A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Time for Cardiff to care about money was BEFORE Emiliano

Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:37 am

dogfound wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Also.they are missing the words subject to international clearance from there quotes too

read it again..
I read the FAW confirmed it weeks ago but its also in this article.

but come on it doesn't take almost a month to make a confirmation phone call.

International clearance has not been comfirmed by anyone he might of been registured with the faw but not with the fa Premier league so the transfer was not complete

read it again

but. being registered for a competition has zero to do with who holds his registration. other players have not been registered with the PL by clubs who own their registration .

Being registered for the the premier league is a condition of his registration, you don't honestly think that he would be our registered player before being confirmed that he could have played in the premier league?

of course inquiries had been made regarding eligibility with the PL.{ although reading some of the things that have gone on , who knows ?
but you can not actually register a player in a competition who is not your player. you can not put the cart before the horse.
hypothetically we could sign a player who we intend to immediately loan out.
anyway its been confirmed he was registered so redundent.

Where has it been comfirmed he was registered? Where has it been comfirmed we had international clearance? To have international clearance he would of had to be registered with the FA Premier league not the faw as the fa now govern the Welsh side playing in the English pyramid since 2011

Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:39 am

pembroke allan wrote:Yes lets forget the £30m this transfer will cost us and pay up! lets leave poor nante and the agents alone We musn't tarnish their reputation must we? :old:

yes lets be dignified. or come up with something a bit more solid than this scatter gun approach.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:43 am

Annis, glad you posted that as although it's not even worthy of chip paper you have to post both sides to be fair :thumbup:

Can I add that the people jumping on the club's back here need to be careful as NONE of us know what's been said behind boardroom doors and would anyone actually give £15m away without being in possession of the facts!!! The club has NEVER said it will not pay in fact the club has size it WILL pay.

If Nantes ( or owner as it seems ) wanted the money before the body (bodies) are recovered and put it straight to press that should tell you something about the people the club are dealing with.

To end, However good we looked during the recovery and subsequent funeral etc there was always going to be knives out for us.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:49 am

wez1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Also.they are missing the words subject to international clearance from there quotes too

read it again..

International clearance has not been comfirmed by anyone he might of been registured with the faw but not with the fa Premier league so the transfer was not complete

read it again

but. being registered for a competition has zero to do with who holds his registration. other players have not been registered with the PL by clubs who own their registration .

Being registered for the the premier league is a condition of his registration, you don't honestly think that he would be our registered player before being confirmed that he could have played in the premier league?

of course inquiries had been made regarding eligibility with the PL.{ although reading some of the things that have gone on , who knows ?
but you can not actually register a player in a competition who is not your player. you can not put the cart before the horse.

Where has it been comfirmed he was registered? Where has it been comfirmed we had international clearance? To have international clearance he would of had to be registered with the FA Premier league not the faw as the fa now govern the Welsh side playing in the English pyramid since 2011

nope, its the FAW that would have the international clearance..
and its 1 phone call, are you suggesting we don't have a phone or the number its been almost a month Wez.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:52 am

dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

read it again..

read it again

But he would of had to be registered with the Premier league at the time of death for this,dalman said he wasnt registered,No one has comfirmed he had international clearance and the transfer was fully completed

Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:55 am

JulesK wrote:Annis, glad you posted that as although it's not even worthy of chip paper you have to post both sides to be fair :thumbup:

Can I add that the people jumping on the club's back here need to be careful as NONE of us know what's been said behind boardroom doors and would anyone actually give £15m away without being in possession of the facts!!! The club has NEVER said it will not pay in fact the club has size it WILL pay.

If Nantes ( or owner as it seems ) wanted the money before the body (bodies) are recovered and put it straight to press that should tell you something about the people the club are dealing with.

To end, However good we looked during the recovery and subsequent funeral etc there was always going to be knives out for us.

This is the best post so far and exactly how I feel too. I'm sure there's a lot more to this than we know. It appears only our Boardroom have the class to keep the details behind closed doors.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:57 am

wez1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

read it again..

read it again

But he would of had to be registered with the Premier league at the time of death for this,dalman said he wasnt registered,No one has comfirmed he had international clearance and the transfer was fully completed

no mate, you can not register players for competitions unless you own their registration or have a loan agreement with the club that owns that players registration.. keep saying it...

many clubs have bought and registered players who then get loaned out immediately and then the loaning club register that player with what ever competitions they intend playing them in..

Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:00 am

This guy is a columnist as opposed to a journalist, and it's not an article as such but a one sided hit piece.

It's meant to be contraversial and makes no attempt at putting both sides or be informative.

It's therefore a worthless document with no purpose other than to invoke a reaction, and if you feel inclined to help the fat slug get a pay rise then react to it. If not , do your best to ignore it.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:13 am

If we owe it then we owe it and should pay it. However if he wasn't officially our player and Nantes are not due the money then why would we pay it. At the end of the day the club must investigate it throughly and find out who is due what. We can't just pay it to be nice so the media don't say mean things about us :lol: this is business not a play ground and no doubt the club know more about the situations than what we are all guessing.

Id bet it it was your money you may feel different.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:26 am

2blue2handle wrote:If we owe it then we owe it and should pay it. However if he wasn't officially our player and Nantes are not due the money then why would we pay it. At the end of the day the club must investigate it throughly and find out who is due what. We can't just pay it to be nice so the media don't say mean things about us :lol: this is business not a play ground and no doubt the club know more about the situations than what we are all guessing.

Sums up situation perfectly :thumbup: :notworthy:

Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:34 am

2blue2handle wrote:If we owe it then we owe it and should pay it. However if he wasn't officially our player and Nantes are not due the money then why would we pay it. At the end of the day the club must investigate it throughly and find out who is due what. We can't just pay it to be nice so the media don't say mean things about us :lol: this is business not a play ground and no doubt the club know more about the situations than what we are all guessing.

Totally agree why should we be possibly 30 million pound down

Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:15 pm

Melsuttonholyboots wrote:What a suprise Martin Samuel . Circumstances have been dictated by the call by nantes calling quick enough to call there money before Emi is even beried. Obviously a investigation will take place. We are not talking a couple of grand here.You naturally look for loopholes in the deal. Sounds like some dodgy dealings, and if it all exposes this then surely it is good for football. Martin Samuel should be exposing that and not dragging Cardiff City through the mud.

Any excuse, he should pop down the barbers and to the gym, instead of sitting in McDonalds writing shit!

Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:23 pm

Jules wrote:see the Daily Filth has started and how you can agree with that nasty poisonous trash welshbarry88 is f*cking beyond me.

I don't think he's a Cardiff fan, Swansea probably, a toned down version of Roathy or Daya?

Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
moonboots wrote:We need to pay up...take the hit and move on in a dignified fashion before this tarnishes us as a club for a very long time indeed. If Sala was alive now we wouldn't be questioning any of the "dodgy" dealing with the agents. The fact that we had his both sons on our books looks dodgy to me. We'll employ your sons if you you pass some good players our way....that's what it looks like to outsiders. Parading Sala as our player then trying to claim the paperwork hasn't been processed....really!!
I want us to be remembered for the classy way we dealt with this tragedy, not for trying to blame others for our own failings. I feel very uncomfortable with the way we are handling things now. It could turn out very nasty for us.

Your post is exactly how I feel about the whole situation and for months ahead now City will look bad to the world.
Only two weeks ago I met Ken Choo and he said it would turn sour/bad and we would not be liked.

Be honest Annis, if it was your money buying a business and it burnt down before you ever had the keys, and there may have been problems with completion and legal ownership, and there may be an issue with the estate agent driving the price up and then the person certifying the fire safety may not have had the correct qualifications would you hand over the money?

I think you would seek legal advice and check it out first, that's what I would do!!!

It's not nice but this is business, once the investigations have been completed, we may be in a position to pay, or seek further legal action, this is the way of the World, we can't just say we may look bad so here's £15 million anyway.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:47 pm

castleblue wrote:Now Martin Samuel we know is a West Ham fan and I can't remember him being so vocal about how West Ham managed the signings of Tevez and Mascherano, no absolutely not, he went to press blaming only one person the agent kia joorabchian.

He fell out with a number of people around that time as many thought West Ham should have been relegated ahead of Sheffield Utd who were managed by Neil Warnock.

History repeating itself with that biased bollocks if you ask me.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Well recalled, Gary! :clap:

There are a couple of decent points in Martin Samuel's article but none of them linked to the actual Emiliano Sala transfer; for the simple reasons that Cardiff City FC (sadly) did not get their man, did they? :cry:

He (Samuel) can hardly claim McKay was not responsible for the flight (or flights) either; Cardiff, as in all cases, trusted their intermediary to 'do his job'

The club knew this media attack was coming early last week and so it has proven. From this point on, it's going to have to be managed very carefully and one or two at the club will be close to exhaustion in their efforts to get it sorted

Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:47 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Jules wrote:see the Daily Filth has started and how you can agree with that nasty poisonous trash welshbarry88 is f*cking beyond me.

I don't think he's a Cardiff fan, Swansea probably, a toned down version of Roathy or Daya?

