Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Volleyball star, 31, claims she had secret affair with Sala

Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:40 pm

'I'll love you forever': Brazilian volleyball star, 31, claims she had secret affair with Emiliano Sala and spoke to him hours before fatal plane crash

Daily Mail

Tuesday 12th February 2019

A volleyball player says she had a secret relationship with Emiliano Sala and spoke to him just hours before the footballer died in a plane crash over the Channel.

Luiza Ungerer, 31, claims to have last seen the Cardiff City star on his birthday, one week before the tragic incident.

The Brazilian said that she met the 28-year-old while they were both playing for teams in France.

After hearing that the player's body had been recovered, she wrote online: 'I'm going to love you forever!'

Luiza, who plays for Beziers Angels in France, told news site Globo that it was Sala's dream to play in the Premier League, which he was heading to do when he was killed after a record £15million signing.

She says they started speaking over social media in September 2017, adding he was 'very happy' to be heading to Cardiff from Nantes.

'It made me really glad because he was very happy,' she said. 'It was his dream, to play in the Premier League, the best competition in the world.'

When his body was brought ashore from the Channel, she wrote online: 'Like you always said to me: "Thank you for being how you are." I'm going to love you forever!'

The volleyball star added: 'What I wanted was for him to come back. There are lots of people asking me horrible things about the accident. It's really difficult.'

She said that Sala was a 'simple person' with a pure heart and had no bad intentions. Luiza described him being surprised when people praised him in the street for his performances on the pitch.

Luiza said she clung onto hope after Sala disappeared because hope was all she had in the immediate aftermath.

Sala died from massive injuries to his head and chest and could only be identified by his fingerprints, an inquest heard yesterday.

But the body of his pilot David Ibbotson was not found in the wreckage of the Piper Malibu that disappeared over the Channel last month.

Brendan Allen, acting senior coroner for Dorset, adjourned proceedings in Bournemouth until November 6 for a pre-inquest review.

He told the hearing this was because an Air Accidents Investigation Branch inquiry into the tragedy could take between six months and a year.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Volleyball star, 31, claims she had secret affair with S

Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:44 pm

How could it have been an "affair" if he wasn't married or going out with anyone else at the time?

Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:54 pm

davids wrote:How could it have been an "affair" if he wasn't married or going out with anyone else at the time?

its just the daily mail mate

the other papers used terms like secret lover and secret relationship.

Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:21 am

Maybe she was in a relationship

Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:10 am

Maybe they kept it quiet not to be trolled by some sad dicks.

Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:18 pm

davids wrote:How could it have been an "affair" if he wasn't married or going out with anyone else at the time?

How newspapers make stories out of nothing...

Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:59 pm

Perhaps she'd been out with 'Savigma' beforehand? ;) :laughing6:

Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:30 am

Why do these type of people come out of the woodwork when a person cannot defend the accusation.