Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED “ BREAKING OUMAR NIASSE “

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:55 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:
fred keenor wrote:All very frustrating, seemed things were moving quickly after the poor performance against Huddersfield.
Pretty unlikely any new signings would be available for Saturday now

As I keep saying, they're not going to put a new player straight into the team a day or so after they've signed him, so that makes no difference at all . If the signings had been completed then you might have seen a cameo appearance in the last ten minutes if we were winning 2-0.
I'm afraid that the main aim on that day if the match isn't cancelled will be to keep a clean sheet, but if as seems likely it's cancelled for weather that might give us a chance to improve our gene pool in the mean time.

I suspect that the delay might be that they're insisting upon a permanent buy instead of a loan.

Who made you manager?

Oh sorry - I thought that this was a football discussion forum. Therefore I was discussing football and giving my opinion , which I rather thought was the point. Perhaps I misunderstood , but then I don't really understand why you also give your opinion so regularly ,even though we know what it will be - that Cardiff City, the manager, board, players and supporters are all crap,and that you don't like any of them very much.

Actually I recently defended your right to give your opinion, no matter how negative and obviously uninformed it obviously is.
If you disagree with what I said, why don't you address the what I said ,( ie. Play the ball not the man).
What you don't seem to understand is that you haven't got to be the manager to know a bit about football, and it's one of the more interesting bits of supporting a team to work out for yourself what tactics and so forth would be best , then perhaps compare them to what is actually done and whether it works. If you like, working out the best way to success , albeit as a spectator . Others will perhaps agree or disagree then we can have great fun discussing it you see.

You really should try joining in yourself rather than just constantly spitting bile. You might learn a bit,( which you obviously need to) , it'd be good practice for you in improving your manners,( which you also obviously need to), and more than anything you might have fun and enjoy the camaraderie .

I don't enjoy being rude, but I'm afraid that if that's what you insist upon doing ,so can I and so, incidentally , can everyone else.

Be offended if you like, but , having made my point, I'd much prefer to invite you into the world of friendly discussion and hear your considered opinions on a positive basis.

I stand by what I said. You think you know everthing.

Re: UPDATED “ BREAKING OUMAR NIASSE / DEAL DONE“

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:58 pm

That Derboy is a Jack and should be banned. Trouble maker and Mr.Negative. Go back to Planet Swamp :old:

Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:08 pm

Bananas wrote:That Derboy is a Jack and should be banned. Trouble maker and Mr.Negative. Go back to Planet Swamp :old:

He’s right about Sir Jimmy Schoular.

He stays.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:37 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Bananas wrote:That Derboy is a Jack and should be banned. Trouble maker and Mr.Negative. Go back to Planet Swamp :old:

He stays.

:occasion5:

Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:54 pm

Dahboy wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:
fred keenor wrote:All very frustrating, seemed things were moving quickly after the poor performance against Huddersfield.

As I keep saying, they're not going to put a new player straight into the team a day or so after they've signed him, so that makes no difference at all . If the signings had been completed then you might have seen a cameo appearance in the last ten minutes if we were winning 2-0.
I'm afraid that the main aim on that day if the match isn't cancelled will be to keep a clean sheet, but if as seems likely it's cancelled for weather that might give us a chance to improve our gene pool in the mean time.

I suspect that the delay might be that they're insisting upon a permanent buy instead of a loan.

Who made you manager?

Oh sorry - I thought that this was a football discussion forum. Therefore I was discussing football and giving my opinion , which I rather thought was the point. Perhaps I misunderstood , but then I don't really understand why you also give your opinion so regularly ,even though we know what it will be - that Cardiff City, the manager, board, players and supporters are all crap,and that you don't like any of them very much.

Actually I recently defended your right to give your opinion, no matter how negative and obviously uninformed it obviously is.
If you disagree with what I said, why don't you address the what I said ,( ie. Play the ball not the man).
What you don't seem to understand is that you haven't got to be the manager to know a bit about football, and it's one of the more interesting bits of supporting a team to work out for yourself what tactics and so forth would be best , then perhaps compare them to what is actually done and whether it works. If you like, working out the best way to success , albeit as a spectator . Others will perhaps agree or disagree then we can have great fun discussing it you see.

You really should try joining in yourself rather than just constantly spitting bile. You might learn a bit,( which you obviously need to) , it'd be good practice for you in improving your manners,( which you also obviously need to), and more than anything you might have fun and enjoy the camaraderie .

