“ Four stumbling blocks regarding Sala signing “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:29 pm

Just my strong opinion as a football fan:

Nantes striker Emiliano Sala

First: The fee Nantes want £20mill, City offered £13mill.

Second: Nantes have to pay 50% of the selling fee to Bordeux, that’s why they are asking so much.

Third: Sala not 100% sure he wants to come to Cardiff City.

Fourth: Sala’s agent sending out publicity to every media outlet looking to get more money from another club and will keep pushing this until hopefully for Cardiff another club does not come in for him.

I do hear City are prepared to pay Sala’s wage demands , but not the clubs asking fee.

Cardiff still want Sala.

?
Attachments
76F3F2C4-092B-4EB1-B0AF-1F444931FD44.jpeg
76F3F2C4-092B-4EB1-B0AF-1F444931FD44.jpeg (74.36 KiB) Viewed 6648 times
9F60D553-4971-469B-9CD0-DEDD4E5516F7.jpeg
9F60D553-4971-469B-9CD0-DEDD4E5516F7.jpeg (166.36 KiB) Viewed 6919 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ Four stumbling blocks regarding Sala signing “

Postby Dahboy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:36 pm

I would move on quickly.
Dahboy

Postby Paul Keevil » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:37 pm

Most agents tend to get around 10%

Hope his agent realises that he is about to lose £1.3m
Looking for a Photographer?

Accredited Champions League, Premiership and FL Photographer
Cover RL, RU, Motorsport etc
Accredited - 2012 Olympic Games
Attend "Celebrity Events" - papping
Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Postby bluebird58 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:37 pm

They aren't unusual stumbling blocks for any transfer during this window - there will be lots of other players and agents trying to pull the same stunt.

What worries me is that no-one else appears to be interested, despite many teams near the bottom of the table needing a striker (Huddersfield and Southampton to name but 2).

Have we out bid everyone else, having spent little last summer, or does no-one else rate him?

Hmm :?:
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby Bluebird1990 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:52 pm

Give them nothing, give his agent nothing.
Bluebird1990

Postby thomasblue » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:05 pm

I've said from the start this transfer was strange. I really believe we need to move on.

I think the truth behind the Niasse deal being stalled is the fact we are waiting to see if Sala commits and if not Niasse is the back up plan.
thomasblue

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:16 pm

That's his agents job, I'd want him to do the same if Sala wouldn't you?
2blue2handle

Postby BarryWelsh88 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:17 pm

This transfer is not stranger than any other though is it. It’s typical of most transfers
BarryWelsh88

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:17 pm

He's shot his bolt.
If he's going to bugger about like this before he signs , imagine how he'll act to get his own way once he's in the team.
Seems to me from the outside of any negotiations that he's a man who will demand more when you agree to his terms, very like a blackmailer to be quite frank.

I'm personally not convinced that he's worth having anyway, and I'd be worried that he's just having a good run rather like Gary Madine apparently was - there's no consistent record of goal scoring. However I've got enough respect for Sir Neil to accept that he's seen something I haven't and complete confidence in his judgement , which is why I didn't express doubts at the outset.

If we're going to spend that sort of money, let's buy a decent championship striker like Maupay to work with Niasse or be his understudy AND buy a proper dedicated Right Full Back for decent money because that's our biggest problem without doubt. After that we can get another good midfielder if possible and we'd be set up to accumulate points in the forthcoming vital period.

The only thing which I don't understand is why the club is not making its position clear at this stage, and that makes me worry that they're still chasing him.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby nubbsy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:01 pm

Let's f**k this guy off and spend our money elsewhere. I'm sick of hearing his name.
nubbsy

Postby ch1ppy82 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:06 pm

move on !! for me id rather the money go on camasara getting signed permenantly if the rumours are true get okasaki in atleast hes got prem experence
ch1ppy82

Postby northernbluebird » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:10 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:This transfer is not stranger than any other though is it. It’s typical of most transfers

i agree, the difference here is that you have an agent keeping the press up to date at every stage, presumably in an attempt to generate more interest in his client's services.
northernbluebird

Postby buckleys brewery » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:26 pm

Sky now saying deal finalised but Nantes need him for one more game.
buckleys brewery

Postby royalblue » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:26 pm

Sky sports reporting Cardiff have struck a deal of 18million with Nantes but Nantes want him to play 1 more game.
ONCE A BLUE, ALWAYS A BLUE
royalblue

Postby ch1ppy82 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:32 pm

im confused how can we agree a deal but nantes want him for another game could you imagine the fallout if a deal is inplace then he plays sunday then gets injured then we would be screwed
ch1ppy82

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:34 pm

bluebird58 wrote:They aren't unusual stumbling blocks for any transfer during this window - there will be lots of other players and agents trying to pull the same stunt.

