Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

AN AUSTRALIAN VIEW ON BREXIT (HARD TO DISAGREE)

Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:01 pm

People should go on line and look at the video of the Australian commentator who gave her opinion on what's gone wrong and what the UK needs to do about Brexit

It was a superb watch and I defy anyone (on either side) to say she hasn't got some great things to say on the matter!

I tried to download it but wasn't able

Take a look here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AslpWRdR2ZE

Re: AN AUSTRALIAN VIEW ON BREXIT (HARD TO DISAGREE)

Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:10 pm

f*cking convicts.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:13 pm

Says it all really...

Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:18 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:f*cking convicts.

What an intelligent remark that wasn't! ;) :roll: :oops:

Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:19 pm

Sven wrote:

What will be the longest negotiations? Brexit or Sala? :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:30 pm

Sven wrote:

No banter allowed with the Aussies? Ok mate. So sorry you got triggered by my remark.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:22 pm

A great review of the shambles

I didn't mid the concept of the United States of Europe but we opted against the EURO
Technically at that point -we out.

You cant sit on the fence - if you are in and remain - you must lead it as the main financial centre of europe was in London.
We've grizzled our role in europe for 30 years plus, we never really accepted it -
I didn't vote as I can see the benefits of remaining and leaving and couldn't choose.

If you leave, then what that Australian has said, is the way you do it.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:24 pm

I think New Zealand and Australia have some sort of trade and regulatory alignment re goods / standards / services etc.
But I dont think they make each others laws, have a common currency, scrap border / passport checks etc.
Although Aussies and kiwis (I think ) are free to go and work in either country.

And why wouldnt they - they have a common language, a common culture (of sorts). There is a lot of season work available in both countries. I know that individual Aussie states have border checks on goods and produce being brought into each state - mainly for disease issues , insects etc

Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:27 pm

eddiep wrote:A great review of the shambles

I didn't mid the concept of the United States of Europe but we opted against the EURO

You cant sit on the fence - if you are in and remain - you must lead it as the main financial centre of europe was in London.
We've grizzled our role in europe for 30 years plus, we never really accepted it -
I didn't vote as I can see the benefits of remaining and leaving and couldn't choose.

The concept of United states of Europe means that we hand over every part of our country to an unelected quango who will dictate everything we do plus it will be mandatory for the euro currency to be used that's what it means! And we won't have a say in anything bit like now. :o

Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:43 pm

Sven wrote:People should go on line and look at the video of the Australian commentator who gave her opinion on what's gone wrong and what the UK needs to do about Brexit

It was a superb watch and I defy anyone (on either side) to say she hasn't got some great things to say on the matter!

Take a look here...

Get lost with you're politics mate.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:57 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

The concept of United states of Europe means that we hand over every part of our country to an unelected quango who will dictate everything we do plus it will be mandatory for the euro currency to be used that's what it means! And we won't have a say in anything bit like now. :o

'Unelected quango' don't (or didn't) we have European Elections when we can elect MEPs?
Using the Euro hasn't done to badly for somewhere like Ireland, now one of the richest countries in Europe (about the same size as Wales).

Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:07 pm

BlueGog wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

'Unelected quango' don't (or didn't) we have European Elections when we can elect MEPs?
Using the Euro hasn't done to badly for somewhere like Ireland, now one of the richest countries in Europe (about the same size as Wales).

We elected them to represent us in Europe but who elected junkers ect ect ,you didn't nor did anyone from France germany elect the EU council or whatever it's called that runs europe ! Ireland rely heavily on EU so do greece Italy and several other countries it's UK germany that props up Europe take us out and who is going to make up the 50billion shortfall we contribute? I know Ireland it's that rich! :laughing6:

Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:10 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:08 pm

BlueGog wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Awesome example Ireland went bust ....

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:36 pm

Ireland is bust, and is being taken to court by the EU, for non-regulation of company tax.
As usual, Bluegog talking out of his hat.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:18 pm

BlueGog wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Ireland is not one of the richest countries in Europe...quite the opposite

Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:21 pm

Sven wrote:People should go on line and look at the video of the Australian commentator who gave her opinion on what's gone wrong and what the UK needs to do about Brexit

Take a look here...

Or perhaps you shouldn't post politics on a football forum.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:40 pm

Agree every word,don’t think Diane Abbott penned that

Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:21 am

stevee1966 wrote:

Take a look here...

Or perhaps you shouldn't post politics on a football forum.

The topic was relevant, given recent threads/posts on the subject :thumbright:

No one asked or forced you to read it and/or comment but you did. Sadly, your response was all too predictable, as seen here...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=203950&p=2083630#p2083630 :roll: :oops: