Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vincent Tan

Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:20 pm

I've just seen he has donated £50000 for the fund to find David ibbotson. What a fantastic gesture from him. This may be a view disagreed with by many but I think we are very lucky to have an owner like him. Credit where credit is due.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204966

Re: Vincent Tan

Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:29 pm

Well said and da iawn Mr Vincent Tan. In the past he has also given sums to local charities and hospitals in South Wales.
Compared to a lot of our previous owners and a lot of owners in other clubs we have been fortunate.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:33 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204966 :bluebird:

Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:47 pm

Well done Vincent :clap:

Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:13 pm

Lengee wrote:Well said and da iawn Mr Vincent Tan. In the past he has also given sums to local charities and hospitals in South Wales.
Compared to a lot of our previous owners and a lot of owners in other clubs we have been fortunate.

Superb, well done Vincent fantastic gesture !!!

Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:16 pm

Mods happy for this to be merged with my post rather than duplicate.

Fabulous gesture, generous man - though obviously very sad reason for it.

:clap:

Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:43 pm

well done Vincent Tan

Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:12 pm

Can't fault Vincent. What a great guy.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:49 pm

Just seen it on Jim whites twitter.

I also seen a sad little man trying to shit stir in the comments talking along the same lines as a LE MONDE post.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:19 pm

welshrarebit wrote:I've just seen he has donated £50000 for the fund to find David ibbotson. What a fantastic gesture from him. This may be a view disagreed with by many but I think we are very lucky to have an owner like him. Credit where credit is due.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204966

We are indeed very,very lucky,he has not only kept our heads above water,he is teaching us to swim, :occasion5: well done Mr Tan :thumbup: :bluebird:

Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:28 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:Just seen it on Jim whites twitter.

I also seen a sad little man trying to shit stir in the comments talking along the same lines as a LE MONDE post.

probably that bitter twisted cockney nomark daya.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:23 pm

I can remember the Jack's American owners having ago at VT about the way he ran CCFC when they turned up at the Liberty 3 years ago.

Would you now swap those gold diggers for our amazingly generous owner? ;)

Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:52 pm

Top man vinny

Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:35 pm

fantastic gesture :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:05 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I can remember the Jack's American owners having ago at VT about the way he ran CCFC when they turned up at the Liberty 3 years ago.

Spot on Tony :thumbup:

Vincent I salute you :notworthy:

Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:04 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I can remember the Jack's American owners having ago at VT about the way he ran CCFC when they turned up at the Liberty 3 years ago.

Ah, Swansea; now there's a lesson in mis-management, if ever there was one! :thumbright:

They should write a book and call it "The Rise and Fall of Reginald Jack" :laughing6:

Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:18 am

Sven wrote:

Ah, Swansea; now there's a lesson in mis-management, if ever there was one! :thumbright:

They should write a book and call it "The Rise and Fall of Reginald Jack" :laughing6:

:laughing5: :laughing5:

Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:22 am

Sven wrote:

it should also be a lesson to the Tan out brigade { doubt they see it though }.

Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:46 am

dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:

They see it alright mate but they are too manly to admit things move on and an opinion that once had a point is now hopelessly out of date.In fact my humble opinion is we've never been so well regarded by the footballing world in general and that starts from Mr Tan.

Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:08 am

Amazing gesture, now that the club is back the way it should be I just hope everyone can find it in them to forgive Tan and move on together...

Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:14 pm

T1JMO wrote:Amazing gesture, now that the club is back the way it should be I just hope everyone can find it in them to forgive Tan and move on together...

At this moment in time, we are an amazing club. (especially given the circumstances)

Throughout the whole club, from top to bottom. We are very, very lucky.

:bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:50 pm

Sven wrote:

From a Queen back to a tramp :laughing6:

Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:51 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:

They see it alright mate but they are too manly to admit things move on and an opinion that once had a point is now hopelessly out of date.In fact my humble opinion is we've never been so well regarded by the footballing world in general and that starts from Mr Tan.

Spot on :thumbup:

Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:56 pm

He made a mistake that's for sure but then most people have especially in footballer. I think if you can right a wrong in football then you do more than most. You only have to look at other owners to just abandon the clubs having promised the world.

Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:05 pm

Well done Mr Tan. Now proven to be an excellent owner.

Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:26 pm

2blue2handle wrote:He made a mistake that's for sure but then most people have especially in footballer. I think if you can right a wrong in football then you do more than most. You only have to look at other owners to just abandon the clubs having promised the world.

He did make mistakes but that's how we learn... if you look at the state of the club now it looks like he really did know what he was doing all along...

Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:45 pm

Very honourable Vincent. I'd also like to thank Mam for all her advice. :clap:

Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:02 pm

T1JMO wrote:Amazing gesture, now that the club is back the way it should be I just hope everyone can find it in them to forgive Tan and move on together...

aint happening.

conspicuous by their absence as normal.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:22 pm

dogfound wrote:

aint happening.

conspicuous by their absence as normal.

Yeah. But really it says more about them than Tan

Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:33 pm

T1JMO wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:He made a mistake that's for sure but then most people have especially in footballer. I think if you can right a wrong in football then you do more than most. You only have to look at other owners to just abandon the clubs having promised the world.

He did make mistakes but that's how we learn... if you look at the state of the club now it looks like he really did know what he was doing all along...

The same ones on here well never thank him no matter what he dose. I think he is the best chairman we have had in my 40 years of being a city fan, ok he made a big mistake but turned it around, who can honestly say they have never made a mistake in life.