Perhaps it that dipshite Le Monde :roll:

Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:57 pm

Wow this article is shocking!! Just shows what we're up agaisnt with the English media!!! I could pick holes in all of it but one that did make me chuckle was the Bamba part!!

Warnock wasn't even CCFC manager when Bamba left Leeds.

Yes he did wait for Warnock to join a new club but surely thats flowing a manger. I believe his decision has been proven right as he now playing prem football!!

I do hate the English Rags... can't wait to get stuck into us at every opportunity!!

Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:58 pm

Nickoblue23 wrote:Wow this article is shocking!! Just shows what we're up agaisnt with the English media!!! I could pick holes in all of it but one that did make me chuckle was the Bamba part!!

Warnock wasn't even CCFC manager when Bamba left Leeds.

Yes he did wait for Warnock to join a new club but surely thats flowing a manger. I believe his decision has been proven right as he now playing prem football!!

I do hate the English Rags... can't wait to get stuck into us at every opportunity!!

No facts just an article of waffle

Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:06 pm

Well said Pembroke allen. Sometimes it takes a tradgedy to bring such corruption to the fore. If indeed anything is upheld. But you can't blame OUR club for lifting the drains, again we are not talking a small amount here. And by the way it's the supporters of clubs who are being conned along the line. Other clubs should in my opinion be pleased dealings are to be looked into. Agents make a lot of easy money and should look after clients properly, not let them get into planes that are falling to pieces and take numerous occasions to even start.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:09 pm

Luke, you're correct and I've said this before :thumbright:

If you bought a car from one of those online sites (i.e. not local) and the third party delivery agent lost or damaged the vehicle en route, would you pay for it? :?

I know I wouldn't and that's from personal experience, where the Law was completely on my side after the delivery agent was deemed to be acting for the seller and not the buyer; something that should be clear just by checking who paid the Agent's fees ;)

Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:30 pm

Media love doing this. Praise to the hilt one week then drop into the mud the next. It's all to create maximum emotional impact.

A professional investigation is currently ongoing but don't expect any professional journalism to follow it.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:02 pm

I really hope the club pays up and we can move on

If there is one thing positive to come out of this horrendous month it has been the togetherness amongst fans and players have reached an unprecedented level that could help the club put together a run of form and retain their status in the premier league. It’s my belief that it the club refuses to pay then we could see a knock on negative effect in team morale.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:21 pm

If Warnock goes in search of a Striker from Marseille and sees a Nantes Striker who catches his eye and, he believes that he is his type of player. Then, he is fully within his right to go after that Striker which we were so desperate for before Christmas.

If he wanted him as part of his team then in my opinion what happened after, surrounding the negotiations etc is not a football matter and any blame culpability etc should be outside of Warnock who needed to put out a striker to enable a fight against relegation.

No questions asked

Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:41 pm

Retro Blue wrote:I really hope the club pays up and we can move on

If there is one thing positive to come out of this horrendous month it has been the togetherness amongst fans and players have reached an unprecedented level that could help the club put together a run of form and retain their status in the premier league. It’s my belief that it the club refuses to pay then we could see a knock on negative effect in team morale.

I don't think a possible financial dispute between two clubs will have any affect on the players at all. In fact, I don't think anyone other than the directors etc of the clubs will be too bothered one way or the other. All makes interesting reading, and is something to read about between games, but other than a few fans on here, I doubt if many people care who pays.

I suppose it helps Cardiff invest a bit more during the Summer if they are not legally liable for the full amount, but at the end of the day, it's not my money and I won't lose any sleep over it. Arguments over finances are nothing new, it will get sorted and eventually there will be winners and losers. I should think this stuff will be the last thing on a player's mind as he runs onto the pitch to play a game of football. Club finances are nothing to do with the players, as long as they are paid I am sure they won't be giving this too much of their attention.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:20 pm

Sven wrote:

Luke, you're correct and I've said this before :thumbright:

If you bought a car from one of those online sites (i.e. not local) and the third party delivery agent lost or damaged the vehicle en route, would you pay for it? :?

I know I wouldn't and that's from personal experience, where the Law was completely on my side after the delivery agent was deemed to be acting for the seller and not the buyer; something that should be clear just by checking who paid the Agent's fees ;)

so Sala did not arrive, stay the night, pass a medical ?.

and ..youve bought something, took delivery of it , had it checked it over thoroughly by an expert then sent it elsewhere , where it got damaged and you think you didnt have to pay..?? and have personal experience of it. :lol:
no you had something called insurance. or more likely it was broke on delivery which is not anything remotely the same.
as 2 blue said { its not a playground } where when something goes wrong you look for someone else to blame ,its a multi million pound business and you make sure you have all bases covered.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:14 pm

dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
dogfound wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

read it again..

read it again

and its 1 phone call, are you suggesting we don't have a phone or the number its been almost a month Wez.

Sorry Wez is right here as under FIFA Regulations ITC are issued between National Associations and in this case the NEW Association is the one that has jurisdiction for the competitions the new club play in, in this case it's the Premier League, a competition the FAW have absolutely no authority over. Having said that the FAW will get a copy of the ITC as ALL National Associations must ensure that ITC are in place for ALL players moving in and out of the geographical area they have jurisdiction over.

Now we have ALL seen the pictures of Emiliano Sala signing the transfer documents that form part of the contract covering his purchase from Nantes, but does that make him a Cardiff City player? The answer is no because before his signing can be confirmed the FA must be in receipt of the ITC and that's the point here because again under FIFA statutes players MUST be registered with a NATIONAL ASSOCIATION before they can play for a club and more importantly they can ONLY REGISTER WITH ONE CLUB AT A TIME. Section 5.1 & 5.2 of the FIFA Regulations on the Status And Transfer of Players cover that.

The process becomes more complicated when a player is moving between different National Associations which is why an ITC is required. The National Association the player is moving to must make a request to the National Association he is moving from but ONLY after ALL documentation required by FIFA has been uploaded on the TMS administered by them.

The National Association the player is moving from MUST then confirm with both the player and club that everything is correct and that they agree to moving the players registration. If everything is OK the player must then be DEREGISTERED by the National Association he is moving from and they must issue an ITC for the National Association the player is moving to. This is ALL done via the FIFA web based TMS system and is timed to the second.

The National Association the player is moving to must then complete the process of registering the player with them and record the time and date the registration is complete. That is the time that the transfer of Emiliano Sala to Cardiff City will have been completed.

Now and again detailed within the FIFA regulations for the Status And Transfer Of Players National Associations have 7 days to complete the process from requesting to receiving ITC so this process can take days rather than hours or minutes. So was it ALL completed before ES stepped on that plane? I don't know obviously but I really believe that in the time between ES going missing and his body being found that the process for the ITC was completed.

The FIFA database will have a formal record, timed to the second, of when every stage of the transfer process was completed and IF at the time of his death it was complete than Cardiff City owe Nantes £15m but if it wasn't he was still a Nantes player and they need to be having a discussion with their insurers.

This is business and sentiment simply doesn't come into it and I cannot believe any fan could seriously believe our club should roll over and have it's tummy tickled over £15m.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:42 pm

castleblue wrote:This is business and sentiment simply doesn't come into it and I cannot believe any fan could seriously believe our club should roll over and have it's tummy tickled over £15m.

If that's the case then how can we ever continue to claim that Sala will be forever a Bluebird when he'll technically have nothing to do with us?

So sad :(

Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:06 pm

hagleyblue wrote:
castleblue wrote:This is business and sentiment simply doesn't come into it and I cannot believe any fan could seriously believe our club should roll over and have it's tummy tickled over £15m.

If that's the case then how can we ever continue to claim that Sala will be forever a Bluebird when he'll technically have nothing to do with us?

Simple really it's called human compassion for the tragic loss of two lives in this plane crash and I believe it has been displayed in buckloads by the football family. Surely you not suggesting that it will take the club paying £15m to remember Emiliano Sala because that mindset is at the opposite of the spectrum from human compassion.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:12 pm

hagleyblue wrote:

I think a lot of that was sentiment and the tragic way in which he died. I'm afraid I never shared a lot of that sentiment. To me, he was a bluebird in name only. As I said previously, he never put the blue shirt on to the best of my knowledge, never took part in a training session, and I am sure most City fans never set eyes on him. It was an extremely sad event, but I think fans went completely over the top, with someone even suggesting we name our stadium after him. Imagine that, our stadium named after a player who never made a single appearance for the club.

Will be interesting to see just which club actually held his registration at the time of his death. If it was Cardiff, I am sure they will make the payments without any problem. Can't blame them for making sure they are legally responsible before releasing many millions of pounds.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:14 pm

castleblue wrote:
hagleyblue wrote:

Simple really it's called human compassion for the tragic loss of two lives in this plane crash and I believe it has been displayed in buckloads by the football family. Surely you not suggesting that it will take the club paying £15m to remember Emiliano Sala because that mindset is at the opposite of the spectrum from human compassion.

But in future how could we legally show him holding a Cardiff top, as per the official photo, if it's shown that Nantes are still his registered club?

That photo would surely be a conflict of interest if we don't have to pay any money?