Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Agent Willie McKay’s letter to Emiliano Sala

Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:46 am

Willie McKay’s Intro letter to Emilano Sala in ‘The Times’

The Times

Here is the full 'letter':

This is the message Willie McKay sent to Emiliano Sala. For clarity some punctuation has been added and some words capped up or down.

My name is Willie McKay, first of all I tried to reach Meissa by call and sms in the last few days without success. We are not interested in looking after your personal interests, finance, holidays, baby sitting is not our market.

We do transfers! to this date over 600 from Didier Drogba, Anelka, Payet, Seri, Anguissa, a lot, let us tell you how we operate and how the Cardiff City situation came around because you must be wondering how it came about and we will explain. We work for clubs in France including PSG, Marseille, Lyon, Nice, Lille, Toulouse, le Harve, Nantes and others for players to be transferred to England.

On your case we have spoken to every club including Manchester,Chelsea, Liverpool. We think eventually you could play in these clubs.

We approached Nantes as we do for many players at other clubs to get the authority to sell we don’t try and cross the players agent, some are very happy to work with us some get very jealous and protective.
With all the shit they say like (he is like a brother to me) (he is like my son) in reality, if you were not a footballer these people don’t care about you the only care about money is the truth.
Because that’s all we care about, that’s why we like to work for clubs, no emotion, simple buisness, that’s it! On your case we begged Nantes for the mandate (I think they were curious of what your value was because you scored last year and this year without any offers for you) because you are a very good player and we only target very good players but as you said in one of your interviews some clubs like you and others don’t.

We have had West Ham, Everton, Leicester, Burnley, Fulham, and Cardiff watching you at Nantes and away matches, we take our plane get clubs in it. People who can decide, not the local scouts.
For different reasons, age, style of play, playing in League 2 and other issues, we only have an offer from Cardiff City newly promoted with a manager who fell in love with you first of all from your footage online and then he has watched you twice once in Rennes and against Marseille in Nantes with his assistants nearly 5 weeks ago. Neil Warnock will have all his players with one objective get the ball to you. He sees you as a typical English centre forward, like Drogba, Alan Shearer he told me you will score easier in his team than in Nantes, because all your teammates in Cardiff will play to your strengths.

He would like to meet you either they will fly you over in their jet to look around or they will come to meet you in Nantes you can bring who ever you want just to give you an idea, they will pay you around £50,0000 per week gross plus bonuses on a 4-5 year contract and whoever you bring with you, be it Meissa (who has done nothing) or your mother who can also represent you by law in England she could receive around £1 million in sterling for herself.

Here is a club who really wants you and believe in you as we do and if a big club comes in for you while in Cardiff they will not stand in your way. Cardiff is a great place to live my sons live there the support are very loud never stop singing.
In my experience I think if you don’t try the Premier league in England where the game suits you, you will regret it.

Cardiff have been told you don’t want to go there, that’s probably our fault it was us who put in the media about other clubs wanting you West Ham, Everton, etc to create an interest on you that’s what we do.

And it can be misleading for the player himself, but unless we do this most people would not know you because nobody follows the French League.

I hope this explains everything to you if you need any other help or questions you want to ask please do.
Cardiff can have a jet for you tonight or tomorrow to pick you and any other people you want to bring with you.
You don’t need to sign but at least hear what they have to say.
Willie'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Agent Willie McKay’s letter to Emiliano Sala

Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:01 pm

Clearly there's a role for agents to represent players in todays football but these third party agents are just parasites in my opinion. The sooner football outlaws them the better. Much worse for football than third party ownership I think.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:01 pm

His plane. The plot thickens

Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:04 pm

It might just be me, but does that whole thing sounds like a wind-up letter written by a kid to one of his school mates, trying to get them to belive a pro-club wants to sign them.
Can't believe that is the basis of a multi million pound deal or why he is so keen to share it... The guy is not comming across well at all.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:09 pm

langstoneBlue wrote:It might just be me, but does that whole thing sounds like a wind-up letter written by a kid to one of his school mates, trying to get them to belive a pro-club wants to sign them.
Can't believe that is the basis of a multi million pound deal or why he is so keen to share it... The guy is not comming across well at all.

He's an Agent, he doesn't care about coming across well he cares about money.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:26 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
langstoneBlue wrote:It might just be me, but does that whole thing sounds like a wind-up letter written by a kid to one of his school mates, trying to get them to belive a pro-club wants to sign them.

He's an Agent, he doesn't care about coming across well he cares about money.

Have to be fair and say I thought the same as langstoneBlue and the 'letter' is poorly written for a so-called 'professional' service

Assuming it is true, the 'letter' is pretty damning and will stir quite a few pots amongst other Agents and amongst clubs who might now actually do something about this continual rip-off cycle

Although we all thought it was going on, we wouldn't have known about these shenanigans had the tragedy of Emiliano Sala not occurred and I hope and pray his premature death isn't in vain

I won't hold my breath though; the cash-rich clubs have taken us to this point and will have no compunction for the consequences, so long as they 'get their man' at (it seems) any cost :cry:

Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:49 pm

Christ Almighty was is written in crayon !!! Hmmmmmm how does Donald put it ?

Oh I know... FAKE NEWS.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:55 pm

JulesK wrote:Christ Almighty was is written in crayon !!! Hmmmmmm how does Donald put it ?

Oh I know... FAKE NEWS.

Jules,

The letter is genuine, it was originally written in French and translated.

To be fair The Times are a fair paper and very rarely get accused of false news :thumbright:

Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
JulesK wrote:Christ Almighty was is written in crayon !!! Hmmmmmm how does Donald put it ?

Oh I know... FAKE NEWS.

Jules,

The letter is genuine, it was originally written in French and translated.

To be fair The Times are a fair paper and very rarely get accused of false news :thumbright:

It's not looking good for McKay. I hope Vincent Tan sorts him out :lol:

Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:37 pm

Christ !!! my letters arnt the best but that is taking this piss ..

Just gave me a reason to watch Jerry McGuire tonight

Show me the moneyyyyyyyy

Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:42 pm

This is all just nonsense, why do we even need these 3rd party parasites to get involved??

A club should have contacts over Europe and a decent scouting network

They identify a target, decide what he is worth and how much they are prepared to pay him

They contact the club make the offer if it’s accepted they negotiate with player/agent to get the deal done

The deal is either done or not..if not move on to next target

Why oh why are these 3rd party parasites even involved?? They are simply not needed and a blight on football get rid of them or refuse to use them!!