Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:02 pm

Got 2 now :x

Re: Gary Madine Scores 1st goal

Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:04 pm

what? how?
he is absolute bollocks

Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:57 pm

Don't get too excited. He's scored his first and second goal in a year, and it was against 20th in the league...the championship league...

Let's not start the "See he could've done a job for us" comments again.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:50 pm

He scored twice actually.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:52 pm

Sorry Malta, didn't see yours.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:57 pm

Happy days, I did £20 each way on Sheffield Utd Portsmouth and Bury to get promoted at start of season, Maynard and Madine both helping my bet as it stands.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:05 pm

good player at championship level which is why so many championship managers wanted him on loan , we used him a bit different to what Sheffield do now . but helped get us over the line...

Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:17 pm

I believe all City fans are legally entitled to go on the piss

Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:18 pm

dogfound wrote:good player at championship level which is why so many championship managers wanted him on loan , we used him a bit different to what Sheffield do now . but helped get us over the line...

How did he help us because I remember him as being useless on the pitch

Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:20 pm

Very far fectched to say he helped us over the line... even when being cr@p the next hope was he would put the pressure on zohore to up his game and that didn’t happen either

Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:22 pm

Gary Madine, if you do read this I can only appogise for the lack of knowledge of some of these baffoons who know jack shit about Cardiff City or football. Well done on your goals and wish you the best of luck son. Your chances with us were limited and proper supporters like me respect your time at the City, and who knows what's around the corner mate.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:25 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:Very far fectched to say he helped us over the line... even when being cr@p the next hope was he would put the pressure on zohore to up his game and that didn’t happen either

oh we stayed down and didnt pick up 4 wins and a draw in the 6 he started... :lol: :lol:
far fetched is thinking a good manager played a crap player and 6 decent managers wanted to loan one..
bloody hell.. its like simon says

Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:50 pm

Barry welsh88, comes out of the closet again, trust me don't take any notice of this poster. He is embarrassing. Eg knocking Mr Warnocks team selection and giving it large that we would not have any chance against Southampton.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:57 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:I believe all City fans are legally entitled to go on the piss

and that's the problem, I doubt anyone that watched sober could conclude he is useless or was for us. in the games he played for us Warnock parked him 20/25 yards out to receive or win headers taking the game up the other end. he won far more than he lost and teams doubled him. we won 4 of the 6 he started was never played as a box striker. and from my recolections had only 1 half decent chance plus the pen { which all players can miss }.
how do you win 4 games with your only outlet totally useless..? its a mystery

he didnt score but we won..bloody hell its like parents at under 8s matches honestly.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:06 pm

Melsuttonholyboots wrote:Barry welsh88, comes out of the closet again, trust me don't take any notice of this poster. He is embarrassing. Eg knocking Mr Warnocks team selection and giving it large that we would not have any chance against Southampton.

the whole Gary Madine knocking spins my head..
he was brought in as back up and to take pressure off Ken, we won promotion and our manager picked him { not all the time as he was here as back up }. has Warnock got poor eye sight, cant spot a player or what.were the coaches also blind ?
people need to start watching whats in front of their eyes instead of complaining that players are not doing whats in their imaginations..
rant over

Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:16 pm

dogfound wrote:
bluebird1972 wrote:I believe all City fans are legally entitled to go on the piss

and that's the problem, I doubt anyone that watched sober could conclude he is useless or was for us. in the games he played for us Warnock parked him 20/25 yards out to receive or win headers taking the game up the other end. he won far more than he lost and teams doubled him. we won 4 of the 6 he started was never played as a box striker. and from my recolections had only 1 half decent chance plus the pen { which all players can miss }.

he didnt score but we won..bloody hell its like parents at under 8s matches honestly.

I've had countless debates at city with friends about him, for and against. I've been both on the attacking end of criticising him, and also I've defended him sometimes too.

I've never denied that he is a threat in the air, and a few headers he'd won - namely the header towards Pilkington for our 1-1 draw which at the time kept us 2nd I believe - are a credit to him. The problem is when you get past the one important header every 270 minutes of game time , you realize he needs to score too, otherwise his contribution to Cardiff - considering we play a 1 striker formation - simply isn't /wasn't enough. He lost his confidence early on for whatever reason, and I think when we were in the championship everyone rooted for him and felt sorry for him. I think the nail in the coffin was the penalty miss, where he reportedly was crying in the tunnel. Now, it's really important that city players care enough to play for the club, but when you're crying because you have a penalty saved against 1st place in the league, there's something wrong.

