11 games left we need 5 wins.

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby dazza » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:47 am

With the games running out we need another 15 points to stay up!

That would be 5 wins from our last 11 games, being realistic that's not going to happen, by 10pm on Wednesday we will be back in the bottom 3 and I don't see us getting back out of there.

The changes made last night made no sense to what so ever, Morrison is a liability at the back and has been for most of the season, we haven't won a game when Gunnar doesn't start and to drop Ried that just made my night. As soon as I saw the side I said big defeat.
dazza

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: 11 games left we need 5 wins.

Postby Carpe Diem » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:00 pm

I doubt we will need 5 wins to stay up, 4 should do it. Still unlikely but we’re still in an ok position
Carpe Diem

Postby troobloo3339 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:41 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:I doubt we will need 5 wins to stay up, 4 should do it. Still unlikely but we’re still in an ok position

I think 4 might do it but realistically its from 7 games
troobloo3339

Postby Retro Blue » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:14 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:I doubt we will need 5 wins to stay up, 4 should do it. Still unlikely but we’re still in an ok position

No it’s from 11 games. Giving too much respect to some teams . Yes we struggle with quality but the team should be getting stuck in and going for it. Palace won at Man City, Burnley drew and should have won at United. Burnley just beat spurs.

Let’s pray warnock sets the team up more positively and we go for it , would have we got to lose ?
Retro Blue

Postby EastleighBlue » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:14 pm

Reality hit home last night. We were shockingly bad. I'd expect a host of current championship teams to have done much better than that. Really can't see us winning anything like 5 matches. Our problem is that we don't draw matches, we just can't keep it tight and defend. We are hapless at defending. I think we'll win two maybe three more games and go down on 31 or 34 points. We will be comfortably beaten by Everton on Tuesday but strangely I think we may get something at Wolves. It will be between us and Southampton and when they get Ings back that will be the difference. I have a horrible feeling this weekend may also prove pivotal with all our rivals going on to win, I include Southampton at Arsenal too.
EastleighBlue

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:01 pm

According to Sky 36.6 points assures staying up,
If that's right we only need to win three and pick up a couple of draws.
We should win four at least though really . As they proved last night you never know what to expect , but that's often good not bad, ( Wolves Bournemouth).

My personal thought for the third relegation place is Brighton surprisingly. I've noticed them going downhill gradually and looking at the fixtures I think they've got problems. There are also a lot of games between our " relegation rivals" so that whoever wins in them is tactically good for us because one of them must drop points.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby KBK-13 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:20 pm

dazza wrote:With the games running out we need another 15 points to stay up!

That would be 5 wins from our last 11 games, being realistic that's not going to happen, by 10pm on Wednesday we will be back in the bottom 3 and I don't see us getting back out of there.

The changes made last night made no sense to what so ever, Morrison is a liability at the back and has been for most of the season, we haven't won a game when Gunnar doesn't start and to drop Ried that just made my night. As soon as I saw the side I said big defeat.

Southampton have Arsenal away tomorrow and then Fulham home which is huge
KBK-13

Postby bluesince62 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:40 pm

KBK-13 wrote:
dazza wrote:With the games running out we need another 15 points to stay up!

Southampton have Arsenal away tomorrow and then Fulham home which is huge

Every game is huge for all at the bottom end of the table,hope neil realises we have to go for it now,or give up :!: stop tinkering with the team,huge mistakes in last night's line up,we are also missing camarasa,more than we realised.Morrison should be back up for rest of the season,cannot possibly be match fir :? :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby troobloo3339 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:46 pm

Retro Blue wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

No it’s from 11 games. Giving too much respect to some teams . Yes we struggle with quality but the team should be getting stuck in and going for it. Palace won at Man City, Burnley drew and should have won at United. Burnley just beat spurs.

Let’s pray warnock sets the team up more positively and we go for it , would have we got to lose ?

So you think we can win against liverpool man u man c or chelsea hmmm i did say realistically
troobloo3339

Postby Plymuff Bloobird » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:47 pm

We need to win as many as Southampton,that will probably be enough depending on any draws they get.
Plymuff Bloobird

Postby phildavies » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:41 am

We do not need 5 wins at all. 3 Wins and we would be fine. Like I said at the start of the season people over estimate how many points are needed 35 will most likely be fine. 36 and we will definetly be safe. Lots of crap teams in this league.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby dazza » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:53 am

Plymuff Bloobird wrote:We need to win as many as Southampton,that will probably be enough depending on any draws they get.

I can see Southampton getting a point today and 3 on Wednesday, while I fear will will lose again on Tuesday.
dazza

Postby troobloo3339 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:48 pm

dazza wrote:
Plymuff Bloobird wrote:We need to win as many as Southampton,that will probably be enough depending on any draws they get.

I can see Southampton getting a point today and 3 on Wednesday, while I fear will will lose again on Tuesday.

Hope you get the other 2 predictions wrong aswell :bluescarf:
troobloo3339

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:29 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:According to Sky 36.6 points assures staying up,
We should win four at least though really . As they proved last night you never know what to expect , but that's often good not bad, ( Wolves Bournemouth).

My personal thought for the third relegation place is Brighton surprisingly. I've noticed them going downhill gradually and looking at the fixtures I think they've got problems. There are also a lot of games between our " relegation rivals" so that whoever wins in them is tactically good for us because one of them must drop points.

Just to prove I'm right sometimes !
Ive been getting a lot of stick for my tenth place thing recently.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby dogfound » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:17 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:According to Sky 36.6 points assures staying up,

Just to prove I'm right sometimes !
Ive been getting a lot of stick for my tenth place thing recently.

I think the idea is. predict something and stick to it.?
not cover every possible outcome from finishing 10th to last weeks you think its all over post and then claim your mystic meg because one of umpteen totally different predictions is correct..
dogfound

Return to General Chat