Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEIL WARNOCK:

Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:52 am

The heartbreaking words of Neil Warnock at Emiliano Sala's funeral

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock has paid an emotional tribute to Emiliano Sala at the player's funeral in Argentina.

Warnock spoke to reporters outside the service in Progreso as thousands turned out to pay their respects during a day-long wake.

Sala will be cremated at a private family service in Santa Fe later on Saturday. You can follow live updates on this story here.

"It has been a very emotional morning," Warnock said.

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Mercedes (Sala’s mother) has been an immense woman this morning. Everyone she has met has had their own memories of Emiliano and it has brought tears to her eyes. His father is the same, and his brother and sister. It is like the whole village is united and it is amazing how they have coped with it.

"We were very fortunate last night to speak with Mercedes and Romina in the hotel and to have some quiet time. The pride Mercedes has in her son has just shone through all day.

"Things like this don’t happen in football. I have been a manager nearly 40 years and I’ve never known anything like this. It has been so emotional. People say ‘he never played for you’ but he was my player. I chased him, I wanted him. I’ve got goose pimples talking to you. He was my type of player - a scruffy player with a big heart.

"As a person I don’t know anyone who has a bad word to say about him.

You can see all the pictures from today's funeral in the gallery below, which will be updated throughout the day.

"We wanted to come here and I’m pleased and proud we did. We had an hour with Mercedes. She is crying every five minutes because everyone has their memories. It has to be traumatic for her but she is coping. The whole family are united in their grief."

Warnock was part of a three-man Cardiff delegation who made the trip to Argentina, alongside chief executive Ken Choo and player liaison officer Callum Davies, who was the man waiting for Sala at Cardiff airport on that fateful night.

Locals and mourners from around the world have been visiting the San Martin Football club where Sala's coffin has been throughout Saturday.

Sky Sports:

16/02/19

NEIL WARNOCK: "Emiliano Sala was my player,he signed for me and Cardiff City"

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock talks to journalists outside the Club Atletico y Social San Martin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK:

Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:38 pm

sorry..i just do not get this, a 3 man delegation in Argentina

and our lawyers calling him ..the player we tried to sign..

I do not know any more than anyone else regarding the legalities. but these 2 things just do not sit right.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK:

Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:54 pm

dogfound wrote:sorry..i just do not get this, a 3 man delegation in Argentina

and our lawyers calling him ..the player we tried to sign..

I do not know any more than anyone else regarding the legalities. but these 2 things just do not sit right.

Spot on I agree 100% with that, the player we tried to sign shame on anyone calling sala that