' Sol Bamba has just taken a Cardiff City fan '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:39 pm

Sol Bamba has just taken a Cardiff City fan shopping for some new glasses

Monday 18th February 2019

Sol Bamba and Noah Bushby in the Leckwith branch of Specsavers

When young Cardiff City fan Noah Bushby smashed his glasses while celebrating Sol Bamba's opener against Southampton at St Mary's, he would surely never have imagined that his hero would be taking him out to help pick out a replacement pair.

Yet that's exactly happened on Monday afternoon, with the fans' favourite taking the university student down to a local branch of Specsavers in a bid to set things right.

In a tweet sent out by the club, the pair are pictured smiling and seemingly deep in discussion in the Leckwith store, no doubt discussing the state of the Bluebirds' Premier League survival prospects after securing back-to-back wins, while a video put out by Cardiff City TV shows the duo agonising over what design to go for.

Noah's story went viral on social media after he posted a picture of his smashed specs alongside an image of him celebrating with Bamba , who scored Cardiff's first goal in a dramatic 2-1 victory.

In his original tweet, he wrote: "Definitely worth breaking my glasses celebrating with Sol Bamba today."

To his surprise, Bamba tweeted back, saying: "Sorry for your glasses big man.

"You hugged me harder than my wife ever did."

News of Noah's problem reached Bluebirds CEO Ken Choo, who shortly after the win on the south coast said: "Thank you Bluebirds for the incredible support at St Mary’s.

"Noah Bushby - I hear you may need some new glasses. Alongside our friends at Specsavers, we can help. We’ll be in touch!"

Judging by the look on the youngster's face, the club have more than made it up to him, although three points against Watford on Friday night still wouldn't go amiss.

Sol Bamba and Noah Bushby in the Leckwith branch of Specsavers
Attachments
0_BambaglassesJPG.jpg
0_BambaglassesJPG.jpg (72.64 KiB) Viewed 4623 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Sol Bamba has just taken a Cardiff City fan '

Postby nubbsy » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:56 pm

I love how in touch our club is with the fans. Quality story.
nubbsy

Postby Melsuttonholyboots » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:00 pm

Got to love Sol and this story. I hope he breaks more glasses ini.
Melsuttonholyboots

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:18 pm

Top man Sol Bamba :bluescarf:
Bluebird Warrior

Return to General Chat