Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Would you now trust the British Parliament to hold an honest and true referrendum on the EU ?

You may select 1 option

View results

A second referrendum

Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:35 pm

There is little doubt in the public mind that politicians are deliberately fudging issues and employing procedural conjuring tricks to frustrate and reverse the popular vote and the will of the electors .

This is a very very grave matter indeed.

We know and can easily predict that they might try to angle it towards another referrendum - falsely claiming that this is the only alternative available . Therefore here's a question I never thought anyone would seriously be posing in the United Kingdom, but one which I'm afraid must be addressed...

Re: A second referrendum

Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:45 pm

please no.
another campaign of half truths and guesses with the really dim telling the less dim how dim they are for not understanding leave doesn't really mean leave .

Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:19 pm

I feel it’s the only way now. I’m sad to say. If so I’ve changed my mind and would vote remain. I have no confidence in politicians from this country being able to run it.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:52 pm

Bluebirdforlife77 wrote:I feel it’s the only way now. I’m sad to say. If so I’ve changed my mind and would vote remain. I have no confidence in politicians from this country being able to run it.

hear what your saying and agree to a point after this shambles but they will still be running the country.
the only way is a bigger leave majority if there is ever to be more accountability in the future. surely ?

Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:57 pm

Bluebirdforlife77 wrote:I feel it’s the only way now. I’m sad to say. If so I’ve changed my mind and would vote remain. I have no confidence in politicians from this country being able to run it.

They ran the country anyway. Alot at laws are actually uk.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:01 pm

A big no for me we all had the chance to vote the outcome was to leave and thats it if we like it or not what happens after the next general ellection and people dont like the outcome another vote wouldnt happen

Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:06 pm

I would be 100% against another referendum as it would throw the UK into turmoil and nobody would ever trust any kind of political vote again, and that is an understatement.

I, like the 52% who voted to leave EU and have watched in frustration and disbelief at the way it has been handled over the past 2 years +

When you ask the people (electorate) a blunt 2 choice referendum, just 1 vote is enough for a majority. That is something the slippery self serving political class and remoaners have conveniently forgotten about or brushed aside.

I am a natural Conservative voter But I have to agree that they have made a right hash of it - first mistake was to elect a remain voter as prime minister (through all her political trickery, listening to her pro Euro advisers, Money men from industry and doom and gloom mongers) - Remember No deal is Better than a bad deal !!! Well her deal with the EU is a BAD deal for UK.

In Mrs May's efforts to please everybody she has pleased nobody.

But be under no illusion that the POWERS THAT BE will never let us leave - in 2016 Mr Cameron was expecting a large majority to vote to remain in the EU (and spent 9 million telling us all how much better off we would be within the EU) - then, as happens once in a generation, the SILENT MAJORITY came out and threw the biggest curve ball into the establishment.

IF, as should have happened, we went into negotiations with the EU with a "were off, see ya" attitude, I have no doubt that we would be leaving with a (so called deal) that was in our favour.

Mrs May's DEAL is really a capitulation and was the plan all along to frustrate the people's wishes by the back door - How many times does she have to try and convince the Brexit voting electorate and the slippery politicians that this is deal brexit ? It is just trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes and what makes it particularly galling is that the political class think that the PLEBS (as they like to call the ordinary people) will fall for their tricks and lies.

After last nights 230 vote majority in the House of Commons, Surely it is time to get real and uphold the real brexit we voted for but as Mrs May has got the Government into such a mess now. What is the answer??

I am afraid that if you voted LEAVE, We are never going to get what we voted for from the EU or the Government.

Even if the only way, is another referendum, that will be rigged as well, with 3 questions on the ballot (1) leave the EU (2) leave the EU with Mrs May's Deal (3) stay in EU. - what the inevitable consequence of that would be, some leave voters would vote for Mrs May's deal just to get it "over and done with", whilst other leave voters would vote to leave again. The original Stay in EU voters would mostly vote to Stay - Thus, the leave Vote would be split and the stay vote would win - THE PLAN ALL ALONG.

I am afraid to say that slippery self serving politicians and the remoaner propaganda brigade, big business and money men will never let us leave the EU.

Most, but not all, of the younger generation accuse the older generation of messing up their future? Do they really think that the older and mostly wiser, university of life oldies voted leave to mess up their future? NO, quite the opposite.

That's my threepence worth, for what it is worth - Bugger all !!!!

