Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sky Sports still saying Cardiff want Sala, But

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:48 am

CARDIFF STILL WANT SALA

CARDIFF STILL WANT SALA

SKY SPORTS:

We understand Cardiff are still working on a deal to sign Nantes striker Emiliano Sala - despite the imminent arrival of Oumar Niasse on loan from Everton.

Thursday 17th January 2019

We understand Cardiff are still working on a deal to sign Nantes striker Emiliano Sala - despite the imminent arrival of Oumar Niasse on loan from Everton.

Nantes want £20million, Cardiff have offered £13million.

Sala also needs more persuading to come to the Welsh club.

Sala came on as a substitue last for Nantes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Sky Sports still saying Cardiff want Sala But

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:50 am

Niasse is a great signing. Genuinely think another decent striker and serve the got a great chance of staying up. This Sala debarcle is really annoying me. I'd like us to tell him to stuff it but there doesn't seem to be many other options

Re: Sky Sports still saying Cardiff want Sala, But

Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:19 am

I would honestly forget Sala and go for Brentfords Maupay.

He will be half the price and will suit our style.

Getting him and Niasse covers all the bases, we have enough firepower to stay up but if the worse happens and we go diwn we have a very good striker to fire us back up without crippling us financially

Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:22 am

BAMBA CREW wrote:Niasse is a great signing. Genuinely think another decent striker and serve the got a great chance of staying up. This Sala debarcle is really annoying me. I'd like us to tell him to stuff it but there doesn't seem to be many other options

I still think in the background that tan is still thinking about the Cornelius transfer and maybe concerned that this is another more expensive flop.
I think if we get niasse across the line today Warnock will rely on him and zohore and tan won’t waste money on a player who clearly is struggling to commit to playing for us. Personally he’s messed us about so much the last week I don’t particularly want him here

Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:32 am

Sala saga leaving a tangy taste that could turn bitter
If we did eventually get him after all this and he doesn't bang
Them in quickly, the fans will turn against him.

I'm all for quality coming but think we should move on
And not waste time and money.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:33 am

Kevin Ratcliffe just been on radio wales doesn't rate niasse very much at all.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:37 am

skiprat wrote:Kevin Ratcliffe just been on radio wales doesn't rate niasse very much at all.

There’s a surprise the guys got negative energy flowing through his veins

Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:01 am

So the reports of us upping our bid, and Nantes agreeing the deal, and Sala saying he wants to join Cardiff are all rubbish according to this story then.

What the f**k is going on!

Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:02 am

skiprat wrote:Kevin Ratcliffe just been on radio wales doesn't rate niasse very much at all.

I don’t rate Kevin Ratcliffe very much at all.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:27 am

BlueDredd wrote:So the reports of us upping our bid, and Nantes agreeing the deal, and Sala saying he wants to join Cardiff are all rubbish according to this story then.

What the f**k is going on!

In all fairness, it seems the club has had a number of irons in the fire in terms of a striker and even if we get Niasse over the line, we still need reinforcements in midfield, CB and right back. With Niasse taking the last loan option we have in the EPL we can only realistically get the other reinforcements in by buying them outright. Common sense would suggest that must throw huge doubts on the Sala deal surely on our limited budget especially with the apparent issues still bubblimg around that deal in any case?

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:42 am

Reckon it is time to give up on Sala, Brentford guy might be better and Neil tends to work well with relative unknowns on the way up, rather than a guy who is clearly holding on for a bigger club to come in. 20 mins off the bench the other night tells us 15 million is way too much for him I think

Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:46 am

Everton fans don’t rate niasse either.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:05 am

Paul’s Taxi wrote:Everton fans don’t rate niasse either.

Sky Sports still just reporting about us having both Niasse and Sala in!!

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:07 am

steve davies wrote:
BAMBA CREW wrote:Niasse is a great signing. Genuinely think another decent striker and serve the got a great chance of staying up. This Sala debarcle is really annoying me. I'd like us to tell him to stuff it but there doesn't seem to be many other options

I still think in the background that tan is still thinking about the Cornelius transfer and maybe concerned that this is another more expensive flop.
I think if we get niasse across the line today Warnock will rely on him and zohore and tan won’t waste money on a player who clearly is struggling to commit to playing for us. Personally he’s messed us about so much the last week I don’t particularly want him here

Sounds like Tan is being sensible on this one then. Don’t know much about Sala, but listening to Blakey’s Boot yesterday, he doesn’t seem to fit our “style of play”.
Besides, I hope we don’t spunk all the transfer money on one player. We need more.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:13 am

Paul’s Taxi wrote:Everton fans don’t rate niasse either.

Tbf he hasn't had a chance to play this season, he may be hungry for games. Just because a Europe level club don't rate him (well usually Europe level, they're shit this year), doesn't mean he won't fit with us! :bluescarf:

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:13 am

We're supposed to be in for Okazaki as well. I'd prefer to sign him than Sala....less of a risk. Very hard working and he'd thrive as a number 10.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:40 am

Forever Blue wrote:CARDIFF STILL WANT SALA

Thursday 17th January 2019

Nantes want £20million, Cardiff have offered £13million.

Sala also needs more persuading to come to the Welsh club.

