UPDATED “ BREAKING OUMAR NIASSE / DEAL DONE “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:00 pm

UPDATED:

DEAL DONE :bluebird:

Cardiff City FC
Cardiff City reveal Everton striker Oumar Niasse as their first January signing :bluebird:

Nissan can play v Newcastle :bluebird: :bluebird:

Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock confirms Oumar Niasse has come on board

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock has confirmed Everton striker Oumar Niasse has joined his Bluebirds, becoming the club's first signing of the January transfer window.

The 28-year-old Senegal international agreed terms to come on loan until the end of the season.

He is available for Cardiff's huge clash away to Newcastle this weekend. :bluebird: :bluebird:

Niasse is one of three players the Bluebirds are looking to land before the window is out, but the first to officially come on board.

Cardiff are also close to the capture of Nantes frontman Emiliano Sala, who has scored 13 goals in Ligue 1 this season, and landed in South Wales this morning on a private jet.

He is unlikely to be available for the Newcastle game as talks continue and the paperwork is processed.

Deal done and will be announced on Friday , training with squad tomorrow morning, before flying to Newcastle with Cardiff :thumbright: :bluebird:

It is understood Niasse has signed a deal until the end of the season, with Cardiff then having an option to buy the Senegalese star for £7million.

17/01/19

Sky Sports:

Cardiff City have agreed terms with Everton on a loan deal for Oumar Niasse until the end of the season.

UPDATED

Cardiff City have agreed terms with Everton on a loan deal for Oumar Niasse until the end of the season.

Chief executive Ken Choo has confirmed to Sky Sports News in the last half hour that the striker is expected in south Wales later this evening for a medical.

16/01/19

UPDATED

BBC Sport Wales

DD020213-EFFB-4E13-AA0C-FFAF9E391E1D.jpeg
DD020213-EFFB-4E13-AA0C-FFAF9E391E1D.jpeg (50.68 KiB) Viewed 23365 times

Cardiff City are interested in signing Everton striker Oumar Niasse on loan, with an option to make the move permanent.

The Senegal international has fallen out of favour at Goodison Park this season, making only seven appearances.

Niasse joined Everton in the January transfer window in 2016 for £13.5m from Lokomotiv Moscow and has scored nine goals for the Toffees.

Cardiff are also keen on Argentine stiker Emiliano Sala from Nantes.
Attachments
0_niassecardiffcity.jpg
0_niassecardiffcity.jpg (49.91 KiB) Viewed 3276 times
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ CARDIFF CITY LINKED WITH STRIKER “

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:13 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:BBC Sport Wales

Cardiff City are interested in signing Everton striker Oumar Niasse on loan, with an option to make the move permanent.

The Senegal international has fallen out of favour at Goodison Park this season, making only seven appearances.

Niasse joined Everton in the January transfer window in 2016 for £13.5m from Lokomotiv Moscow and has scored nine goals for the Toffees.

Yeah seriously let's just go with that now.
Personally I've had enough histrionics from Sala and the other club. If the man carries on like this before we've signed him what is he going to be like as a team player?

We know Niasse can perform and Everton have made it clear that he's available . They've already turned down Crystal Palace for a loan though saying they want a permanent sale or nothing so that's how it'd have to happen .
We really don't know how well the other pirouetting Nancy boy would do in the Premiership so it'd be a gamble and to be honest I'm getting to a point where I'm already unsympathetic to him, which I imagine the players must be doing - so he's going to get more money than anyone else but he'll be doing everyone a big favour if he signs.

This old bollocks about Sala is doing nothing but draining the moral fibre out of everyone ,so time to tell him not to bother and go for a proven player who wants to play for us
SirJimmySchoular

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:16 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Personally I've had enough histrionics from Sala and the other club. If the man carries on like this before we've signed him what is he going to be like as a team player?

We know Niasse can perform and Everton have made it clear that he's available . They've already turned down Crystal Palace for a loan though saying they want a permanent sale or nothing so that's how it'd have to happen .
We really don't know how well the other pirouetting Nancy boy would do in the Premiership so it'd be a gamble and to be honest I'm getting to a point where I'm already unsympathetic to him, which I imagine the players must be doing - so he's going to get more money than anyone else but he'll be doing everyone a big favour if he signs.

This old bollocks about Sala is doing nothing but draining the moral fibre out of everyone ,so time to tell him not to bother and go for a proven player who wants to play for us

Did you read the article?

It suggests that we’re after both Sala and Niasse.

With respect, none of us know what’s going on with Sala - but the strong reports are the two clubs sorting out the fee, because the player wants to sign for us.

You have to have patience in these negotiations.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Re: “ OUMAR NIASSE “

Postby Edwardsccfc16 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:19 pm

I don’t get it, we’re getting sala but we keep getting linked with more strikers still, if we spend our last loan on a striker I’ll be very annoyed considering we already have 4, 5 including sala. Spend the last loan on someone more useful like Ampadu or McTominay
Edwardsccfc16

Re: UPDATED “ OUMAR NIASSE “

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:21 pm

Looks like this could be happening imminently.

