Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CARDIFF SHOULD SET THERE SIGHTS ON THESE 2 PLAYERS

Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:24 pm

For the future of the Welsh Capital, i think these 2 fellow welsh internationals should sign for us.

As a Welshman I would absolutely love it if Cardiff City signs both Harry Wilson and Ben Woodburn.
Because let's be honest there is not a better time for Liverpool to bring back both of them to sign for Cardiff. Or maybe Liverpool may let there loan spells at Derby and Sheffield United expire and hopefully Cardiff can sign both on a permanent deal.

Liverpool manager Jurgan Klopp has said he is willing to let Woodburn leave the club. So maybe Cardiff can buy him of the reds and hopefully will let Wilson go to us as well.

Who Agrees?

Re: CARDIFF SHOULD SET THERE SIGHTS ON THESE 2 PLAYERS

Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:38 pm

No chance of getting Wilson on loan as we are full of our quota of Prem loans (if Niasse signs) and even less chance than that of getting him on a permanent deal.

Woodburn couldn’t get into Sheff Utd’s team.

We are actually quite blessed on the wings.

It’s a no for me.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:40 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:For the future of the Welsh Capital, i think these 2 fellow welsh internationals should sign for us.

As a Welshman I would absolutely love it if Cardiff City signs both Harry Wilson and Ben Woodburn.
Because let's be honest there is not a better time for Liverpool to bring back both of them to sign for Cardiff. Or maybe Liverpool may let there loan spells at Derby and Sheffield United expire and hopefully Cardiff can sign both on a permanent deal.

Liverpool manager Jurgan Klopp has said he is willing to let Woodburn leave the club. So maybe Cardiff can buy him of the reds and hopefully will let Wilson go to us as well.

Who Agrees?

It's a football club mate. Not our duty or job to create a future for the Welsh Capital as you put it. Nor is it incumbent on us to employ players because of their nationality.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:49 pm

maccydee wrote:No chance of getting Wilson on loan as we are full of our quota of Prem loans (if Niasse signs) and even less chance than that of getting him on a permanent deal.

It’s a no for me.

Spot on.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:15 pm

maccydee wrote:No chance of getting Wilson on loan as we are full of our quota of Prem loans (if Niasse signs) and even less chance than that of getting him on a permanent deal.

It’s a no for me.

He does not count under the loan rules because of his age also does not count under the 25 squad rules :thumbup:

Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:41 pm

Igovernor wrote:

It’s a no for me.

He does not count under the loan rules because of his age also does not count under the 25 squad rules :thumbup:

It’s not the age, it’s if they’ve come through the youth, if Woodburn or anyone under 23 or whatever, was to join they’d have to be put in the 25 man squad, they only don’t have to be added if they’ve come through the youth team so Coxe wouldn’t have to be in there but people saying healey wouldn’t have to be in there to play is wrong, healey is now too old and would have to be counted, no doubt he’ll end up going back to MK now anyway

Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:41 pm

Igovernor wrote:

It’s a no for me.

He would count under the loan rules.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:05 am

Ben woodburn seriously no

Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:24 am

The OP seems to have this strange attitude where he would be happy if we were back in the lower leagues, but the entire squad were from Wales.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:20 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:The OP seems to have this strange attitude where he would be happy if we were back in the lower leagues, but the entire squad were from Wales.

The OP post is somewhat annoying because:
Our prioirty is for players in other positions.
One of them is almost certainly not available.
The OP's persistent errors of grammar - for one who sees himself as a bit of a blogger/journalist he really needs to sort this out.

But I would not dismiss the notion of the team which represents the Capital City of Wales being built around talented Welsh Players. I think such a policy would strengthen supporter bonds with the club and attract new fans. It would also set us apart from other clubs. I do not accept your supposition that there is a natural link between having a largely Welsh squad and being in the lower divisions.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:43 am

If we could get woodburn on a free for the U23's maybe otherwise of course not.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:08 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:The OP seems to have this strange attitude where he would be happy if we were back in the lower leagues, but the entire squad were from Wales.

No different to those who would be happy in the lower leagues but in blue. That is until we don’t sign a striker and they scream blue murder.