I don't enjoy being rude, but I'm afraid that if that's what you insist upon doing ,so can I and so, incidentally , can everyone else.

Be offended if you like, but , having made my point, I'd much prefer to invite you into the world of friendly discussion and hear your considered opinions on a positive basis.

I stand by what I said. You think you know everthing.

Well I know more than you, that for certain. Obviously the moderator doesn't like my posts, but I'll live with that.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:01 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

He stays.

Do you think it's quite right to intervene as a moderator in a debate like that .... Because by introducing the idea of banning the man ,( which I certainly never suggested ) , you made it clear that you were speaking in that capacity.
I really don't think that's fair

Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:14 pm

I think both Niasse and Sala will be announced tomorrow at some point :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:16 pm

I'm not a Jack for the 100th time and I have as much right to be on here as you.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:47 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

He stays.

Do you think it's quite right to intervene as a moderator in a debate like that .... Because by introducing the idea of banning the man ,( which I certainly never suggested ) , you made it clear that you were speaking in that capacity.

Too late for me to consider that, I’ve already posted it.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:09 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

He stays.

Too late for me to consider that, I’ve already posted it.

Not at all. If you think my point was valid then you could say so.
Listen , I actual try to contribute here, and might often speak to entertain or evoke comment, so I know I invite hard comments but not from the referee !
I mean, no biggy, but that's my opinion and I can't help saying so .

Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:20 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Your talking absolute drivel as usual.

The players we are signing are MUCH better then what we have so as soon as they are signed there’s no doubt they’ll be playing. We aren’t going to pay millions of pounds for players an then play Rhys Healey.

Any signing with just a days training session with us will do better then what we’ve got at the moment.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:16 am

It is understood Niasse has signed a deal until the end of the season, with Cardiff then having an option to buy the Senegalese star for £7million.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:40 am

Forever Blue wrote:It is understood Niasse has signed a deal until the end of the season, with Cardiff then having an option to buy the Senegalese star for £7million.

Sounds like a good deal to me

Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:56 am

Llan_Blue wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

The players we are signing are MUCH better then what we have so as soon as they are signed there’s no doubt they’ll be playing. We aren’t going to pay millions of pounds for players an then play Rhys Healey.

Any signing with just a days training session with us will do better then what we’ve got at the moment.

This is Cardiff City we're talking about here - I think any other club would look to start Niasse AND Sala, for the simple reason that you outlined.. they're much better than we've got! However, Warnock is a man who seems reluctant towards change, he's already going to be without his captain, Morrison, possibly Camarasa too.

My one real criticism of Warnock is that he's too cautious and conservative. He'll probably go with Gunnarsson and Ralls in midfield, Peltier at right-back and start Paterson up top, before introducing Niasse after about 75 minutes and keeping Sala as an unused sub (he'll site the player's lack of ideal preparation for the game and barely knowing his teammates).

I really hope I'm wrong, but I feel that Saturday's lineup will have an all too familiar stale look about it.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:29 am

Alan_in_China wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

This is Cardiff City we're talking about here - I think any other club would look to start Niasse AND Sala, for the simple reason that you outlined.. they're much better than we've got! However, Warnock is a man who seems reluctant towards change, he's already going to be without his captain, Morrison, possibly Camarasa too.

My one real criticism of Warnock is that he's too cautious and conservative. He'll probably go with Gunnarsson and Ralls in midfield, Peltier at right-back and start Paterson up top, before introducing Niasse after about 75 minutes and keeping Sala as an unused sub (he'll site the player's lack of ideal preparation for the game and barely knowing his teammates).

I really hope I'm wrong, but I feel that Saturday's lineup will have an all too familiar stale look about it.

Now your talking drivel all this season and all last season our teams constantly changed.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:52 am

Dahboy wrote:

I'm not a Jack for the 100th time and I have as much right to be on here as you.

Another pair of weirdos here. Probably another multi talking to himself. We've seen it before!!!

Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:57 am

nubbsy wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

Another pair of weirdos here. Probably another multi talking to himself. We've seen it before!!!

Don't think you're far off the mark here Nubbsy.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:03 am

Niasse signed !

Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:04 am

Alan_in_China wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

I hope you are right about Sala being much better than we have already. I have a sneaky feeling that not many on here really know if that's true. When I asked just how good he is compared to Zohore, and what his strengths were, nobody could really answer me. One poster said he thought most of our fans had probably based their views on his cost, and this is probably not far from the truth. If fans have decided on the back of a youtube video, perhaps they need to watch Zohore on youtube. Everyone looks brilliant if you are showing 10 minutes worth of their best moments.

