Emiliano Sala’s plane 'did NOT fall to pieces': Ex-pilot of

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Emiliano Sala’s plane 'did NOT fall to pieces': Ex-pilot

Postby Sky High Bluebird » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:11 am

RageJon wrote:Cheers for the info I've read a fare bit about it myself.

But my question was .. How many miles do you fly in it ?

As a flying instructor I only got to fly it once as a safety pilot.

It was brand new and Interestingly the owner always flew with a flying instructor the first couple of months
he owned it for extra safety , as he got used to its performance.
If memory serves me right He also did a 10 hour course with a Piper Aircraft company pilot when it was delivered brand new.

I doubt people who buy these aircraft on the second hand market do such a course.........I’d make it compulsory.
Sky High Bluebird

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby RageJon » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:10 am

Sky High Bluebird wrote:
RageJon wrote:Cheers for the info I've read a fare bit about it myself.

But my question was .. How many miles do you fly in it ?

As a flying instructor I only got to fly it once as a safety pilot.

It was brand new and Interestingly the owner always flew with a flying instructor the first couple of months
he owned it for extra safety , as he got used to its performance.
If memory serves me right He also did a 10 hour course with a Piper Aircraft company pilot when it was delivered brand new.

I doubt people who buy these aircraft on the second hand market do such a course.........I’d make it compulsory.

At least you made it down in on buddy

Do you know much about the grounding of the plane and how they were taken to court ?

And the 22 of then that just broke up in the sky ?

From what I have read there were 4 separate occasions when the plane was grounded under investigations.

I know mirage put there engine in later models but the problems still happened.

Nose diving 10,000 ft in a munute due to an override sounds to me this is why they were determine what engine was is the plane.
Always Know If The Juice Is Worth The Squeeze !

Utrinque Paratus
RageJon

Postby RageJon » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:15 am

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.theg ... e18447534/

Not sure if you have read this at all
Always Know If The Juice Is Worth The Squeeze !

Utrinque Paratus
RageJon

Postby Sky High Bluebird » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:50 pm

RageJon wrote:https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.theglobeandmail.com/amp/news/national/why-does-a-beautiful-airplane-break-up-in-the-sky/article18447534/

Not sure if you have read this at all

Yes thanks , and all the individual accident reports from the accidents mentioned from the NTSB and Transport Canada.
Fundamentally the aircraft is structurally sound.
The reality is that there is always a reason for in flight break ups.
In the article mentioned the first two are due loss of control because of continued flight into icing and thunderstorm conditions respectively.
The third was due to loss of control due pilot disorientation following a vacuum pump failure which affected the artifical horizon the main instrument used for maintaining straight and level flight.
In all three cases loss of control resulted in a spiral dive and the break up of the aircraft as it exceeded it designed structural Manouevering speed.
Loss of control is a reoccuring theme.

Whilst this aircraft had had its problems including re-certification ordered by the FAA , the irony is that due to its initial chequered history the Malibu now has the distinction of being the most thoroughly tested single engine aircraft out there.
The problem has always been with pilot training ,with many not having sufficient respect for the complexity of this type of high performance aircraft.
Sky High Bluebird

Previous

Return to General Chat