What worries me is that no-one else appears to be interested, despite many teams near the bottom of the table needing a striker (Huddersfield and Southampton to name but 2).

Have we out bid everyone else, having spent little last summer, or does no-one else rate him?

Hmm :?:

Or simply he doesn't fit in with their footballing styles not every player can play for any club can they?
pembroke allan

Postby buckleys brewery » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:36 pm

ch1ppy82 wrote:im confused how can we agree a deal but nantes want him for another game could you imagine the fallout if a deal is inplace then he plays sunday then gets injured then we would be screwed

It is a strange one. Assume they’ve got injuries to their other strikers. Would he complete his medical with us, before Newcastle game?
buckleys brewery

Postby ch1ppy82 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:41 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:
ch1ppy82 wrote:im confused how can we agree a deal but nantes want him for another game could you imagine the fallout if a deal is inplace then he plays sunday then gets injured then we would be screwed

It is a strange one. Assume they’ve got injuries to their other strikers. Would he complete his medical with us, before Newcastle game?

if he did i not 100% i dont think he can play anyways it will be 99.9% arsenal first game
ch1ppy82

Postby wakey77 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:54 pm

Cardiff agree Sala 18m deal- Sky sports
Attachments
Screenshot_2019-01-17-21-53-08.png
Screenshot_2019-01-17-21-53-08.png (1.03 MiB) Viewed 3246 times
wakey77

Postby Chris Holmes » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:29 pm

Don't forget to charge your phone ...only 13% battery
Chris Holmes

Postby nubbsy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:33 pm

royalblue wrote:Sky sports reporting Cardiff have struck a deal of 18million with Nantes but Nantes want him to play 1 more game.

That is so bizarre. 18m deal in the balance and you risk your player getting Injured for one game????
nubbsy

Postby Llan_Blue » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:34 am

nubbsy wrote:
royalblue wrote:Sky sports reporting Cardiff have struck a deal of 18million with Nantes but Nantes want him to play 1 more game.

That is so bizarre. 18m deal in the balance and you risk your player getting Injured for one game????

What your all forgetting is that they won’t get all the 18 million.
Bordeaux will get a bigger chunk of it then they will. So maybe the three points against a relegation rival is worth more money to them.
Llan_Blue

Postby Welshman in CA » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:17 am

I'm not getting a warm & fuzzy feeling about this transfer. I hope I'm totally wrong but this reminds me of all the hype around Zohore after the half a season he was knocking them in for fun.
Welshman in CA

Postby plymouthbloobirds » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:35 am

pmsl, "so he's signed for the bluebirds but they want him to play one more game". link to this please? im sure sky wouldnt report that a player has signed for a team but the team want him to play another game for his previous club :laughing6:
plymouthbloobirds

Postby plymouthbloobirds » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:12 am

They player has reportedly been an if only player, in other words, could have should have did'nt. he was once reputed to be a very very good prospect. However, he has bounced around clubs and not really cut the mustard wherever he has been, the french press are also stating that Cardiff City FC are desperate for sala to be their saviour!!!! (fact). a lot of this i would imagine has a lot to do with the inflation of mediocre players not doing very well with top sides and their agents trying to make a million or two from their demise when a top club want rid. mark mckay his agent is renound for making money of the back of this type of player. Based in Monaco, he has a lot to do with players that have shown a lot of prospect in their earlier careers especially when they come from poorer nations. In other words.... It smacks of Sala's club want rid, Sala will go anywhere to make a lot of money and still stall for more money regardless, and his agent has a rep with players of this calibre, and being shit, just ask Sunderland fans. Cardiff City F.C. should keep the game up and try and sign this player until they get more desperate for money then pull the plug on the deal on the french club he plays for, his agent, and more importantly. the crap way this transaction has been conducted, it's a complete farce now and if we do sign him...god help us :notworthy:
plymouthbloobirds

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:58 am

I agree Sky has just put this out and fingers cross all other agreements are now in place as I still believe they were the major stumbling blocks.

BREAKING NEWS

Sky sources understand Cardiff City have agreed a deal to sign Emiliano Sala but it is being held up because Nantes want him to play one final game for them - against Angers on Sunday.

Cardiff want to complete the deal in time for Sala to play at Newcastle on Saturday.

The Argentinian striker has agreed personal terms and is waiting for permission to fly to Cardiff for a medical.

The fee is believed to be in the region of £18m.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Return to General Chat