Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neal Maupay

Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:22 pm

Scored his 21st goal tonight in injury time to beat Villa, lovely curling finish as he left a defender for six in the box, I’d take him in a heartbeat next season as he’s versatile and can play upfront, on the wing or behind the striker.

Re: Neal Maupay

Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:22 pm

Great player but unfortunately just don't think he fits our style at the moment. Cardiff play with a big strong striker who will battle and chase lost causes. For me Rondon would have been good, ideal would have been troy Deeney in his prime. Very few players like that currently though.

Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:39 pm

and dirty leeds beat the jacks. a real lose/lose game. hate both.

Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:51 pm

His goal tonight was a solo effort created out of nothing. Looked a very good striker.

Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:10 am

dogfound wrote:and dirty leeds beat the jacks. a real lose/lose game. hate both.

Leeds over Swans any day (unless they're playing us, when they're both as bad as one another) :thumbright:

Leeds could/should have had 5 or 6 and a fit Patrick Bamford would have finished a few that were missed :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:52 am

Quality striker who will likely end up in the premier league next season.
Cant see them holding onto him for long someone will bite and pay £15mill in the summer

Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:52 am

Did anyone notice how poor he was against Swans. The one on one against the keeper at the end when he loops it over the bar especially . And he didn't look too bothered either.

Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:02 am

I have my doubts about whether he will make it in the Premier.

He looks good in the Championship but just don’t see him having enough to do well at the higher level.