Say what you want about City's youth but...

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Say what you want about City's youth but...

Postby dogfound » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:55 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
smakerzthebluebird wrote:Grassroots is the issue

Young football should’ve buzzing in wales since the Euros but it’s not

Local clubs near me are shutting every week cos there is little or no funding to support them

This is where kids first learn to play until pro clubs take them into academies and more should be invested to keep local clubs afloat young kids interested in football and out of trouble and adequate coaches to develop them from a young age

It’s fantastic that parents and volunteers coach these kids for free but they are not at a level to enhance the kids ability and in my opinion by the time most youngsters are either 7 or 8 they have either not developed aren’t bothered about contiuining or have bounced around clubs because they have folded

Getting them interested early is key teaching them eary is key therefore grassroots football is key to us and Swansea finding players capable of becoming stars

Every youngster generally begins life at a local club in their area that’s where the money should be invested

As others have said we have welsh clubs with good facilities and coaches but they take kids that have gone through grassroots that isn’t invested in enough early enough in my opinikn

more football played in Wales than ever before
more pitches
more artificial all weather pitches
more in door pitches
thousands of more qualified coaches.
academies ,not just pro clubs but college academies and LOW academies.
tens of millions more spent in development.
and the answer is more of the above..and then more again and then more again.

does Wales under achieve developing players...nope.

under perform for its population nop.

sorry I do not agree.

That doesn’t answer what I said does it

Kids start playing football at your local towns club not cardiff city or othe rpro clubs

These clubs they start at are not funded and dying all over

Enthusiasm and good coaching needs to come from a young age the people who volunteer are wonderful but they are not coaches

Invest early not when they are 8/9/10 and already lost years of development isn’t point

junior football is thriving mate.

as for coaching,there really is a limit to what you can do with young boys that age . and i know blokes that were fantastic coaches before qualkifications started who are now qualified and are still fantastic..and some real beauts who are now beauts with certificates.
dogfound

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:28 pm

dogfound wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Local clubs near me are shutting every week cos there is little or no funding to support them

This is where kids first learn to play until pro clubs take them into academies and more should be invested to keep local clubs afloat young kids interested in football and out of trouble and adequate coaches to develop them from a young age

It’s fantastic that parents and volunteers coach these kids for free but they are not at a level to enhance the kids ability and in my opinion by the time most youngsters are either 7 or 8 they have either not developed aren’t bothered about contiuining or have bounced around clubs because they have folded

Getting them interested early is key teaching them eary is key therefore grassroots football is key to us and Swansea finding players capable of becoming stars

Every youngster generally begins life at a local club in their area that’s where the money should be invested

As others have said we have welsh clubs with good facilities and coaches but they take kids that have gone through grassroots that isn’t invested in enough early enough in my opinikn

more pitches
more in door pitches

sorry I do not agree.

Kids start playing football at your local towns club not cardiff city or othe rpro clubs

Enthusiasm and good coaching needs to come from a young age the people who volunteer are wonderful but they are not coaches

Invest early not when they are 8/9/10 and already lost years of development isn’t point

as for coaching,there really is a limit to what you can do with young boys that age . and i know blokes that were fantastic coaches before qualkifications started who are now qualified and are still fantastic..and some real beauts who are now beauts with certificates.

So what’s the solution?

Are kids just not good enough?

More the fact we just don’t have a large enough population?
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird

Postby dogfound » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:01 pm

dogfound wrote:
dogfound wrote:

more pitches
more in door pitches

sorry I do not agree.

So what’s the solution?

Are kids just not good enough?

More the fact we just don’t have a large enough population?

think expectations are too high. and honestly believe heaps of money is chucked, not just by ourselves , at academies that do not produce.
dogfound

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:57 pm

One fact that is being overlooked is from 2011 until 2018 we had Swansea City in the PL whilst we flapped about mainly in the Championship. They had money to invest in youth and they did mop up a lot of local talent. Ben Davies, Neil Taylor, Joe Allen, Connor Roberts and even Jazz Richards have made full Welsh appearances after graduating from their academy.

It was also well known they had a scouting system all over Wales and were looking at and sometimes picking up the best youngsters in the Cardiff and Newport areas as well as their own.

During that time our academy was starved of investment and suffered as a result. The boot might now be on the other foot but it will take years to reverse the lack of investment.
Tony Blue Williams

Previous

Return to General Chat