Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Signings if we stay up

Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:16 pm

Camrassa and arter signed permanently should be the first deals and then that would open the door to some top quality loan signings again. I wonder if we will go back in for our january targets again too?

Arter 6 million
Camarassa 12 million
Tameze 10 million
Wesley moraes 20 million
Right back loan
Centre back loan
Striker loan

Would be exciting the team pushing on and getting even more quality added next season. Lets hope we stay up and i hope warnock is signed again for the season if we do!

Re: Signings if we stay up

Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:03 pm

what about niasse? obviously hasnt scored yet but he looks very sharp and great at holding up the ball, he seems very suited to the premier league and our style of play

Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:11 am

Tolgay arslan is being touted by his agent,hasn't featured since disagreement with coach,and being offered for only €6m,a steal in my opinion, has all the midfield positions in his reportoire, great passing ability off both feet,great vision too,go get him neil,would love a midfield of him Arter & camerasa :o would be awesome imho. :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:14 am

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:Camrassa and arter signed permanently should be the first deals and then that would open the door to some top quality loan signings again. I wonder if we will go back in for our january targets again too?

Arter 6 million
Camarassa 12 million
Tameze 10 million
Wesley moraes 20 million
Right back loan
Centre back loan
Striker loan

Would be exciting the team pushing on and getting even more quality added next season. Lets hope we stay up and i hope warnock is signed again for the season if we do!

Bollocks to Tameze , he had a chance to sign for us

Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:26 am

Gunnarson is out of contract so we need to get him signed up too

Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:47 am

Jazz Cock wrote:Gunnarson is out of contract so we need to get him signed up too

No thanks

Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:47 am

BarmyArmy1927 wrote:what about niasse? obviously hasnt scored yet but he looks very sharp and great at holding up the ball, he seems very suited to the premier league and our style of play

Niasse 100% to be signed. If we can get Zohore back to his old self then we wouldn't need to make this position a priority either.

Arter and Camarasa should both be signed though :thumbright:

Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:38 am

Jazz Cock wrote:Gunnarson is out of contract so we need to get him signed up too

Definitely not!

Have you not noticed how he struggles in the Premier?

Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:44 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
BarmyArmy1927 wrote:what about niasse? obviously hasnt scored yet but he looks very sharp and great at holding up the ball, he seems very suited to the premier league and our style of play

Niasse 100% to be signed. If we can get Zohore back to his old self then we wouldn't need to make this position a priority either.

Arter and Camarasa should both be signed though :thumbright:

Let's not be too hasty when it comes to Niasse. I'd prefer to hold judgement until the season's end. Yes, he's held the ball up well and it's improved our play, however, his touch sometimes lets him down and of course, as with all strikers he'll be judged on the goals he scores, of which he has yet to get off the mark. I'm sure there are better strikers out there that we could bring in during the summer.
As for Zohore, well it's always about "if's" with him. So for that reason, I'd say a striker is still a priority.

Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:02 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:Camrassa and arter signed permanently should be the first deals and then that would open the door to some top quality loan signings again. I wonder if we will go back in for our january targets again too?

Arter 6 million
Camarassa 12 million
Tameze 10 million
Wesley moraes 20 million
Right back loan
Centre back loan
Striker loan

Much as I admire Harry Arter`s effort and energy , we will need a better quality midfielder than him if we stay up for next season. We also need to replace Gunnarson who is not up to the standard required , so Camarasa plus another quality midfielder required on a permanent basis.

Agreed we need a right back plus a centre half (Bamba has been great for us this season but will be a year older and slower next season).

A new striker will also be key to improve the squad.

Doubt very much that Neil Warnock will be our manager next season , whether we stay up or not.

Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:27 pm

Arslan deffo

Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:33 pm

Alan_in_China wrote:

Definitely not!

https://twitter.com/TheGrangeEnd/status ... 2664643584

Not according to those stats!!

Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:10 pm

LondonBluebird1927 wrote:
Alan_in_China wrote:

Definitely not!

https://twitter.com/TheGrangeEnd/status ... 2664643584

Not according to those stats!!

Jesus Christ!

"Been immense for us since coming in the side."

"A worrying set of stats when you remember that he is out of contract at the end of the season"

"Unless we give him a new contract."

"But will he sign it?"

Immense? I think even his most fervent of supporters would be hard pressed to use that word to describe him this season. As others in that thread have alluded to... we had a more difficult fixture list in the season's opening. I would say that we've picked up the points we have despite Gunnarsson being in the side rather than because of him.

I'm not being harsh for the sake of it but Gunnarsson is a good Championship player, no more.

Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:15 pm

Neal Maupay may be a shout

Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:43 pm

I’d like to see Arter, Camarasa and Niasse all signed.

I’d also like to see Dan James, possibly Neal Maupay. We need a CB too especially if Connolly is going, unfortunately Morrison is too slow but would be great as a spare, we would also need another centre/ defensive midfielder to replace Gunnarsson

Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:56 pm

Gunnarsson has been SLIGHTLY off since December. But before then he was key for us. He's still key now, just had a few off games here and there. Definitely get him signed up even if it's not as a key player.

He'd be a fairly reliable back up and won't be screaming for high wages.

If you think Arter will be ours for 6m then I think you're very very off with that estimation. That's like us selling Joe Ralls for 6 million. Granted Harry Arter is no longer wanted by Eddie Howe, but at some point you need to accept players don't just lose their value simply because the manager wants rid. Pretty sure if he's going for 6m alot of other clubs around us will be offering more than that for someone of his caliber.

I would love Camarasa to sign for us, just feel like it'll be another Grujic style window with him where we're chasing him and then Betis sell him to some Italian league side for nowhere near what we would be looking at paying for him.

Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:38 pm

I believe every win we've had this season Gunnarsson has started, it might not be a coincidence

Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:57 pm

If Warnock stays and we do stay up a possibility could be Saido Berahino. A player of great potential that's gone off the tracks, if anyone could get him to fulfil his potential and get him on the straight and narrow Neil can!

Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:57 pm

Ideally I would love it if the club either bought or loaned these players:
Harry Wilson
Wes Morgan
Pablo Zabaleta
Scott McTominay
David Brooks

Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:20 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:Ideally I would love it if the club either bought or loaned these players:
Harry Wilson
Wes Morgan
Pablo Zabaleta
Scott McTominay
David Brooks

Morgan and Zabaleta are about 75 years old between them ffs. Too old.

We’ve got about as much chance of signing Hazard as we have Brooke’s. Why would Bournemouth leave him go after the season he’s had? If he goes, it’ll be to a much bigger team than us and for mental money.

Wilson - A maybe.
McTominey - regular in UTD squad and gets on most games.

All in all, it’s only Wilson out of that lot and that’s only a maybe at a push.

Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:48 pm

Let's not get ahead of ourselves

Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:35 pm

I would sign all the loan players including niasse, he’s got the right work ethic and character. Forget the big time Charlie’s, the club need to look for hungry players with points to prove. I expect gunnars to go even if we stay up. Which I think we will ;)

Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:01 am

maltablue wrote:Arslan deffo

He oozes quality,still only 28,better than any of our current midfield imo,and a pinch at €6m/ £5m.and is definitely for sale,as quoted in turkish media,we'd be foolish not to have a pop surely :?: :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:

Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:27 am

Daniel James from Swansea :bluescarf: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:25 pm

Personally think we will really struggle to replace Gunnarson if he goes. Tough tackling, long throw and captain of his country. Really think people will realise how essential he is to the team once he has gone. Arter is like a sheep dog chasing the ball round the pitch and Camarasa never tracks back (nor should he have to). Having a subtle player like Gunnarson at the back is essential to cover the other two. If anyone can think of a better player than him, in his position, that would sign for Cardiff I would love to know about them.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:47 pm

1. We have to stay up; two wins with 12 left , and 1 point to the good. In our hands.

2. Money; another season in the PL is £100m, we can't really afford to keep what we've got now once operating costs, transfer fee's, wages, etc are taken into account.

To progress we need extra funds, sponsorship, Tan, whoever.

If we stay up....

Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:03 am

LaBamba wrote:Personally think we will really struggle to replace Gunnarson if he goes. Tough tackling, long throw and captain of his country. Really think people will realise how essential he is to the team once he has gone. Arter is like a sheep dog chasing the ball round the pitch and Camarasa never tracks back (nor should he have to). Having a subtle player like Gunnarson at the back is essential to cover the other two. If anyone can think of a better player than him, in his position, that would sign for Cardiff I would love to know about them.

Arslan from besiktas

Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:25 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
LaBamba wrote:Personally think we will really struggle to replace Gunnarson if he goes. Tough tackling, long throw and captain of his country. Really think people will realise how essential he is to the team once he has gone. Arter is like a sheep dog chasing the ball round the pitch and Camarasa never tracks back (nor should he have to). Having a subtle player like Gunnarson at the back is essential to cover the other two. If anyone can think of a better player than him, in his position, that would sign for Cardiff I would love to know about them.

Arslan from besiktas

Never seen him play or heard of him apart from some tenuous Twitter links in the Summer. Does this recommendation come from watching besiktas/ fenerbache play regularly? Or YouTube videos?

Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:44 am

Let's stay up first.