Chief executive Ken Choo has confirmed to Sky Sports News in the last half hour that the striker is expected in south Wales later this evening for a medical.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby jimmy_rat » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:21 pm

Good signing here. Proven.
jimmy_rat

Postby papa » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:21 pm

medical tonight according to sky
ENJOY YOURSELF (its later than you think)
papa

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:25 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:

But we don't know what's going on with Sala. Everything may be going along just fine for all we know. I am not itk by any means, but I would'nt mind betting that most of the old bollocks is just press and media reporting. You may be right in what is happening, but I'm not sure if slating a potential signing who may be doing everything correctly is the way to go. Like I said yesterday, buying a player is not the same as buying a used car. You are the same as me, we've both been around long enough to know better than believe media reports, half of which are complete rubbish. I think it is better to wait for an official club statement than base opinions on media reports which could be just the figment of someone's overstretched imagination.
Steve Zodiak

Postby montyblue » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:26 pm

Bril i think if we have 2 strikers and zohore coming back we can push on, away from the bottom exited or what f.cking bril.
montyblue

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:26 pm

Yeah I saw the suggestion that we want both, but that's cobblers .

Patience, yes to a point ,but this has gone beyond that. Saying that he'd withdrawn from tonight then posting him in the dressing room is an insult from the club. What's more, the presence of Mehmet at another game tells you something surely.

Of course you're right that we don't know the ins and outs ,but enough of this story has been made public for me to know that it's bad business that we don't want. Even if we signed him I think we'd regret it more than we might have done with Gary Madine who's effort and commitment was never in question.
A volunteer is worth ten pressed men.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:28 pm

We are edging our bets as cannot rely on Ken so would rather sign 2 strikers and Ken can be back up
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:29 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Yeah I saw the suggestion that we want both, but that's cobblers .

Patience, yes to a point ,but this has gone beyond that. Saying that he'd withdrawn from tonight then posting him in the dressing room is an insult from the club. What's more, the presence of Mehmet at another game tells you something surely.

Of course you're right that we don't know the ins and outs ,but enough of this story has been made public for me to know that it's bad business that we don't want. Even if we signed him I think we'd regret it more than we might have done with Gary Madine who's effort and commitment was never in question.

Was reported last week or so city after 3 French players so makes sense dalman at other games.
Last edited by pembroke allan on Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pembroke allan

Postby WelshSerb » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:29 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:Good signing here. Proven.

Proven where ? 50 odd games 10 goals ? Hardly proven
WelshSerb

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:32 pm

WelshSerb wrote:

Doesn't need proving tores was proven at Liverpool but bombed at Chelsea hardly scoring in premier league for them, it's what he does at city that will count :old:
pembroke allan

Postby jimmy_rat » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:33 pm

WelshSerb wrote:

In what league?! The one we play in, the toughest in the world. Plus That's about 49 more games and 10 goals more than any other of our strikers! Including this Sala fella.
jimmy_rat

Postby Flyingpostman » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:34 pm

:occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Much prefer this to Sala if its true .
Flyingpostman

Re: UPDATED “ BREAKING OUMAR NIASSE “

Postby DandoCCFC » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:37 pm

Article coming out in a bit according to WalesOnline with Warnock and one bit they put out is they want 2 strikers to give Paterson a breather and reposition him elsewhere.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:38 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Yeah I saw the suggestion that we want both, but that's cobblers .

Mehmet being at another game could mean one of two things. Either the Sala deal is done, or it has been knocked on the head. Not much point in him being at that game whatever the outcome . He would probably be serving the club better if he has other players in the pipeline and is taking a look at one of those. Pure speculation on my part, but then so is virtually everything else regarding this saga.
Steve Zodiak

Postby welshrarebit » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:38 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
WelshSerb wrote:

In what league?! The one we play in, the toughest in the world. Plus That's about 49 more games and 10 goals more than any other of our strikers! Including this Sala fella.

To be fair. Pato has a couple. But thinking about it he is a right back

;-). I wish we had emojis on here! Proper ones that don't need codes!
welshrarebit

Postby WelshSerb » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:38 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
WelshSerb wrote:

Mate hardly proven! Patterson has a better goals to game ratio than him? And this “proven” striker doesn’t even have a locker at his own club? He might turn out good but personally it’s a waste of a loan
WelshSerb

Postby Flyingpostman » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:44 pm

137 career appearances and 48 goals . I'll take that
Flyingpostman

Postby 65Blue » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:44 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

With respect, none of us know what’s going on with Sala - but the strong reports are the two clubs sorting out the fee, because the player wants to sign for us.

A possibility Sala funds are now to be spent onTameze, watching him now on BT Sports
65Blue

Postby Igovernor » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:45 pm

Not really we will get a right back and midfielder on loan from abroad or (buy them from there or here in the uk)
Last edited by Igovernor on Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Igovernor

Postby Igovernor » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:45 pm

Not really we will get a right back and midfielder on loan from abroad or buy them
Igovernor

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:46 pm

WelshSerb wrote:

Scored 8 goals in 22 games for Everton last season & many of those performances were off the bench, so not a bad record at all for the Premier League.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby jimmy_rat » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:47 pm

WelshSerb wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
WelshSerb wrote:

Mate hardly proven! Patterson has a better goals to game ratio than him? And this “proven” striker doesn’t even have a locker at his own club? He might turn out good but personally it’s a waste of a loan

He has 50 games in this league. Over a full season. Id say that's pretty proven performer or he wouldn't have got picked.

I think you're confusing proven with prolific.
jimmy_rat

Postby BobbyBlue » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:48 pm

Happy with this sign Sala and get rid of zohore and madine both absolute garbage.
BobbyBlue

Postby northernbluebird » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:50 pm

he's a decent player at this level. 12 in his last 39 PL games.

i thought we'd be beaten to signing an established player like this, so very good news IMO.
northernbluebird

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:51 pm

65Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

A possibility Sala funds are now to be spent onTameze, watching him now on BT Sports

Yeah that's exactly what I though. It'd explain why Mehmet is at that game

Rules Moses out though unless we buy him
SirJimmySchoular

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:52 pm

SirJimmySchoular

Next

Return to General Chat