Sala:"This Plane Seems Like It's Falling To Pieces "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:22 pm

'This plane seems like it is falling to pieces. They need to send someone to find me. I am getting scared!' Cardiff City star's last WhatsApp messages to friends before his plane vanished over the Channel

A Whatsapp audio note has emerged of Premier League footballer Emiliano Sala speaking from doomed flight

From the plane Sala told a group of close friends 'I am now aboard a plan that seems like it is falling to pieces'

He later said he was 'getting scared' and told them to send someone to find him if they didn't hear from him
Sala and his pilot disappeared at 8.30pm last night in the Piper Malibu off the coast of Alderney in the Channel

28-year-old forward had left Nantes yesterday evening to travel to Cardiff to report for training this morning
Sala posted photo on Instagram saying his 'last goodbye' to former teammates hours before plane vanished
A rescue search was halted overnight. Authorities said survival chances for anyone in the water were 'slim
TopCat CCFC

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " This Plane Seems Like It's Falling To Pieces "

Postby celt_td » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:27 pm

Attachments
CEA3FC44-28F3-47E7-AB1F-F723BE76920D.jpeg
CEA3FC44-28F3-47E7-AB1F-F723BE76920D.jpeg (154.82 KiB) Viewed 10004 times
celt_td

Postby Bazforth » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:34 pm

I don't think now is the appropriate time for such speculation.

I'm sure a full investigation will be conducted in the fullness of time.
Bazforth

Postby stickywicket » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:38 pm

I could cry.
He should have been on an easyjet flight for fucks sake
stickywicket

Postby rhblue » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:45 pm

stickywicket wrote:I could cry.

On a poxy 1 propeller light aircraft from the 80s with one pilot
Absolute joke
rhblue

Postby Ibby » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:59 pm

Upsetting stuff he should have been on a proper airline. Let's hope he is found alive, first guys i hope he is still alive. I had a crap day today and had tears in my eyes.
Ibby

Postby Logie » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:14 am

Is it true the plane is one of Tans? Everything about Sala joining is like something out of a film. From getting him interested to sorting a fee, flying back and forth, dodgy planes and unusual flight route.

God dam crazy and its cost 2 people their life
Logie

Postby rhblue » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:21 am

Logie wrote:Is it true the plane is one of Tans? Everything about Sala joining is like something out of a film. From getting him interested to sorting a fee, flying back and forth, dodgy planes and unusual flight route.

God dam crazy and its cost 2 people their life

Can only imagine what was going through their heads at that time hopefully not tans but heard that it might be
rhblue

Postby Wombat_LCFC » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:27 am

Cardiff fans.... your club and supporters were so gracious to Leicester team and fans after the recent helicopter tragedy, now it seems you have a tragedy of your own to deal with.

I am sure everyone is confused and saddened about the apparent loss of this fine young man, ready to embark on an exciting new chapter of his life playing Premiership football for a fabled club.

We stand behind you, with same solidarity and prayers, as you stood behind us. Such a sad story :cry:
Wombat_LCFC

Postby fred keenor » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:12 am

Questions need to be asked about how this plane was chosen.

Suggested before they had used Eastern airlnes whos fleet include Jetsreams and EMBRAER ERJ135, Modern aircraft with 2 engines.

Cannot believe the lad was on that plane , so so sad.
fred keenor

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:18 am

Was reading through this yesterday on a pilot forum. Questions need to be asked alright.

https://www.pprune.org/accidents-close- ... and-3.html

Also noticed the search planes searched along the shoreline on British side. Still hoping for a miracle they are stuck in tree tops and no one found them yet, however unlikely.
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby fred keenor » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:31 am

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:Was reading through this yesterday on a pilot forum. Questions need to be asked alright.

Also noticed the search planes searched along the shoreline on British side. Still hoping for a miracle they are stuck in tree tops and no one found them yet, however unlikely.

Many many questions raised on that forum from experienced pilots, the plane chosen being the first.
This will be questioned no doubt by the media in the coming days and rightly so.
There can be no cover up, if it was to save a few k , that is shocking.
fred keenor

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:44 am

Wombat_LCFC wrote:Cardiff fans.... your club and supporters were so gracious to Leicester team and fans after the recent helicopter tragedy, now it seems you have a tragedy of your own to deal with.

I am sure everyone is confused and saddened about the apparent loss of this fine young man, ready to embark on an exciting new chapter of his life playing Premiership football for a fabled club.

