Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Maupey transfer value?!

Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:44 am

Watched this guy a few times this year, half decent player but no way in a million years is he anywhere near a £20 Million striker..the price Brentford supposedly wanted for him in January

However, their other striker Benrahma is definitely worth signing, he really does look the part

Ollie Watkins is also a better long term option than Maupay

Re: Maupey transfer value?!

Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:08 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Watched this guy a few times this year, half decent player but no way in a million years is he anywhere near a £20 Million striker..the price Brentford supposedly wanted for him in January

However, their other striker Benrahma is definitely worth signing, he really does look the part

whatever job you do you should quit and become a scout

Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:52 am

paulh_85 wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Watched this guy a few times this year, half decent player but no way in a million years is he anywhere near a £20 Million striker..the price Brentford supposedly wanted for him in January

whatever job you do you should quit and become a scout

Many thanks for the suggestion but about 15 years ago I thought Ronaldo was an overrated pretty boy who would never make it at Man Utd :old: so I’m not sure I am the best judge of a player and scouting may not be the ideal profession for me :roll:

Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:03 pm

Many times NW was quoted as saying the strikers they were looking at are no better than what we have.
Think i agree with him.

Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:21 pm

See I think he'd be ideal for us because his success is all about hard work rather than flash-monkeyism, and that's the reason they're dreaming if they think £20m. The clubs who pay that want a different kind of player