I trust Warnock's judgement, and hope Sala turns out to be the real deal. It might be worth waiting a while before getting over excited though, remember what this forum was like when we signed Owen Doyle. He was going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, and look what happened there. I think we need to keep our expectations in check until we actually get to see him in action for the club. After all, many posters claim even Messi would struggle here given our style of football, and the lack of chances created.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:06 am

The photo you’ve all been waiting for.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:07 am

:bluebird: :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:11 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Alan_in_China wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

I hope you are right about Sala being much better than we have already. I have a sneaky feeling that not many on here really know if that's true. When I asked just how good he is compared to Zohore, and what his strengths were, nobody could really answer me. One poster said he thought most of our fans had probably based their views on his cost, and this is probably not far from the truth. If fans have decided on the back of a youtube video, perhaps they need to watch Zohore on youtube. Everyone looks brilliant if you are showing 10 minutes worth of their best moments.

I trust Warnock's judgement, and hope Sala turns out to be the real deal. It might be worth waiting a while before getting over excited though, remember what this forum was like when we signed Owen Doyle. He was going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, and look what happened there. I think we need to keep our expectations in check until we actually get to see him in action for the club. After all, many posters claim even Messi would struggle here given our style of football, and the lack of chances created.

No I’ve not decided this on his cost or a you tube video.

I’ve decided that Sala is better then what we have got based on
1. He isn’t injured all the time.

2. He’s been playing in the French first division and scoring goals where as we had to bring on somebody who’s been playing in league 2 on as a sub in our last match.

3. His natural position is a striker.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:27 am

Llan_Blue wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Yeah that's right . Sorry about all the drivel. Just give them a shirt and see how they fit in during an actual game . I expect they'll work something out amongst themselves about set pieces , general shape and stuff as they go along - I don't know why people make such a fuss about team selection and management really when you point out how very easy it is.
I was very very silly not to have appreciated that the players we've signed are automatically better than what we've got and so will just saunter out and win the game without any instruction whatsoever.
Thank you, you've taught me a lot about the game with that post, and I hope someone will let Sir Neil know the easy way forward using your clever method .

Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:28 am

Llan_Blue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Alan_in_China wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

No I’ve not decided this on his cost or a you tube video.

I’ve decided that Sala is better then what we have got based on
1. He isn’t injured all the time.

2. He’s been playing in the French first division and scoring goals where as we had to bring on somebody who’s been playing in league 2 on as a sub in our last match.

3. His natural position is a striker.

Obviously injuries are part and parcel of the game. Anyone can end up with a long term injury. He could break a leg in his first game. Is he better than Zohore was one of the points I raised. If so, be interesting to know what fans think will happen to Zohore taking into account our new signings. He is not going to be content sitting on the bench for a lengthy period. I know fans on this forum rate Zohore a lot more than I do. Be interesting to hear their views on how we are likely to be set up with our new players when Zohore returns from injury.

Re: UPDATED “ BREAKING OUMAR NIASSE / DEAL DONE “

Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:41 am

Cardiff City FC
Cardiff City reveal Everton striker Oumar Niasse as their first January signing :bluebird:

Nissan can play v Newcastle :bluebird: :bluebird:

Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock confirms Oumar Niasse has come on board :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:30 pm

STEVE ZODIAK
You said that zohore might not be happy with his arse parked on the bench, i have not been happy all season with zohores arse parked on the bench or treatment room, but have had to grin and bare it as a fan, he now as a player will have to do the same and grin and bare it .

Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:54 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Yeah that's right . Sorry about all the drivel. Just give them a shirt and see how they fit in during an actual game . I expect they'll work something out amongst themselves about set pieces , general shape and stuff as they go along - I don't know why people make such a fuss about team selection and management really when you point out how very easy it is.
I was very very silly not to have appreciated that the players we've signed are automatically better than what we've got and so will just saunter out and win the game without any instruction whatsoever.
Thank you, you've taught me a lot about the game with that post, and I hope someone will let Sir Neil know the easy way forward using your clever method .

Oh c'mon Patterson's not even a striker? His positional play is awful.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:04 pm

Dahboy wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Oh c'mon Patterson's not even a striker? His positional play is awful.

Patterson is not a striker and it shows! If we had a real striker sure we would not have drawn or lost couple of games as he is hardly in the right place at right time to be in box to convert chances.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:46 pm

Welcome :bluebird: