you are saying you would want to keep playing championship football over premier league football?

I like the championship. Don't get me wrong we've played well against arsenal home and away and few other games but mostly chasing shadows. Until our squad is 5 or 6 players stronger with a goalscorer yes championship

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:00 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:Where’s all the positive snowflakes who don’t like to criticise?

Here, and I like to criticise when fair. Some players making terrible individual errors.

I'm as upset as anyone but NW picked a team to have a go today which is great to see but leaves us so vulnerable with our lack of quality up front.

If we lose or get hammered it's par for the course. We need more time or serious investment to get to the level of the top half of the Premier League

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:01 pm

Saints beating the mancs wer,e fooked

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:02 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:
BarryWelsh88 wrote:

Like I said deluded... you think we are going to pay the wages required to do what you propose? No way we will try to keep current players happy when their pay reduces... if we are signing Bacuna in prem you think we are going to sign better in champ????

I’d like to hope so but honestly can’t see Prem quality players coming to the Championship, can you?

But we need to if we want a better crack at prem. We went up a season or 2 too early in reality. Get some of the weaker players out and replace with excellent championship players who could do prem. Also prem players who are decent but not 1st team regulars e.g. arter etc and rebuild

Saints beating the mancs wer,e fooked

https://streamja.com/ZjKj

First goal. Wtf does Bamba do?

https://streamja.com/94E3

Second goal. All followed the ball. Left the man.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:03 pm

BrightBlueFuture wrote:
BarryWelsh88 wrote:Where’s all the positive snowflakes who don’t like to criticise?

Here, and I like to criticise when fair. Some players making terrible individual errors.

I'm as upset as anyone but NW picked a team to have a go today which is great to see but leaves us so vulnerable with our lack of quality up front.

If we lose or get hammered it's par for the course. We need more time or serious investment to get to the level of the top half of the Premier League

It will not happen with tan in charge, he also has to go.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:03 pm

Proves the point of the refs are against us too when you see comments such as this on sky

45+4: Ryan Bennett has already been booked and he should have been sent off there for a lunge on Gunnarsson

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:04 pm

Shame because we look like we get a few goals ourselves this game, but we also look like we could concede a couple more too.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:05 pm

Mr Potato wrote:I had 65/1 on 3-2 before a ball was kicked.

Time to get arter on and he and Gunnarsson can sit in front back 4, camarasa and Reid to offer a bit of width and niasse and zahore can hopefully get us on the scoresheet.

We have nothing to lose now, goal difference is shot might as well just go for it

I should ring the bookies now Potato - they will probably offer you 200/1 about City scoring 2 goals in the second half after that first half performance and even if they did get 2 we would probably let another 3 in!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:05 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:
BarryWelsh88 wrote:

We couldn’t even sign top champ players in the prem. we aren’t going to go from signing Bacuna in prem to Maupay in champ
Last edited by BarryWelsh88 on Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:06 pm

Some of the posts on here are ridiculous city have played well going forward but again defence and individual mistake costing us again. Bamba looks out for rest season he was in lots of distress with knee! Must say wolves stretcher bearers were red hot in wanting him off pitch even before medics had finished with sol? :o

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:07 pm

We are where we are..... Other teams have sussed our defensive system. Any 9 that drops deeper hurts us as our man marking system dictates that the centre half follows him and a midfielder usually Gunnar drops into that position, same happen with the full backs. This is why Morrison and Bamba always look out of position.

We go down in a strong position as a club, i can't see Warnock stopping on, it needs to be a 2 season project. You can't survive the premier league if you can't hold onto the ball. I am not talking about possession based, by basic premier league skills are required. 2 Camarasa's and a ball playing DM & centre half and we'd have a decent go again/

Onwards and upwards (or downwards :( )

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:07 pm

snoopystorm wrote:Proves the point of the refs are against us too when you see comments such as this on sky

45+4: Ryan Bennett has already been booked and he should have been sent off there for a lunge on Gunnarsson

And the commentators on the stream I'm watching creaming over Wolves. When the player ran in to Morrison first half...

"That was a forearm smash. You see that in the 6 nations!"

FFS. Have a word.