Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Marcelo Bielsa admits spying all season “

Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:25 pm

Marcelo Bielsa says he has sent a member of staff to watch every team Leeds have played this season train.

The Whites head coach called a news conference on Wednesday as the Football Association and English Football League investigates the ongoing 'spy' saga.

Before Friday's win over Derby, the ex-Argentina manager admitted sending a staff member to watch the Rams train.

Bielsa said: "I observed all the rivals we played against and watched the training sessions of all opponents."

Re: “ Marcelo Bielsa admits spying all season “

Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:01 pm

He should be banned from football, and Leeds automatically demoted to L1.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:12 pm

miles ahead of his peers, UK coaches take note how he studies the opposition to that degree.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:18 pm

BiglicksMcGoo wrote:He should be banned from football, and Leeds automatically demoted to L1.

Why? If you've seen any of the stuff he's been talking about he didn't even need to spy on derby to get the level of knowledge he's got. He got his staff to watch all 51 of their games last season and has worked out hand signals, set pieces, tactics and formations without the spying. He even said himself he didn't need to send someone to watch Derby train he just did it anyway.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:41 pm

TommyP wrote:
BiglicksMcGoo wrote:He should be banned from football, and Leeds automatically demoted to L1.

Why? If you've seen any of the stuff he's been talking about he didn't even need to spy on derby to get the level of knowledge he's got. He got his staff to watch all 51 of their games last season and has worked out hand signals, set pieces, tactics and formations without the spying. He even said himself he didn't need to send someone to watch Derby train he just did it anyway.

That's what he's admitted to, so far. Where does it end?

It's not a massive leap to go from spying on training sessions to say, bugging the away dressing rooms.

What's the excuse then, "I knew what he was going to say anyway, so I just put a microphone in there"

Is he going to ask the KGB to obtain the club's emails and transfer dealings etc? Why not get the bank statements while they're at it?

The outraged Leeds fans' reaction to being dumped back in their favorite league has a resonance with my soul.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:23 pm

Perhaps he’s a bit of a voyeur like Wenger..

Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:33 pm

I honestly dont see the problem.if clubs dont want to be watched then they should enclose the training pitch. Most have public footpaths around them so anybody could watch.

He is a genious. His attention to detail is astonishing.

Young British managers could learn a lot from him. He said he watched 50 hours of leeds footage before he took the job to see what he was going to be working with

Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:38 pm

ThomasC wrote:miles ahead of his peers, UK coaches take note how he studies the opposition to that degree.

Fook me you dont have to go that far,just watch videos of previouse games!

Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:52 am

Is this against the rules? if so then our win against Real Madrid should be nullified.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:44 am

The Cobra wrote:
ThomasC wrote:miles ahead of his peers, UK coaches take note how he studies the opposition to that degree.

Fook me you dont have to go that far,just watch videos of previouse games!

He does that and more, a couple of days before he will see who is going to play, and what set plays they intend to use, and also what system and what they intend to do, this can help him prepare to counteract their tactics, he is taking things to the next level.

Security will be stepped up at most grounds I reckon and fences will get higher and higher.