We stand behind you, with same solidarity and prayers, as you stood behind us. Such a sad story :cry:

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts :ayatollah:

Yes you certainly have sadly seen it all as well :cry:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:58 am

fred keenor wrote:
Scandinavianbluebird wrote:Was reading through this yesterday on a pilot forum. Questions need to be asked alright.

Many many questions raised on that forum from experienced pilots, the plane chosen being the first.
This will be questioned no doubt by the media in the coming days and rightly so.
There can be no cover up, if it was to save a few k , that is shocking.

Most notable It was not safe flying that plane at night, in icy conditions over sea. Also seem that icing is the most plausible cause. The plane doesn’t belong to Tan though, as I see some are asking questions about. Until they find some wreckage in sea, I’m not giving up hope they made it to shore. And although some said they did, no official report has found sea wreckage.
Scandinavianbluebird

Re: Sala:"This Plane Seems Like It's Falling To Pieces "

Postby JulesK » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:22 am

Why don't people cut out the blame game surely this is about hope not blame?
These type of plane have flown thousands of times across open water.
Seems to becoming the norm now for ex or retired pilots to suddenly become Air crash investigation experts.
Press as normal just filling pages.
Thought it to become law that ALL planes were to be Black Box fitted and Transponders after MH 370. Doesn't prevent accidents but data would confirm what took place.

Still got slight hope but prepared for the worse.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby Steve Vena » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:25 am

Wolves fan here.....
I know there's fierce rivalry between us at times but there's things more important than football.
Something like this puts things in perspective.
Our thoughts are with you all and to Cardiff City football club.
Lastly to Emiliano and the pilot... I hope the outcome is a good one... We live and hope.... God bless you all.... Steve Venables.
Steve Vena

Postby bluebird7291 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:30 am

Everyone's jumping to conclusions with very little knowledge.
The Plane has been confirmed as fine to fly in conditions and distance. With a highly experienced pilot, who would never have taken the risk if it was classed as a risk.

End of the day no one knows the cause to what has happened.
bluebird7291

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:35 am

JulesK wrote:Why don't people cut out the blame game surely this is about hope not blame?
Seems to becoming the norm now for ex or retired pilots to suddenly become Air crash investigation experts.
Thought it to become law that ALL planes were to be Black Box fitted and Transponders after MH 370. Doesn't prevent accidents but data would confirm what took place.

Why do you jump to conclusions on blame? No one is. Different people react in different ways. Some sit and morn, some look for connections and answers. I don’t know much about aviation. But the people on that forum do. And they say it was not safe. They say there are noblack boxes or anything like that. And that is exactly why people look for connections, for hope. Original message was released by Salas closest friends and confirmed by his family. Why is that, you think? Why do people sit hours and hours watching flight radar on the search planes? Cut out the “Svenism”, and let people share information.
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:44 am

"If in an hour and a half you have no news from me, I don't know if they will send people to look for me, because they will not find me, you know. I'm so scared," he added.

The publication said the message was verified by Sala's father, Horacio Sala.

Reports in France claimed he had told Nicolas Pallois, a team-mate who drove him to the airport, that the trip "had been bumpy and he feared his safety for the journey back". However, Sala looked happy hours before take off, posting pictures with his former teammates. On one he poignantly wrote "the last goodbye".

Cardiff have been in contact with Sala's family as they wait for news.

Nantes president Waldemar Kita added on the French club's website: "I'll always have hope, he's a fighter. It's not over, maybe he's somewhere."

Fulham manager Claudio Ranieri, who coached Sala at Nantes, added in a statement on Twitter: "I was devastated to hear the news. Emiliano is a wonderful character.

"He's a fighter. The world of football will be united in wishing for some positive news. I pray for Emiliano and his family."

French sports newspaper L'Equipe carried the search for Sala on its front page on Wednesday with the headline: "The disappearance of a warrior".
TopCat CCFC

Postby JulesK » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:58 am

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:
JulesK wrote:Why don't people cut out the blame game surely this is about hope not blame?

Why do you jump to conclusions on blame? No one is. Different people react in different ways. Some sit and morn, some look for connections and answers. I don’t know much about aviation. But the people on that forum do. And they say it was not safe. They say there are noblack boxes or anything like that. And that is exactly why people look for connections, for hope. Original message was released by Salas closest friends and confirmed by his family. Why is that, you think? Why do people sit hours and hours watching flight radar on the search planes? Cut out the “Svenism”, and let people share information.

