This man quite simply does not get the credit for what he h

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby grange_end1927 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:23 am

Neil Warnock

This man quite simply does not get the credit for what he has done for us as a club! Fans of other clubs still hate him etc but who gives a shit!!

Warnock since day dot has had a massive challenge on his hands. We were in a financial crisis and results on the pitch were dire. However that soon changed! Warnock showed passion, showed creativity and bought in bamba and hoilett.
Neil has had so much going on off the field with his wife Sharon becoming unwell and having so much to deal with with his passion and desire for the flu and its fans remained faultless and still stayed professional.
Neil Warnock has always been a character and has been hard as nails and we as a club needed that and somehow he exceeded expectations and got us promoted!! Our football is not pretty but he sure knows how to win games!
We as a club have experienced a very hard few weeks off the field and Neil has somehow along with his staff managed to field a competitive side who are fighting for the fans and the club!
grange_end1927

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: This man quite simply does not get the credit for what h

Postby dogfound » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:14 am

assume your talking about people other than our fans , because the vast majority of ours think the world of him and he is clearly aware of that..

yes the financial crisis :roll:
dogfound

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:15 am

I think NW suffers from an institutional bias against British managers/coaches. Sam Allardyce is another who knows how to fight fires and turn crisis clubs around by organising the playing staff and using direct tactics to enhance goal scoring opportunities.

Unfortunately their methods are frowned on whilst the world waxes lyrical about foreign coaches like Pep Guardiola and Jürgen Klopp who build teams using hundred's of millions of pounds to buy the best ready made players, rather than working with what they inherited and getting the best out of them like NW and SA do.

Given a level playing field I really believe NW would piss all over PG and JK.

Also I much prefer his style of play to that of the tic tac nonsense. Football is a passionate game and one thing NW can do is inject passion into any side he leads.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby captbirdseye » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:50 am

He does deserve a huge amount of respect in terms of what he's achieved but the football is pretty terrible.

There's a reason why Warnock, Pulis and Allardyce have a shelf life and it's mainly due to fans getting fed up with their stone age play style.

Also, It's got nothing to do with them being British (Eddie Howe is highly regard) and you only have to look at managers like Jose who also get heavily criticised for a similar style.
captbirdseye

Postby Wolfpac » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:07 am

The man is simply a LEGEND, a word that gets thrown about however he is simply that, he deserves a knighthood for his services to the beautiful game, lets not forget this man has had personal issues during his time here with his wife battling cancer, he's 70 years old so is no spring chicken yet his desire and passion for the cause is astonishing, he's always got time for the fans, I honestly believe he loves us as much as he does for Sheff Utd.

Whatever happens for the remainder of the season, we have already shown the world how much heart commitment and desire our boys have and a lot of that is down to Neil. If we do manage to stay up and Neil decides to retire then he will have pulled off the greatest escape, I absolutely love the man, he will always be our Bluebird :bluescarf:
Last edited by Wolfpac on Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfpac

Postby Wolfpac » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:08 am

Wolfpac

Postby Sneggyblubird » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:12 am

grange_end1927 wrote:Neil Warnock

This man quite simply does not get the credit for what he has done for us as a club! Fans of other clubs still hate him etc but who gives a shit!!

Warnock since day dot has had a massive challenge on his hands. We were in a financial crisis and results on the pitch were dire. However that soon changed! Warnock showed passion, showed creativity and bought in bamba and hoilett.
Neil has had so much going on off the field with his wife Sharon becoming unwell and having so much to deal with with his passion and desire for the flu and its fans remained faultless and still stayed professional.
Neil Warnock has always been a character and has been hard as nails and we as a club needed that and somehow he exceeded expectations and got us promoted!! Our football is not pretty but he sure knows how to win games!
We as a club have experienced a very hard few weeks off the field and Neil has somehow along with his staff managed to field a competitive side who are fighting for the fans and the club!

I think you are totally wrong and ignorant in your assumption.Its on record the fact that this is perhaps the only club that actually likes him.(He's said so himself and so has his wife).Theres only a couple of bellends on here with mental health issues that doesn't appreciate what the gaffer has done and the bond between him and the fans is probably the best I've seen in my 40+ yrs supporting the club.What is shameful in my opinion is the multi's on here who exist only because they are allowed to, that come out to slander Vincent Tan when it suits or are allowed to wind up genuine city fan over Sala.

Personally I would welcome roathy back with open arms as I don't think even he would have stooped so low but it just goes to show its not what you post but who your mates are.That man(and I use the word loosely)pretending to be a Nantes supporter represented what I think was the lowest point ever for me on this forum.What he said was bad enough but the fact that he's been able to get away with it in other guises as well for so long means he obviously still got mates on this forum.
Sneggyblubird

Postby dogfound » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:33 am

captbirdseye wrote:He does deserve a huge amount of respect in terms of what he's achieved but the football is pretty terrible.

There's a reason why Warnock, Pulis and Allardyce have a shelf life and it's mainly due to fans getting fed up with their stone age play style.

Also, It's got nothing to do with them being British (Eddie Howe is highly regard) and you only have to look at managers like Jose who also get heavily criticised for a similar style.

yep , no doubt like yourself I was mesmerised by that silky scintillating fast flowing football Bournemouth played two weeks ago , and how much has he spent.?
dogfound

Postby captbirdseye » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:47 am

I dunno, but this illusion about British managers taking flak for style of play is rubbish. Allardyce and Co have also spent huge sums of money on players and they still play route one football.
captbirdseye

Postby Sneggyblubird » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:57 am

captbirdseye wrote:I dunno, but this illusion about British managers taking flak for style of play is rubbish. Allardyce and Co have also spent huge sums of money on players and they still play route one football.

No they haven't and thats a fact,not compared to the likes of Pep and Jose.Anyway,City don't play route one unless they have to,just like most other sides.But of course I accept the definition of "route one"varies from fan to fan.
Sneggyblubird

Postby dogfound » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:58 am

captbirdseye wrote:I dunno, but this illusion about British managers taking flak for style of play is rubbish. Allardyce and Co have also spent huge sums of money on players and they still play route one football.

football is about winning , yes if youve got endless supplies of money and you can bring in the very best talent it looks better. otherwise its make do with what resources you have and find a way.
to me stone age football is being stupid enough to think you can out pass 60 million pound players with 5 million pound players..its why the 3 you mentioned are still around and about a hundred lets pretend we are Barca when clearly we are not no idea foreigners lasted 4 months and have never been seen again..
dogfound

Postby dogfound » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:15 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
grange_end1927 wrote:Neil Warnock

I think you are totally wrong and ignorant in your assumption.Its on record the fact that this is perhaps the only club that actually likes him.(He's said so himself and so has his wife).Theres only a couple of bellends on here with mental health issues that doesn't appreciate what the gaffer has done and the bond between him and the fans is probably the best I've seen in my 40+ yrs supporting the club.What is shameful in my opinion is the multi's on here who exist only because they are allowed to, that come out to slander Vincent Tan when it suits or are allowed to wind up genuine city fan over Sala.

Personally I would welcome roathy back with open arms as I don't think even he would have stooped so low but it just goes to show its not what you post but who your mates are.That man(and I use the word loosely)pretending to be a Nantes supporter represented what I think was the lowest point ever for me on this forum.What he said was bad enough but the fact that he's been able to get away with it in other guises as well for so long means he obviously still got mates on this forum.

le monde was on twitter yesterday being his normal classy self..
dogfound

Postby piledriver64 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:48 pm

captbirdseye wrote:He does deserve a huge amount of respect in terms of what he's achieved but the football is pretty terrible.

I simply don't agree with your comment "the football is pretty terrible". For me football is about getting you off your seat and excited and that's been the case since Warnock took over, forget possession stats it's about goal mouth action and we get that.

Whilst I agree that it is subjective from a personal perspective I've enjoyed the football and spirit more than at any time since Dave Jones but he didn't get us up.

Malky was lauded for his tactical genius but the football was functional and did a job. I didn't even get that excited when we beat the Jacks (although I did enjoy it :lol: ). Didn't we get promotion as Champions but not win any game by more than one goal or something like that ?

There won't be many managers that after giving away an injury time equaliser they then urge their players to go for the winner rather than Paterson taking the ball into the corner like on Saturday.

Football is much more than just the Man City/Barcelona pretty on the eye football. It doesn't make it "terrible" it just makes it different but still, maybe more, exciting.
piledriver64

Postby captbirdseye » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:57 pm

I'm probably in a very small minority but I really enjoyed the football under Dave Jones and we win or lose I was always entertained. For me, I just find current style a bit tedious and end up switching off.
captbirdseye

Postby piledriver64 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:04 pm

captbirdseye wrote:I'm probably in a very small minority but I really enjoyed the football under Dave Jones and we win or lose I was always entertained. For me, I just find current style a bit tedious and end up switching off.

I agree that Dave Jones team played some great stuff that was pleasing on the eye but when they were bad they were really bad !!

I certainly don't find the current style tedious, in fact I could do with a rest and nice easy 2-0 win actually to give my heart a rest.
piledriver64

Postby dogfound » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:39 pm

captbirdseye wrote:I'm probably in a very small minority but I really enjoyed the football under Dave Jones and we win or lose I was always entertained. For me, I just find current style a bit tedious and end up switching off.

don't think your in a minority re Dave Jones , enjoyed the majority of his games in charge here but lets not pretend we played possession football out from the back constantly either.
but tedious under Warnock it aint.
dogfound

Postby fred keenor » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:31 pm

Probably the best manager we have ever had and we have had some good ones.
fred keenor

Postby northernbluebird » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:46 pm

he's the best championship manager ever, in my view. horses for courses, and there aren't any better doing what he does.

he hasn't had a fair crack of the whip at PL level, but he's done an incredible job to keep us there or there about with 12 games to go. most of the players in our team were bought at cut price fees in the championship FFS.
northernbluebird

Postby Walinoz » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:22 pm

I wouldn’t say his football is pretty terrible as you put it
Ill admit in some matches the footballl hasn’t been the best only in that he sets up not to lose rather go out to win , understandably as he wants more than anything to keep the club In the prem but if you cast your mind back to beginning of last season , I thought the football we were playing was fantastic , really enjoyable, only when we had a few injuries come towards Xmas and we were still in second place again he erred on caution as he knew we had a great chance of promotion

You can see the togetherness of the team warnock has instilled that ,the team spirit is one of that best that I have witnessed down here maybe eddies mays promotion winning side comes close bit when you look at what he has achieved with the players he has he’s worked miracles

Warnock and Bamba epitomise what this club is all about both legends of Cardiff city in my eyes
Walinoz

Postby skiprat » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:37 pm

Agreed football under Dave jones was pleasing on the eye
But the bottom line promotions gained zero
Trophies won zero.
skiprat

Postby Melsuttonholyboots » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:10 pm

Neil Warnock has put Cardiff City on the map.He's done it on peanuts.
Melsuttonholyboots

Postby JimCP91 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:58 pm

Warnock plays “Stone Age football” is the biggest myth out there.

Are we a possession side? No. Do we get the ball quickly into offensive and dangerous areas? Yes.

If his style was so Stone Age, clubs such as Fulham, Huddersfield and even Swansea would be light years ahead of us. But check the league tables...
JimCP91

Postby Bluesman » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:38 am

Play stylish football and lose or play boring football and win. I know what I want and that is a win. Take stock of how you feel walking out of the CCS when we have lost. It is not a good feeling.
Bluesman

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:57 pm

Top Manager :bluebird:
TopCat CCFC

Postby maccydee » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:48 pm

Some really good points about style of football.

It’s easy for Pep or Klopp to come in and play this exciting brand of successful football when they have the money. But you can give many examples of managers who have tried to instill this brand of football to a team down the bottom without the same money. Even Chelsea can’t make it happen.
maccydee

Postby northernbluebird » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:06 pm

you are correct, but for me, getting promoted with an average team beats pretty football and not getting promoted any day of the week.

it's much harder to win, than to lose in style. and warnock is a winner, of which there aren't that many in football.

that said, those that play great football and get great results are the best of the bunch. what roberto martinez did at swansea was one of the best runs of management i've seen, certainly rivals the job warnock has done. and the attractive football was why his career has taken him to the top end of football, whereas warnock has never managed above a certain level.

but warnock's track record shows promotion after promotion, and so is the best championship manager ever in my view.
northernbluebird

Return to General Chat