Advice needed

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Advice needed

Postby stentona » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:45 pm

Has anyone ever tried to contact a player via the club?

I would like to contact Neil Etheridge to ask if he would be an ambassador for a small charity that I have made contact with in the Philippines. They organise training and seminars for parents/carers whose children suffer with Cerebral Palsy. Having Neil to 'champion' their cause would be amazing ... raising the profile and awareness of needs, etc. (They are NOT looking for money & it's definitely not a scam).

Any thoughts?
Cheers

:occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5:
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
stentona

Advice needed

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Advice needed

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:58 pm

No through the club I wouldn't know but what about via Twitter or Instagram.
2blue2handle

Postby Sven » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:58 pm

Write to this address...

Cardiff City FC
Cardiff City Stadium
Leckwith Rd
Cardiff
CF11 8AZ

or e-mail...

amy.mcniven@cardiffcityfc.co.uk

club@cardifcityfc.co.uk
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:34 pm

stentona wrote:Has anyone ever tried to contact a player via the club?

I would like to contact Neil Etheridge to ask if he would be an ambassador for a small charity that I have made contact with in the Philippines. They organise training and seminars for parents/carers whose children suffer with Cerebral Palsy. Having Neil to 'champion' their cause would be amazing ... raising the profile and awareness of needs, etc. (They are NOT looking for money & it's definitely not a scam).

Any thoughts?
Cheers

Well you simply write him a letter on headed paper via the Club marked " private and personal " and have it signed for upon delivery, which will mean they'll have to give it to him.
I've been down this path before though with other premiership clubs in relation to another charity and you'll probably find that players are contractually tied to certain charities via the club and league. What success I've had has come from personal contacts and it may be that if you want to just use his name rather than use him to fund raise , it might be an exception.

Be aware of course that even if they entertain it they'll check you and the charity over very closely .i think you'll find that people are cautious of being linked with anything which might potentially embarrass them in the future.
If you still think it's worth a try , I suggest that you set out your bone fides and references quite fully, together with Charity Regustration Certificates.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby stentona » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:00 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
stentona wrote:Has anyone ever tried to contact a player via the club?

Any thoughts?
Cheers

Well you simply write him a letter on headed paper via the Club marked " private and personal " and have it signed for upon delivery, which will mean they'll have to give it to him.
I've been down this path before though with other premiership clubs in relation to another charity and you'll probably find that players are contractually tied to certain charities via the club and league. What success I've had has come from personal contacts and it may be that if you want to just use his name rather than use him to fund raise , it might be an exception.

Be aware of course that even if they entertain it they'll check you and the charity over very closely .i think you'll find that people are cautious of being linked with anything which might potentially embarrass them in the future.
If you still think it's worth a try , I suggest that you set out your bone fides and references quite fully, together with Charity Regustration Certificates.

Thanks for the advice ... much appreciated. I'll try and get the relevant information from my contact in the Philippines.
stentona

Postby rumpo kid » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:11 pm

Dai Hunt regularly talks to the players...”Neil..Neil..Neil, Neil..NEEEIILLLL”

But it may put him off.
rumpo kid

Postby stentona » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:38 am

rumpo kid wrote:Dai Hunt regularly talks to the players...”Neil..Neil..Neil, Neil..NEEEIILLLL”

But it may put him off.

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:
stentona

Return to General Chat