ISIS women Shamima Begum 'has British citizenship revoked'

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:33 pm

NEARLY HALF A MILLION SIGN PETITION TO STOP ISIS MEMBERS/ASSOCIATES RETURNING TO UK
Link
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/231521 :thumbright:

Please Sign
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/231521 :thumbright:

Daily Mirror

Tuesday 19th February 2019

ISIS bride Shamima Begum has had her British citizenship revoked, according to reports.

The 19-year-old's family was told the news in a letter from the Home Office seen by ITV news.

It reportedly reads: "Please find enclosed papers that relate to a decision taken by the Home Secretary, to deprive your daughter, Shamima Begum, of her British citizenship.

"In light of the circumstances of your daughter, the notice of the Home Secretary's decision has been served of file today (19th February), and the order removing her British citizenship has subsequently been made."

The letter reportedly said the family had the right to appeal.

It advised her family to make Ms Begum aware of the situation, according to the report.

Ms Begum's family have said they are "disappointed" that the Home Office have written to them to say they intend to deprive her of her British citizenship, their lawyer Tasnime Akunjee said.

In a statement posted on Twitter, he said: "Family are very disappointed with the Home Office's intention to have an order made depriving Shamima of her citizenship.

"We are considering all legal avenues to challenge this decision."

A legal source said that the move will make it very difficult for her to return to the UK, unless the decision is overturned at appeal.

He said: "As her parents are of Bangladeshi origin, she may have dual nationality, in which case she will become a Bangladeshi citizen.

"If she doesn't have any other nationality then she will have become stateless.

"If she was in the UK she could appeal for the right to remain, but as she is not she will not be allowed to return unless the Secretary of State intervenes."

The ISIS bride had said she would be 'prepared to go to prison' should she be allowed to return to the UK, according to reports.

BBC reporter Quentin Sommerville previously tweeted: "IS supporter Shamima Begum admits to BBC News she was a poster girl for IS recruitment, apologises to Britain for joining IS and says she is ready to face prison if she’s allowed to return."

Ms Begum added in the earlier BBC interview: "I actually do support some British values and I am willing to go back to the UK and settle back again and rehabilitate and that stuff."

Ms Begum was yesterday warned "there must be consequences" in a furious statement by the Home Secretary.

Sajid Javid warned he would strip returning jihadis and their backers who "hate our country" of their UK citizenship wherever he can.

If he can't, jihadi brides and fighters can expect to be "questioned, investigated and potentially prosecuted", the top Tory declared.

But Tory MPs piled on the Home Secretary to demand stronger action - including that he "restore the law of treason" to cover Ms Begum.

Speaking in the House of Commons yesterday, Mr Javid warned 100 Brits with dual nationality have already been stripped of their UK citizenship to prevent their return.

But he said he could only take this move if jihadis have dual citizenship - not if they have UK citizenship alone.

There had been speculation that Ms Begum could be permanently excluded from the UK because her parents are from Bangladesh.

Ms Begum had pleaded to return to Britain after giving birth to a baby boy - her third child since she fled London for Syria in 2015 at the age of 15.

The Home Secretary had warned he 'would not hesitate' to prevent the return of Britons who travelled to join Islamic State as debate flared over what should happen to the runaway schoolgirl.

Mr Javid said those who left the UK to join IS were "full of hate for our country".

Security Minister, Ben Wallace, previously warned that runaways who now want to come back must realise that "actions have consequences".

It was initially believed that as a British citizen Ms Begum would have to be allowed back in the country.

However, the legal test to exclude the wife of an ISIS fighter from Britain is if she is eligible to claim citizenship elsewhere, The Sun reports.

Ms Begum's parents are from Bangladesh so it is understood permanent exclusion is one of three options available for officials.

The other two options were for the teen to be prosecuted in her absence for being in a designated terror area or to let her come back but be heavily monitored.

We'll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story.
Attachments
image-3.jpg
image-3.jpg (549.82 KiB) Viewed 5613 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ISIS women Shamima Begum 'has British citizenship revoke

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:37 pm

Isil bride Shamima Begum has British citizenship revoked by Home Office

Daily Telegraph

Jihadi bride, Shamima Begum,has had her British citizenship revoked by the Home Office.

The 19-year-old, who had expressed the desire to return to the UK with her newborn son, will now be banned from entering the country.

It is understood the teenager, who grew up in Bethnal Green east London, has dual Bangladeshi nationality, meaning the move will not render her stateless.

In a letter sent to her family in east London, officials said the Home Secretary, Sajid Javid, had made the decision in "light of the circumstances".

The letter read: "Please find enclosed papers that relate to a decision taken by the Home Secretary, to deprive your daughter, Shamima Begum, of her British citizenship.
Attachments
9794264-6702719-image-a-34_1550106346471.jpg
9794264-6702719-image-a-34_1550106346471.jpg (21.38 KiB) Viewed 5566 times
097AC1C2-2367-47B8-9E3C-CE2EBBEFFD06.jpeg
097AC1C2-2367-47B8-9E3C-CE2EBBEFFD06.jpeg (483.45 KiB) Viewed 5567 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby RageJon » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:38 pm

Isis pleased With that outcome :thumbup:
Always Know If The Juice Is Worth The Squeeze !

Utrinque Paratus
RageJon

Postby BluebirdWhitchurch » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:41 pm

Born in the UK, only a bad decision going forward. What’s to stop any of us having our citizenships revoked?
BluebirdWhitchurch

Postby Steve Zodiak » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:44 pm

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:Born in the UK, only a bad decision going forward. What’s to stop any of us having our citizenships revoked?