:old:

Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:11 pm

The only true second referendum can be
1. Leave with no deal. bar sorting out individual rights etc

2. Leave with a negotiated deal.

We must leave and have the chance to make a go of it.

Those that prefer to remain can by all means make a case to apply to go back in. But let us have the exit first.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:40 pm

powysblue wrote:

I would be 100% against another referendum as it would throw the UK into turmoil and nobody would ever trust any kind of political vote again, and that is an understatement.

I, like the 52% who voted to leave EU and have watched in frustration and disbelief at the way it has been handled over the past 2 years +

When you ask the people (electorate) a blunt 2 choice referendum, just 1 vote is enough for a majority. That is something the slippery self serving political class and remoaners have conveniently forgotten about or brushed aside.

I am a natural Conservative voter But I have to agree that they have made a right hash of it - first mistake was to elect a remain voter as prime minister (through all her political trickery, listening to her pro Euro advisers, Money men from industry and doom and gloom mongers) - Remember No deal is Better than a bad deal !!! Well her deal with the EU is a BAD deal for UK.

In Mrs May's efforts to please everybody she has pleased nobody.

But be under no illusion that the POWERS THAT BE will never let us leave - in 2016 Mr Cameron was expecting a large majority to vote to remain in the EU (and spent 9 million telling us all how much better off we would be within the EU) - then, as happens once in a generation, the SILENT MAJORITY came out and threw the biggest curve ball into the establishment.

IF, as should have happened, we went into negotiations with the EU with a "were off, see ya" attitude, I have no doubt that we would be leaving with a (so called deal) that was in our favour.

Mrs May's DEAL is really a capitulation and was the plan all along to frustrate the people's wishes by the back door - How many times does she have to try and convince the Brexit voting electorate and the slippery politicians that this is deal brexit ? It is just trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes and what makes it particularly galling is that the political class think that the PLEBS (as they like to call the ordinary people) will fall for their tricks and lies.

After last nights 230 vote majority in the House of Commons, Surely it is time to get real and uphold the real brexit we voted for but as Mrs May has got the Government into such a mess now. What is the answer??

I am afraid that if you voted LEAVE, We are never going to get what we voted for from the EU or the Government.

Even if the only way, is another referendum, that will be rigged as well, with 3 questions on the ballot (1) leave the EU (2) leave the EU with Mrs May's Deal (3) stay in EU. - what the inevitable consequence of that would be, some leave voters would vote for Mrs May's deal just to get it "over and done with", whilst other leave voters would vote to leave again. The original Stay in EU voters would mostly vote to Stay - Thus, the leave Vote would be split and the stay vote would win - THE PLAN ALL ALONG.

I am afraid to say that slippery self serving politicians and the remoaner propaganda brigade, big business and money men will never let us leave the EU.

Most, but not all, of the younger generation accuse the older generation of messing up their future? Do they really think that the older and mostly wiser, university of life oldies voted leave to mess up their future? NO, quite the opposite.

That's my threepence worth, for what it is worth - Bugger all !!!!

:old:

Great post if they go back on the original vote they are basically saying UK is no longer a democracy

If this is the case then it’s also time for a full overhaul of the parliamentary system to go with it

Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:47 pm

If they declare a 2nd referendum they are basically saying that the voting system is flawed and buts a mockery on ALL votes and a vote of No Confidence in the government

Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:57 pm

2nd referendum ASAP please :occasion5: :laughing6: Brexit idiots!! :laughing6: :laughing6: Led along like lambs to the slaughter by English con men.
Wales as part of a strong Europe or continually being treated with contempt by more corrupt English cronies.....not much choice.

#welshandeuropean

#wexitnotbrexit

Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:58 pm

Like millions of others.....the sensible option not the dull one :occasion5: :thumbup:

Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:41 pm

And you have confidence in the unelected mob from Europe running us? :roll:

Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:42 pm

Bananas wrote:2nd referendum ASAP please :occasion5: :laughing6: Brexit idiots!! :laughing6: :laughing6: Led along like lambs to the slaughter by English con men.
Wales as part of a strong Europe or continually being treated with contempt by more corrupt English cronies.....not much choice.

#welshandeuropean

#wexitnotbrexit

You'd have to be some kind of fool to think Europe is strong.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:59 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Bananas wrote:2nd referendum ASAP please :occasion5: :laughing6: Brexit idiots!! :laughing6: :laughing6: Led along like lambs to the slaughter by English con men.

