David Duckenfield Trial

A forum for all things Cardiff City

David Duckenfield Trial

Postby snoopystorm » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:53 pm

For those who are interested here’s a link to Liverpool Echo’s coverage of today’s events at the start of the Hillsborough Commander’s trial, the trial is expected to last 4 months

#JusticeForThe96

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/live-duckenfield-mackrell-hillsborough-trial-15673572

FYI I don’t like Liverpool, however No Fan should ever go to a match and NOT return
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
snoopystorm

David Duckenfield Trial

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: David Duckenfield Trial

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:16 pm

Agreed that 94 fans should never not come home from a football match, as well as the two which died later on, and it was a horrible disaster. I’m glad that they got the justice they deserved in the recent inquest.

As for the trial of these people, this is just the start of what will be a lengthy and complicated case. Not a huge amount to take from it at this point.

I would also add that while Liverpool fans have rightly fought for justice, they never seem to mention the Heysel disaster.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Bluebirdforlife77 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:20 am

It was a terrible day for football and friends and family of the victims. What I’ve understood is why isn’t any blame pointed towards the ticketless fans who tried to get in for free causing the sad scenes?
Bluebirdforlife77

Postby Sven » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:35 am

Bluebirdforlife77 wrote:It was a terrible day for football and friends and family of the victims. What I’ve understood is why isn’t any blame pointed towards the ticketless fans who tried to get in for free causing the sad scenes?

My thoughts, too! :(

As said elsewhere, no supporter of any club should go to a game and not go home and my sympathy goes to them and their families

David Duckenfield (and others) should be brought to account to explain their actions/logic on the day and (if found to be genuinely at fault) punished according to the Law

Unlucky? Certainly. However, they put themselves in the firing line by accepting the office(s) they held and were paid at a level that reflected their supposed expertise

However, there were a large number of factors facing Match Commanders on that day and the 'issue' mentioned above was IMHO a contributory one and not a first for Liverpool supporters

Liverpool; always the victims, never to blame! :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:44 am

Sven wrote:
Bluebirdforlife77 wrote:It was a terrible day for football and friends and family of the victims. What I’ve understood is why isn’t any blame pointed towards the ticketless fans who tried to get in for free causing the sad scenes?

My thoughts, too! :(

As said elsewhere, no supporter of any club should go to a game and not go home and my sympathy goes to them and their families

David Duckenfield (and others) should be brought to account to explain their actions/logic on the day and (if found to be genuinely at fault) punished according to the Law

Unlucky? Certainly. However, they put themselves in the firing line by accepting the office(s) they held and were paid at a level that reflected their supposed expertise

However, there were a large number of factors facing Match Commanders on that day and the 'issue' mentioned above was IMHO a contributory one and not a first for Liverpool supporters

Liverpool; always the victims, never to blame! :(

You cannot blame Liverpool fans its not allowed! Made point in original thread long time ago facts are if Liverpool fans without tickets had not gone to ground and cause chaos this would not have happened but if they're not to be blamed someone has to be, if anyone went there in late 70s you would know leppings rd end was a disaster waiting to happen.
pembroke allan

Postby nubbsy » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:48 am

Because they're Scousers, they aren't yo blame for anything
nubbsy

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:43 am

snoopystorm wrote:For those who are interested here’s a link to Liverpool Echo’s coverage of today’s events at the start of the Hillsborough Commander’s trial, the trial is expected to last 4 months

#JusticeForThe96

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/live-duckenfield-mackrell-hillsborough-trial-15673572

FYI I don’t like Liverpool, however No Fan should ever go to a match and NOT return

the scapegoat trial.
dogfound

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:48 am

dogfound wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:For those who are interested here’s a link to Liverpool Echo’s coverage of today’s events at the start of the Hillsborough Commander’s trial, the trial is expected to last 4 months

#JusticeForThe96

the scapegoat trial.

It is and when finished they'll be after something or someone else ? :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby city74 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:59 am

Absolutely spot on and my sympathy goes to the families & friends of those who died at Hillsborough who were the genuine fans who actually had tickets for the game.
They can try to attribute blame to the police or whoever as much as they like, but for the me the cause/blame of the 96 deaths should be and will always be on the thousands of fans without tickets who rushed the turnstiles trying to get crushing the fans in front! If only they'd stayed away those 96 would have gone home it should be on their conscience !!