I don't suppose many of us will be travelling overseas to join a terrorist organisation. If I ever do, I can expect not be allowed back.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:46 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:Born in the UK, only a bad decision going forward. What’s to stop any of us having our citizenships revoked?

I don't suppose many of us will be travelling overseas to join a terrorist organisation. If I ever do, I can expect not be allowed back.

SPOT ON :thumbright: :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby BluebirdWhitchurch » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:49 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

Ok, so hypothetically an anti-Welsh party takes control of the UK. Precedent is set that anyone they consider ‘terrorists’ can have their citizenship revoked. You’re left stateless.
BluebirdWhitchurch

Postby cwmbachbluebird » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:50 pm

About time we had some balls. Good to hear.
Eddie Mays Barmy Army
R.I.P Speedo...Wales forever.
cwmbachbluebird

Postby grange_end1927 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:52 pm

music to my ears, proud of the uk citizens standing and being counted, strong together :ayatollah:
grange_end1927

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:53 pm

Reading it whilst shes been stripped of citizenship unless another country like Bangladesh where her parents from she will be allowed in but obviously loses lots of rights and suspect be prosecuted! Time will tell though as appeals ect ect to come :old:
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:57 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Reading it whilst shes been stripped of citizenship unless another country like Bangladesh where her parents from grant her citizenship she will be allowed in but obviously loses lots of rights and suspect be prosecuted! Time will tell though as appeals ect ect to come :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:59 pm

Islamic State schoolgirl Shamima Begum has had her British citizenship revoked, her family has been told in a letter from the Home Office.

ITV

The letter, obtained by ITV News, was received by Ms Begum's mother on Tuesday.

"Please find enclosed papers that relate to a decision taken by the Home Secretary, to deprive your daughter, Shamima Begum, of her British citizenship," the letter read.

"In light of the circumstances of your daughter, the notice of the Home Secretary's decision has been served of file today (19th February), and the order removing her British citizenship has subsequently been made."

The letter went on to urge Ms Begum's family to make her aware of the decision, and added that she had a right to appeal.
Attachments
image-3.jpg
image-3.jpg (549.82 KiB) Viewed 5271 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Steve Zodiak » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:04 pm

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Ok, so hypothetically an anti-Welsh party takes control of the UK. Precedent is set that anyone they consider ‘terrorists’ can have their citizenship revoked. You’re left stateless.

I'm glad you said hypothetically, otherwise I would have said that this was about the most ridiculous comment I have ever seen on this forum.
Steve Zodiak

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:12 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

I'm glad you said hypothetically, otherwise I would have said that this was about the most ridiculous comment I have ever seen on this forum.

Had this discussion other night any country can revoke citizenship but unless another country grants citizenship that person must be allowed back to original country! Cannot unilaterally make someone stateless its against international law, its there to stop scenario he as made.
pembroke allan

Postby snoopystorm » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:13 pm

There is a UKIP video on UKIP Wales Facebook page stating that it’s getting sanctuary in Wales :oops:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2184579901634884&id=286069461485947&__tn__=%2As%2As-R
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
snoopystorm

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:17 pm

snoopystorm wrote:There is a UKIP video on UKIP Wales Facebook page stating that it’s getting sanctuary in Wales :oops:

Loony left at work it will be up to gvmnt where she goes in uk as undoubtedly she be put under special measures if returns. But hear place on steepholm for her. :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby jonesybluebird » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:27 pm

Petition signed.
jonesybluebird

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:50 pm

Interesting question? She was a British citizen when baby was born but at this moment she is not uk citizen is baby British?
pembroke allan

Postby BluebirdWhitchurch » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:56 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Interesting question? She was a British citizen when baby was born but at this moment she is not uk citizen is baby British?

Baby was born whilst she was a UK citizen so I assume the baby still is until they separately revoke citizenship?
BluebirdWhitchurch

Postby maccydee » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:17 pm

Don’t go and join ISIS you will be fine.
maccydee

Postby wez1927 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:18 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Interesting question? She was a British citizen when baby was born but at this moment she is not uk citizen is baby British?

Baby was born whilst she was a UK citizen so I assume the baby still is until they separately revoke citizenship?

Baby born in Syria so is Syrian let Assad deal with them
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby wez1927 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:18 pm

maccydee wrote:

Don’t go and join ISIS you will be fine.

:lol:
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Gaynor Straight » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:42 pm

International law
Gaynor Straight

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:47 pm

Yes apparently it is british because she was still a citizen of UK :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Melsuttonholyboots » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:58 pm

Britain is waking up.
Melsuttonholyboots

Postby nubbsy » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:05 pm

The tiny little fact that WE'RE NOT TERRORISTS.

Have a word with yourself mate. You think this treasonous rat should keep her citizenship???
nubbsy

Postby nubbsy » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:10 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

I think it's better off staying and rotting with its mother.
nubbsy

Postby mumbles mad » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:16 pm

She should have thought of the possible consequences before she travelled to Syria on a false passport to become an Isis bedspring....
mumbles mad

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:31 pm

nubbsy wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I think it's better off staying and rotting with its mother.

Apparently because her parents are Bangladeshi she automatically is Bangladeshi under their laws despite being born here thats how thet are taking citizenship from her but that story not over i asume she will appeal :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:45 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

There are no anti Welsh parties. Why the f**k would there be an anti Welsh party ?
I've lived all over the UK and abroad for 40 or 50 years and I've barely met an anti Welsh person, so I can't imagine anyone forming a party .
The only possibility I can think of is if they hear Bananas talking about them the way he does, but other than that I don't think we need worry about any anti Welsh fanatics coming to power.
SirJimmySchoular

Next

Return to General Chat