#welshandeuropean

#wexitnotbrexit

You'd have to be some kind of fool to think Europe is strong.

bananas a fool shocker !

Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:06 pm

The eu is sinking ,time to get off the ship

Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:10 pm

welshrarebit wrote:The only true second referendum can be
1. Leave with no deal. bar sorting out individual rights etc

2. Leave with a negotiated deal.

We must leave and have the chance to make a go of it.

Those that prefer to remain can by all means make a case to apply to go back in. But let us have the exit first.

These might be the most honest questions that should appear on a true second referendum and are the only questions that would truly attempt to uphold democracy in the UK but can anyone on this forum give me any example of truth and politician EVER going hand in hand - those two words are as far apart as frogs are from feathers!!

Make no bones about it, when the no confidence vote fails, the next action from our elected rabble will be to commandeer the Brexit process from Theresa May and give it to parliament to pursue and a second referendum will shortly follow and we will be offered just 2 questions:

1. Leave with no deal. bar sorting out individual rights etc?

2. Would you prefer to remain in the EU in preference to leaving with no deal?

I would be extremely surprised if given a second chance after all the time wasting, ball breaking, media filling political nonsense we've suffered so far, if the UK people don't this time vote in majority to remain - end of I'm afraid.

:old: :roll: :banghead: :roll: :old:

Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:18 pm

If we had one can we trust the powers that be not to fix the result ?

I would say no !

I think a second referendum would cause riots on the streets aswell. Democracy would be dead

Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:27 pm

Tonight's vote = May backed by 325 v 306 Against = Majority 19 .

Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:38 pm

Besides the referendum, we have also had a General Election. Labour & Conservatives promised to abide by the referendum result, so if this is the most important political matter in our lifetime, why did'nt the remainers vote Lib Dem. I thought they were the remain party. If I remember rightly, they actually performed extremely poorly with hardly any seats won.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:01 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Tonight's vote = May backed by 325 v 306 Against = Majority 19 .

52:48 was the other result with DUP

A lot closer than the Conservative vote back in December

Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:15 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

The better option out of the two I’m afraid as been proven in these negotiations.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:59 pm

The better option out of the two I’m afraid as been proven in these negotiations.[/quote]

Mmm, I detect a serious case of Vincecableitis... suggest avoidance of all news channels for one week, so as to avoid the ‘Project’.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:11 pm

Bluebirdforlife77 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

The better option out of the two I’m afraid as been proven in these negotiations.

personally I think a much much bigger issue is at stake here than whether we remain in the EU for 4 or 5 years .
democracy . people have fought, campaigned and died for it ,not just here but all over the world. if those you voted in are not up to it, you vote others in. OR you can hand it over to a bunch of people who will then see us as a weak feeble bunch of push overs.
do not understand this roll over and play possum stuff at all.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:15 pm

The sad irony is the public have voted to give our politicians the authority to repatriate powers and sovereignty back to them but many of them are doing their hardest work to refuse them. It's a sad state of affairs

Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:30 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:There is little doubt in the public mind that politicians are deliberately fudging issues and employing procedural conjuring tricks to frustrate and reverse the popular vote and the will of the electors.

:lol:

Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:07 pm

Liles93 wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:There is little doubt in the public mind that politicians are deliberately fudging issues and employing procedural conjuring tricks to frustrate and reverse the popular vote and the will of the electors.

:lol:

Absolutely and I'm so cheesed off with the way their treating the electorate as if thy are just running their own private Westminster members club at the tax payers expense.
I was a 100% "remainer" last time but never been a "remoaner" but if this vote comes around again, myself and family will be brexiteers.
The lot of them are an absolute shower, left, right and centre along with the civil servants.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:16 pm

If there was another referendum I can see total unrest on the streets with riots without a doubt

Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:47 pm

Bluebirdforlife77 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Better option is a matter of opinion of course! but then that's not what was democratically voted for, the negotiations have ended like this because of selfish mps who want what they want not what the people voted for they are a disgrace to constituencies they represent :thumbup:

Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:56 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebirdforlife77 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Better option is a matter of opinion of course! but then that's not what was democratically voted for, the negotiations have ended like this because of selfish mps who want what they want not what the people voted for they are a disgrace to constituencies they represent :thumbup:

They are a disgrace your spot on. Why would you want them to have more power.