Like a previous poster said there's never a mention of Heysel or the 2007 CL Final in Athens they tried to rush the turnstiles again if any club should have known better it should definitely be them. :banghead:
city74

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:00 am

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:

#JusticeForThe96

the scapegoat trial.

it was an awful day for football and looking back had it not happened that day ,it would have happened at a future game..
football these days is much much safer due to what happened and the many changes that have taken place in and around football stadia. so if it was just one mans fault, why the taylor report, and why all the changes ?
dogfound

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:55 am

dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:

#JusticeForThe96

the scapegoat trial.

it was an awful day for football and looking back had it not happened that day ,it would have happened at a future game..
football these days is much much safer due to what happened and the many changes that have taken place in and around football stadia. so if it was just one mans fault, why the taylor report, and why all the changes ?

It possibly could have happened at same place as that end was badly constructed as I experienced on a visit in late 70s with just a small amount of city fans. It happened because football fans change with time, in 50s/60s had bigger crowds in same stadiums no prolems but fans were better behaved than at time of Hillsborough. Whilst I believe Liverpool fans contributed to the disaster it was unfortunately one man's decision that caused it but given the circumstances and situation having probably never been experienced by match commanders its hard to totally put blame in him. Musnt forget they tried to blame ambulance personnel for letting fans die as well..
pembroke allan

Postby epping blue » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:07 pm

dogfound wrote:

#JusticeForThe96

the scapegoat trial.

Not completely. By todays standard the crowd control would be criminally negligent. The guilt in my opinion lies with the institutionalised perversion of course of justice. The truth should not have taken 25 years and 10's of millions of pounds in inquiries to out. I think the charge is wrong but he played a significant part in many escaping justice and being allowed to Rest in peace while the victims of this disaster were never allowed that.

Terrible accident but an absolutely criminal cover up.

If you played up at the football in the 70's or 80's, invaded the pitch or the like, then you all share some of the blame for this . You were part of the reason why the fences were there.
epping blue

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:43 pm

epping blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

#JusticeForThe96

the scapegoat trial.

Not completely. By todays standard the crowd control would be criminally negligent. The guilt in my opinion lies with the institutionalised perversion of course of justice. The truth should not have taken 25 years and 10's of millions of pounds in inquiries to out. I think the charge is wrong but he played a significant part in many escaping justice and being allowed to Rest in peace while the victims of this disaster were never allowed that.

Terrible accident but an absolutely criminal cover up.

If you played up at the football in the 70's or 80's, invaded the pitch or the like, then you all share some of the blame for this . You were part of the reason why the fences were there.

it was not today though. things were different a hell of a lot different..he played a part in some escapping..a flaming witch hunt is the truth..what happened was awful but blamming a few coppers for doing exactly what they did the week before and would have done the week after if no disaster is crap.
dogfound

Postby snoopystorm » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:44 pm

I honestly believe as Match Comander the buck stops with him and he should be held accountable for his part, he should also be held accountable for trying to cover it up with the ‘drunk fans’ line, it’s been proved that certain dead fans he accused of being drunk didn’t have any alcohol in their systems.

A lot of good has come from it since, grounds do seem a lot safer now-a-days until clubs decide to make seats smaller and squeeze more fans in (Anfield, OT to name 2)

Will be interesting to see the outcome as the jury are meant to be impartial and not know anything about the case, how can you remain impartial when this case has been in the public eye for decades
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
snoopystorm

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:44 pm

snoopystorm wrote:I honestly believe as Match Comander the buck stops with him and he should be held accountable for his part, he should also be held accountable for trying to cover it up with the ‘drunk fans’ line, it’s been proved that certain dead fans he accused of being drunk didn’t have any alcohol in their systems.

A lot of good has come from it since, grounds do seem a lot safer now-a-days until clubs decide to make seats smaller and squeeze more fans in (Anfield, OT to name 2)

Will be interesting to see the outcome as the jury are meant to be impartial and not know anything about the case, how can you remain impartial when this case has been in the public eye for decades

the jury will judge it on todays standards, that's clear just by reading previous threads on this topic.

the reality back then was thousands of drunk {in this case many ticketless } hooligans would decend on cities hell bent on violence and distruction..its a witch hunt.
dogfound

Postby BlueMoon1974 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:28 pm

Nothing to do with the gate being opeened then by match officials. I think the comment was fans foced gate open and was proved to be a blatant lie.All fans of that violent area are to blame for the culture they created. Behave like animals and get treated like animal hence the fencing .
BlueMoon1974

Return to General Chat