I don't think he contributed nearly as much as he could have done, and nowhere near how much his transfer value we paid for him suggested he'd do. We paid 4million for Madine, who had scored 11 goals for championship relegation strugglers.

He should have done alot better. The few games he did play, he scuffed his shots, panicked, and nobody ever had confidence in him to finish his chances.

Nobody is saying he was lazy or didn't offer an threat in the air etc etc. And it's easy enough to say we got promoted with him in the team and won x amount of games that he was part of, but the sort of group of players we had it would've had to been someone god awful to stop us getting the wins/draws that we did when he played. He just did the minimum. Unfortunately I, and many others think he should have offered more, and that's not to say "he" necessarily SHOULD have, but maybe for 4m we could've got someone else more effective. That's my 50 cents on it anyway, I can see why you'd disagree

Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:31 pm

Bit of imfo for some of you lot. Ronnie Moore, prolific before joining City, couldn't score here. Thus the badges made. , I saw Ronnie Moore score, however, he ran himself into the ground for the cause, and City supporters loved him for this. Again thus the famous song, he's here he's there he's every f. .... where Ronnie Moore.I met him many years later, and he told me how much the City fans meant to him and we would always have a special place in his heart even though things never worked out for him at CCFC. Most of us are special fans, but not all.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:54 pm

Deep Blue FC wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I've had countless debates at city with friends about him, for and against. I've been both on the attacking end of criticising him, and also I've defended him sometimes too.

I've never denied that he is a threat in the air, and a few headers he'd won - namely the header towards Pilkington for our 1-1 draw which at the time kept us 2nd I believe - are a credit to him. The problem is when you get past the one important header every 270 minutes of game time , you realize he needs to score too, otherwise his contribution to Cardiff - considering we play a 1 striker formation - simply isn't /wasn't enough. He lost his confidence early on for whatever reason, and I think when we were in the championship everyone rooted for him and felt sorry for him. I think the nail in the coffin was the penalty miss, where he reportedly was crying in the tunnel. Now, it's really important that city players care enough to play for the club, but when you're crying because you have a penalty saved against 1st place in the league, there's something wrong.

I don't think he contributed nearly as much as he could have done, and nowhere near how much his transfer value we paid for him suggested he'd do. We paid 4million for Madine, who had scored 11 goals for championship relegation strugglers.

He should have done alot better. The few games he did play, he scuffed his shots, panicked, and nobody ever had confidence in him to finish his chances.

Nobody is saying he was lazy or didn't offer an threat in the air etc etc. And it's easy enough to say we got promoted with him in the team and won x amount of games that he was part of, but the sort of group of players we had it would've had to been someone god awful to stop us getting the wins/draws that we did when he played. He just did the minimum. Unfortunately I, and many others think he should have offered more, and that's not to say "he" necessarily SHOULD have, but maybe for 4m we could've got someone else more effective. That's my 50 cents on it anyway, I can see why you'd disagree

yes i do disagree but reading the post i doubt you see why .
your suggesting amongst other things that our manager and coaches had constant 70 yard balls played to a forward that is not tricky or fast 25 yards out back to goal expecting goals..?
namely the one header for pilks ? lets just forget all the other headers which were the catalyst of many corners, free kicks, throw ins , goals and victories..

scuffed shots ? failed to finish chances..please tell me what games as i will re watch.

and we paid 2 million for a championship forward. with a promotion bonus at a time we had won1 drawn 1 and lost 4 of our last 6 games and were being written off the promotion bonus is what it says but we were hardly nailed on for promotion.
the confidence thing is purely parrotsheep talk, he did the job he was bought for and never looked anything but confident knocking the CBs around..never heard anyone involved even hint at that being a problem..but doubt anyone involved expected him to bring it down turn beat 2 players for pace and hit the top corner as you do...

would have taken someone god damn awful for us to not get wins and draws is the best though...…..man city in disguise were we..? we were not.. it took all 11 playing at 100% to get us up along with a game plan that needed carrying out for each and every opponent.
our squad was not bristling with quality..

Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:30 pm

dogfound wrote:
Deep Blue FC wrote:
dogfound wrote:

yes i do disagree but reading the post i doubt you see why .
your suggesting amongst other things that our manager and coaches had constant 70 yard balls played to a forward that is not tricky or fast 25 yards out back to goal expecting goals..?
namely the one header for pilks ? lets just forget all the other headers which were the catalyst of many corners, free kicks, throw ins , goals and victories..

scuffed shots ? failed to finish chances..please tell me what games as i will re watch.

and we paid 2 million for a championship forward. with a promotion bonus at a time we had won1 drawn 1 and lost 4 of our last 6 games and were being written off the promotion bonus is what it says but we were hardly nailed on for promotion.
the confidence thing is purely parrotsheep talk, he did the job he was bought for and never looked anything but confident knocking the CBs around..never heard anyone involved even hint at that being a problem..but doubt anyone involved expected him to bring it down turn beat 2 players for pace and hit the top corner as you do...

would have taken someone god damn awful for us to not get wins and draws is the best though...…..man city in disguise were we..? we were not.. it took all 11 playing at 100% to get us up along with a game plan that needed carrying out for each and every opponent.
our squad was not bristling with quality..

Put it this way. If Madine had the same chance to score that Zohore goal last week, it would've been blocked and you wouldn't have called it a chance.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:58 pm

Deep Blue, how can you predict that then. Seems a bit shallow to me. Really hope Gary Madine proves the critics wrong, I will be looking out for him and supporting a BLUEBIRD all the way, like I've always done. But then that's what makes us different. Cheers.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:06 pm

Melsuttonholyboots wrote:Deep Blue, how can you predict that then. Seems a bit shallow to me. Really hope Gary Madine proves the critics wrong, I will be looking out for him and supporting a BLUEBIRD all the way, like I've always done. But then that's what makes us different. Cheers.

Because I didn't want to watch every few 90 minutes of football, and various 15-20 minutes footage of games that Madine was a substitue just so compile a compilation of all his shots

So instead I had a thorough read through on text commentary from BBC of alot of his games that Madine played, and other than his penalty miss, and about 4 clear cut chances where he should have scored (2 headers and 2 shots in the center of the box), all of his other shots where blocked. Hence why I said if he had taken Ken's chance last week, he would've - based off historical stats - had the shot blocked.

I also noticed, because I did actually have a little look thanks to Ifollow TV being able to watch the full 90 minutes of games, I looked at some shots he had outside the box, and I tell no lie, they look like the clearance Paterson made last week when it went over the stadium.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:24 pm

He really divides opinion but I'm sure if he gets to around 10 goals by the end of the season we'd be able to recoup most of the money on him :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:28 pm

Melsuttonholyboots wrote:Gary Madine, if you do read this I can only appogise for the lack of knowledge of some of these baffoons who know jack shit about Cardiff City or football. Well done on your goals and wish you the best of luck son. Your chances with us were limited and proper supporters like me respect your time at the City, and who knows what's around the corner mate.

Well said

Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:00 pm

Melsuttonholyboots wrote:Gary Madine, if you do read this I can only appogise for the lack of knowledge of some of these baffoons who know jack shit about Cardiff City or football. Well done on your goals and wish you the best of luck son. Your chances with us were limited and proper supporters like me respect your time at the City, and who knows what's around the corner mate.

i dont know mate... he had plenty of chances. i wish him the best of luck but he was an absolute horse for us. its not even the penalty against wolves that i think is the worst, its the miss against derby that i just started to cringe at his name :lol: , i just remember seeing it roll over his foot :)
ah well, gary madine, the washing machine :lol: :lol: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:53 pm

Melsuttonholyboots wrote:Deep Blue, how can you predict that then. Seems a bit shallow to me. Really hope Gary Madine proves the critics wrong, I will be looking out for him and supporting a BLUEBIRD all the way, like I've always done. But then that's what makes us different. Cheers.

Well said !
Who ever knows why stuff doesn't work out for a particular player at a particular club - it happens . It wasn't for lack of trying from Gary and, as you say his positional play was vital last year even if he didn't score. It may not even be over for him at the club yet either - who knows how he'll develop whilst on loan.
Either way I really hope he does well for whichever team

Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:29 pm

Billy Sharpe will be back in next week if fit ;)

Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:57 am

Thanks for that mate, thought the thread was about Madine. But get your drift.