Not wanting to argue as you really are not worth it but.
1. Who have I blamed? Suggest you read earlier postscin this thread.
2. How do they know it's not safe? Pilot does his own checks.
3. I actually stated I THOUGHT black boxes and Transponders were being made law on aircraft.
4. Are you saying that All the press releases are accurate?
5. I am not Sven so get back in your box.

Ps. It's mourn.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:19 am

The single-turbine engine Piper PA-46 Malibu, carrying the footballer and his pilot, left Nantes at 7.15pm for Cardiff and was flying at an altitude of 5,000ft.

As it was passing Guernsey, the pilot “requested descent” but Jersey air traffic control lost contact while it was flying at 2,300ft around 15 miles north of Guernsey.

Rescue teams were scrambled but were unable to find anything on Monday night or throughout Tuesday.

Nantes supporters sang songs in support of Sala in the heart of the city on Tuesday night.

The club, nicknamed the Canaries, called for supporters to join together at Place Royale on Tuesday evening, where yellow tulips and other tributes were laid.
Sala’s father Horacio told Argentinian news channel C5N he was “desperate” after hearing the plane was missing.

“I was working, I can’t believe it. I am desperate,” he said. “Hopefully there will be good news.”

He added: “I don’t know what could have happened. My family knew nothing, I told them.”
TopCat CCFC

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:44 am

The Following is from " The Guernsey Press " .....

The plane, a single-engined Piper PA-46 Malibu, was travelling from Nantes when air traffic controllers lost contact at around 8.30pm near the Casquets Lighthouse.

The pilot did not issue a distress call.

Flight tracking website Flightradar24 said that it had no record of the aircraft and speculated that either it was flying too low or had a very old transponder.

The incident gained international media coverage on both the news and sports pages.

Many current players, including French World Cup winner Kylian Mbappe, and pundits were quick to express their desire for the missing aircraft to be found.

Similar statements were released by both Cardiff City and Nantes, who have cancelled training and games whilst the plane is still missing.
TopCat CCFC

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:40 am

CARDIFF CITY DID NOT BOOK THIS PLANE - SSN and Confirmed by Dalman .
TopCat CCFC

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:38 pm

Having flown in aircraft simular size they do shake about in wind/turbulence and as he's apparently not keen on flying it probably appeared worse than his message indicates. ;)
pembroke allan

Postby Dahboy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:41 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Having flown in aircraft simular size they do shake about in wind/turbulence and as he's apparently not keen on flying it probably appeared worse than his message indicates. ;)

Apparently he was right to be concerned if you ask me.
Dahboy

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:44 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Having flown in aircraft simular size they do shake about in wind/turbulence and as he's apparently not keen on flying it probably appeared worse than his message indicates. ;)

Apperantly not Allan, seems his concerns where justified. And like numerous pilots say in that pilot forum. The plane was not safe to fly in those conditions.
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby KWest » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:55 pm

This seems an absurd comment to make, given his plane DID crash not long after he sent his message.
KWest

Postby JohnnyR » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:13 pm

I wanted to register and pay my respects as a Swansea fan for what, now seems, inevitable. Such a horrific tragedy to a young man and the pilot,

Many Swansea fan are wanting to pay our own respects
for this horrific tragedy which unites all of football as one.
JohnnyR

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:47 pm

Guernsey Police said today they are 'prioritising' the theory that the new £15million Cardiff City player and the pilot made it out of the wreckage found floating in the Channel last night.

They are also working on three other possibilities - that the plane was grounded on dry land either in the Channel Islands or France, the pilot and Sala were picked up by a passing ship or they are dead in the water.

It came as aviation experts claimed that the Piper Malibu plane that Sala was travelling in had a 'questionable' safety record with 55 fatal crashes including 24 since 2000.

Former pilot Alastair Rosenschein said the plane may have become iced-up in the Arctic blast currently sweeping across northern Europe including the UK and France.

He said: 'It's already a fairly risky crossing to do in a single engine aircraft, especially in winter and definitely at night. There are icing problems too. It's a strange thing to do though to go and fly over water with one engine at night in winter because if your engine goes you're going in the water'.
TopCat CCFC

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:48 pm

rhblue wrote:
stickywicket wrote:I could cry.

On a poxy 1 propeller light aircraft from the 80s with one pilot
Absolute joke

Plus it had 3 or 4 technical difficulties :shock: but unfortunately there's no point on dwelling on it. Rip to the both. :cry:
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird

Next

Return to General Chat