Sala came on as a substitue last for Nantes.

our club need to release some sort of statement regarding this. not normal I know , but with so many conflicting stories coming from Nantes and agents and then the visit to the CCS I believe our fans deserve an explanation.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:32 am

I agree.
I don't think there's much sense in trying to play Niasse and Sala and I really can't see all that much ability in Sala considering the fuss and money being demanded. The issue and the man is becoming bigger than the club and that might be a big problem if he came here.
Whether we need or can afford another striker in addition to Niasse I'm not sure but I'm pleased with the signing and I don't want this other primadonna to continue detracting from the transfer we've done or the new player himself. If ,as has been suggested here, Mr Tan is concerned about Sala being another Cornelius, I think he's right to be.
In short, this whole circus needs to be concluded at this point and a statement from the club would do that.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:35 am

Niasse is a huge gamble

Not one I would have taken

There are better in the championship

Lets hope Warnock can wave his magic wand with this one

Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:40 am

It's only a circus because fans buy into all the media BS.Some of the conjecture in the absence of facts never fails to amaze me.It is a bit of a saga but I'll bet the least responsible for it all is the lad himself.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:55 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:It's only a circus because fans buy into all the media BS.Some of the conjecture in the absence of facts never fails to amaze me.It is a bit of a saga but I'll bet the least responsible for it all is the lad himself.

normally I would agree, the Lewis Grabban rumoured transfer last season is a good example of multi threads based on supposed reliable/respected sources that were anything but. 90% done,95% done then whoosh he was gone elsewhere.

this is different ,the player has been to our club ,our manager and other club officials have been back and fore to France and both Nantes and agents have made various comments in the press.

think the club need to clarify.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:14 am

eddiep wrote:Niasse is a huge gamble

Not one I would have taken

There are better in the championship

Lets hope Warnock can wave his magic wand with this one

Who'd you have from the Championship that's less of a gamble mate?

Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:19 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:I agree.
I don't think there's much sense in trying to play Niasse and Sala and I really can't see all that much ability in Sala considering the fuss and money being demanded. The issue and the man is becoming bigger than the club and that might be a big problem if he came here.
Whether we need or can afford another striker in addition to Niasse I'm not sure but I'm pleased with the signing and I don't want this other primadonna to continue detracting from the transfer we've done or the new player himself. If ,as has been suggested here, Mr Tan is concerned about Sala being another Cornelius, I think he's right to be.
In short, this whole circus needs to be concluded at this point and a statement from the club would do that.

I asked on another thread today for opinions on Sala. I can honestly say I have no idea if he is any good as I have only watched a few youtube clips. I am guessing by the excitement and number of threads on this forum, that most fans know a lot more about him than I do. If you showed two youtube clips, one featuring Sala and the other Zohore, and asked a neutral fan who they would pick based on these clips, I think most would go for Zohore. I assume Sala must actually be a lot better than Zohore as there would be little point in signing someone who is not an improvement on what we already have. I was just wondering what fans have based their opinions on, and what are his strengths in comparison to Zohore. A genuine question as I can honestly say I have no opinion one way or the other as I know next to nothing about him.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:36 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:

I asked on another thread today for opinions on Sala. I can honestly say I have no idea if he is any good as I have only watched a few youtube clips. I am guessing by the excitement and number of threads on this forum, that most fans know a lot more about him than I do. If you showed two youtube clips, one featuring Sala and the other Zohore, and asked a neutral fan who they would pick based on these clips, I think most would go for Zohore. I assume Sala must actually be a lot better than Zohore as there would be little point in signing someone who is not an improvement on what we already have. I was just wondering what fans have based their opinions on, and what are his strengths in comparison to Zohore. A genuine question as I can honestly say I have no opinion one way or the other as I know next to nothing about him.

They've based an opinion on the price tag. People will expect big things if this deal happens and he could well crumble under pressure.
I'd really like us to get him as it seems like Warnock has done proper work on this one so it could turn out a brilliant signing :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:45 am

CARDIFF STILL WANT SALA

SKY SPORTS:

Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:45 am

Completely agree although I've made some sarky or to some maybe negative comments I really don't agree with the way negotiations are going.
He has 12 goals fare enough but I'm not sure if his quality is worth the money and the gamble.

I watched his 20 minutes and he does work hard I agree but I can't see any quality !

I think Reid has an element of quality it's just his size and strength at this level but earnshaw was the same. We should be playing Reid and playing the balls he needs otherwise it's waisted money millions to be exact.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:47 am

Just saw a video of sala in training today :banghead:

Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:53 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

They've based an opinion on the price tag. People will expect big things if this deal happens and he could well crumble under pressure.
I'd really like us to get him as it seems like Warnock has done proper work on this one so it could turn out a brilliant signing :ayatollah:

Not sure if a price tag is the best way to form an opinion. I just hope if he arrives he is worth the money. I can't help but remember how this forum went into a similar frenzy when we signed Owen Doyle. Hopefully, this signing will be just a bit better than that one. Guess we will find out soon enough, providing he actually signs for us.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:54 am

rhblue wrote:Just saw a video of sala in training today :banghead:

Why wouldn’t he be in training?

We’re still working on the fee, so he’s still their player.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:59 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
rhblue wrote:Just saw a video of sala in training today :banghead:

Why wouldn’t he be in training?

We’re still working on the fee, so he’s still their player.

Thought we would be in the final negotiations and signing him today :lol: