“ RESULT OF VOTE ON THERESA MAY’S BREXIT DEAL “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ RESULT OF VOTE ON THERESA MAY’S BREXIT DEAL “

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:38 am

captbirdseye wrote:I sometimes wonder whether people take the time to actually read the implications of a 'No Deal' or just rely on funny Facebook memes for their information.

But hey, it's always the evil EU and their dirty tactics instead of our own political elite making billions of hedge funds and forex ie Farage and Odey.

go for it , please do tell us what these implications are. and no guessing, and no repeating other peoples guesses either.
dogfound

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby castleblue » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:46 am

pembroke allan wrote:
castleblue wrote:I can only see one way out of this crisis, and that's exactly what this is, and that's to take this decision away from Westminster and move immediately to a 2nd referendum and that referendum have just two options, Remain on our current terms or Leave on the terms negotiated.

I voted leave in the referendum and despite there being an overwhelming majority in favour of leave in my constituency last night our MP, Wayne David, voted against the deal negotiated by Theresa May, Why? I feel totally let down by my MP and I will be sending him an email today telling him just that and making him one promise, he will never get my vote again.

I actually feel a little sympathy for Theresa May as just over a month ago 117 of her own MP's voted against her in the Tory party confidence vote in her leadership, last night 116 of her MP's voted against her agreement which has turned a drama into a full blown crisis. However this morning the posh boy Rees-Mogg is on Sky saying HIS group will support TM in the confidence vote this evening. These are the type of games being played by the very people we elect to run our country on our behalf.

I believe it's time for the ordinary people of this country to settle this issue once and for all and that's through a 2nd referendum, last time I voted leave and will do so again but whatever the outcome the result MUST be respected by all sides.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Trouble is this is why lot of mps voted against may just so can have another referendum! And tbh think people will vote remain because of the fiascos with these negotiations. And for me if we vote remain that will be disastrous as we will be at mercy of the EU and their control which will only get tighter with federal Europe state no doubt end product.

I agree and it is the increasing prospect of the United States of Europe that is the biggest reason I voted leave and will do so again should there be another referendum. However I believe that Westminster, or some of the MP's who infest parliament, have created anarchy with their behaviour and are holding both this country and the EU to ransom.

It seems to me that a group of 116 conservative MP's cannot be allowed to create anarchy within the UK and instability throughout Europe. If people believe, through a 2nd referendum, that the EU are a better option than Rees-Mogg and Co we should all accept it.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Re: BREXIT VOTE IN

Postby Jock » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:49 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Not a shock. But definitely worse than she thought it would be.

Can’t see the No Confidence Motion getting through parliament tomorrow. She’ll have enough of her own MPs and the DUP to survive that.

Back at square one - but no deal has to be avoided.

I voted remain but I believe in democracy. Unfortunately, another referendum seems the most likely outcome now. If she goes to renegotiate her deal, the EU will offer her nothing more so it would be a pointless exercise.

Why does no deal have to be avoided?

There is as good a chance that No deal is as good as a deal. Nobody knows what the right way to go is we just need to choose a path and take it.

The EU will soon come running after we leave with a decent trade deal and solution to Ireland. They need a deal as much as we do.
They are just playing there cards and unfortunatly they are better players than our lot

That’s just my opinion. Should have made that clear.

I just think that no deal would be catastrophic.

This country voted for what the MSM are now calling a No Deal, Hard Brexit, Crashing Out.we were clearly informed by emptysuit Cameron that voting out meant , no customs union, no single market and leavingthe ECJ. The scumbag spent £9mof our taxes leafleting every home in Britain, explaining exactlythis. Also we’re £39b better off immediately.
Jock

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:53 am

castleblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
castleblue wrote:I can only see one way out of this crisis, and that's exactly what this is, and that's to take this decision away from Westminster and move immediately to a 2nd referendum and that referendum have just two options, Remain on our current terms or Leave on the terms negotiated.

I voted leave in the referendum and despite there being an overwhelming majority in favour of leave in my constituency last night our MP, Wayne David, voted against the deal negotiated by Theresa May, Why? I feel totally let down by my MP and I will be sending him an email today telling him just that and making him one promise, he will never get my vote again.

I actually feel a little sympathy for Theresa May as just over a month ago 117 of her own MP's voted against her in the Tory party confidence vote in her leadership, last night 116 of her MP's voted against her agreement which has turned a drama into a full blown crisis. However this morning the posh boy Rees-Mogg is on Sky saying HIS group will support TM in the confidence vote this evening. These are the type of games being played by the very people we elect to run our country on our behalf.

I believe it's time for the ordinary people of this country to settle this issue once and for all and that's through a 2nd referendum, last time I voted leave and will do so again but whatever the outcome the result MUST be respected by all sides.

Trouble is this is why lot of mps voted against may just so can have another referendum! And tbh think people will vote remain because of the fiascos with these negotiations. And for me if we vote remain that will be disastrous as we will be at mercy of the EU and their control which will only get tighter with federal Europe state no doubt end product.

I agree and it is the increasing prospect of the United States of Europe that is the biggest reason I voted leave and will do so again should there be another referendum. However I believe that Westminster, or some of the MP's who infest parliament, have created anarchy with their behaviour and are holding both this country and the EU to ransom.

It seems to me that a group of 116 conservative MP's cannot be allowed to create anarchy within the UK and instability throughout Europe. If people believe, through a 2nd referendum, that the EU are a better option than Rees-Mogg and Co we should all accept it.

no mate its the 116 that are the ONLY MPs that are attempting to get us OUT and abiding by a democratic vote..do not believe you or anyone else thinks otherwise either. twist it all you like leave means leave.
dogfound

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:54 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
dogfound

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:55 am

castleblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Should been a straight forward vote by mps on the deal instead it's clearly a platform for them to push own agenda like corbyn for pm ect ect even got some wanting to change parliament just so can get their own way
pembroke allan

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:56 am

dogfound wrote:

i voted leave.i think there should be a 2nd vote. i think the outcome MUST be respected.
lets try just respect the 1st vote.
dogfound

Postby Danny Says » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:01 am

dogfound wrote:
dogfound wrote:
castleblue wrote:

i voted leave.i think there should be a 2nd vote. i think the outcome MUST be respected.

Ok say the Remoaners have their way at a 2nd referendum then the Brexiteers will want a 3rd saying "best out of 3." :roll:

The referendum result should be honoured.

But the country cannot leave on the deal as presently on the table (or off as voted last night).

The country according to Boris Johnson is ready for a no deal.

Incidentally have you any idea how much the last referendum cost? Not peanuts I can tell you.
Danny Says

Re: BREXIT VOTE IN

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:02 am

Just so everyone knows - if we No Deal Brexit then by default under WTO rules we HAVE to apply the 10% duty on goods. That includes both EU and non EU goods. This is done so that it is FAIR to ALL goods. SO we cant give EU goods a discount because we want to. There HAS to be a trade agreement in place for that.

SO NO DEAL means 10% to ALL goods regardless of origin.

No Deal Brexit will kill irish exports to the UK and vice verse. The pound has dropped 10% already over the last few years - so back to square 1.

The backstop position is just a smokescreen, that enables the EU to get more out of the negotiations as well as keep us in the EU.

A simple fact - EU exports to the UK account for 15% of EU trade. UK exports to the EU are approx 44% - but when you take out gold transactions is more like 50%. Both sides need to grow up. As for Corbyn in all this - oh deary me - out of his depth by a long way.
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:08 am

Danny Says wrote:
dogfound wrote:
dogfound wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Ok say the Remoaners have their way at a 2nd referendum then the Brexiteers will want a 3rd saying "best out of 3." :roll:

The referendum result should be honoured.

But the country cannot leave on the deal as presently on the table (or off as voted last night).

The country according to Boris Johnson is ready for a no deal.

Incidentally have you any idea how much the last referendum cost? Not peanuts I can tell you.

so you agree with me..just the one word would have done :roll: :roll:
dogfound

Postby wez1927 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:17 am

Enough said !
Attachments
FB_IMG_1547632629964.jpg
FB_IMG_1547632629964.jpg (7.6 KiB) Viewed 1344 times
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby castleblue » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:18 am

pembroke allan wrote:
castleblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Should been a straight forward vote by mps on the deal instead it's clearly a platform for them to push own agenda like corbyn for pm ect ect even got some wanting to change parliament just so can get their own way

Again I agree as Corbyn is interested in only one thing - Power, and yes no doubt he is using this situation for his own ends.

castleblue

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:18 am

So you think we should have the choice between remaining controlled by the EU in two different ways, but not actually leave.
You must think people are very very very stupid.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:29 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:

So you think we should have the choice between remaining controlled by the EU in two different ways, but not actually leave.

the thinking people are very very very stupid is exactly what i thought.
he says..we MUST repect the 2nd vote..uhh..that ship will sail the minute a 2nd vote is called surely.
dogfound

Postby castleblue » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:31 am

dogfound wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I did vote leave and will vote leave again should there be another referendum. Now think about the 117 conservative MP'S who voted against Theresa May in her leadership confidence vote just 1 month ago, the 116 who voted against the negotiated deal last night but who tonight will vote with her in the confidence vote against her government, now is that the behaviour of politicians with deep rooted conviction on the issues or a bunch of chancers pushing their own limited agenda.

As I see it a 2nd referendum, whatever the result, will cut the legs off any group within parliament who want to push their own agenda.

If MP'S had voted in line with the result of the referendum in their constituency then the vote last night would have passed with a comfortable majority, they didn't and they are guilty of failing to respect the will of their constituents.

And they should ALL hang their heads in shame.

castleblue

Postby castleblue » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:38 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Controlled in what way? We get the end of free movement, financial payments end eventually, we do have to give them a huge bag of money to go, we decide on law making in our country, and we are free to agree Trade deals with whoever we want.

Sounds fine to me.

castleblue

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:44 am

castleblue wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Controlled in what way? We get the end of free movement, financial payments end eventually, we do have to give them a huge bag of money to go, we decide on law making in our country, and we are free to agree Trade deals with whoever we want.

Sounds fine to me.

Better than staying that's for sure! Some European mandarins are happy with vote as can try get us to remain in the trade parts of EU which we won't be if this deal goes ahead.
pembroke allan

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:51 am

castleblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I did vote leave and will vote leave again should there be another referendum. Now think about the 117 conservative MP'S who voted against Theresa May in her leadership confidence vote just 1 month ago, the 116 who voted against the negotiated deal last night but who tonight will vote with her in the confidence vote against her government, now is that the behaviour of politicians with deep rooted conviction on the issues or a bunch of chancers pushing their own limited agenda.

As I see it a 2nd referendum, whatever the result, will cut the legs off any group within parliament who want to push their own agenda.

If MP'S had voted in line with the result of the referendum in their constituency then the vote last night would have passed with a comfortable majority, they didn't and they are guilty of failing to respect the will of their constituents.

of course they are not going to vote their own party out, why should they when the whole labour party have at no point treated the referendum result as something apart from party politics and therefore voted on merit .. tbh mate last night vote was shocking . ALL those labour MPs representing voters who clearly voted leave sabotaging it just so Corbyn could call a no confidence vote..
MPs should have voted in line with constituency...thats ALL MPs not just the 116 you dont like.
dogfound

Postby epping blue » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:18 am

dogfound wrote:
castleblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
dogfound wrote:

of course they are not going to vote their own party out, why should they when the whole labour party have at no point treated the referendum result as something apart from party politics and therefore voted on merit .. tbh mate last night vote was shocking . ALL those labour MPs representing voters who clearly voted leave sabotaging it just so Corbyn could call a no confidence vote..
MPs should have voted in line with constituency...thats ALL MPs not just the 116 you dont like.

The 116 is probably made up of 25 or so who voted for no Brexit and the remainder who voted for no deal. The problem as say is the 160 or so labour MP's in constituencies that voted out. They got up on the podiums after the 2017 election and promised to represent the views of those voters. Never has the views of so many been so misrepresented. Labour without a shadow of doubt are trying to railroad the process.

I'm coming round to a thought of a general election. Unfortunately the last election came at a time when we thought Brexit was all over bar the shouting. Labour can campaign on their version of barely leaving Europe, The SNP and the Liberals can go full throttle on their campaign for a 2nd referendum. The tories need to sort out at what level of intergration they can get agreement across the party and go forward on that. Who ever gets to form the governemnt takes their version forward and if that involves coalition with a probable referendum then so be it.
epping blue

Postby epping blue » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:19 am

dogfound wrote:
castleblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
dogfound wrote:

The 116 is probably made up of 25 or so who voted for no Brexit and the remainder who voted for no deal. The problem as say is the 160 or so labour MP's in constituencies that voted out. They got up on the podiums after the 2017 election and promised to represent the views of those voters. Never has the views of so many been so misrepresented. Labour without a shadow of doubt are trying to railroad the process.

I'm coming round to a thought of a general election. Unfortunately the last election came at a time when we thought Brexit was all over bar the shouting. Labour can campaign on their version of barely leaving Europe, The SNP and the Liberals can go full throttle on their campaign for a 2nd referendum. The tories need to sort out at what level of intergration they can get agreement across the party and go forward on that. Who ever gets to form the governemnt takes their version forward and if that involves coalition with a probable referendum then so be it.
epping blue

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:04 pm

castleblue wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Sounds fine to me.

Come on. I could address all of those things but I doubt that it's necessary. People aren't daft enough to think the "agreement" amounts to leaving the EU in any substantive way.
We all know the arguments on the subject but we also know which are truthful and which of them are just "spin" - we've made up our minds and it's no good just repeating the same misrepresentations of the "agreement" , any more than it is to keep repeating the old remain arguments or reiterating project fear. Those issues have both been voted on.
The referendum question was straightforward - in or out ! Having decided which, then it is incumbent upon the government to simply enact the will of the people and address any problems which arise in that process.
The vote was not dependant upon the easy or difficult passage of the exit, which is a separate matter or, for that matter ,how any foreign countries or powers might feel about it - still less whether they might be obstructive to our democratically expressed sovereign will
SirJimmySchoular

Postby Danny Says » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:19 pm

Was it just me or did Boris look like he'd shed a lot a weight last night on tv?

ps. He should also demand a refund from his barber for that woeful haircut he gave him
Danny Says

Postby T1JMO » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:28 pm

The only public vote left to have is not another general election or referendum it's simply this...

"Theresa May's £40bn Deal OR No Deal?"
T1JMO

Postby Bluebina » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:37 pm

T1JMO wrote:The only public vote left to have is not another general election or referendum it's simply this...

That's what it should be, but Parliament is determined to block it, so they will try and push for another referendum, and word it in a way that only remain can win, they don't want to leave and won't allow it.

Europe is happy with this, so I can't see them passing any type of Brexit now, the only majority in the house of commons is remain, the various forms of leave or Brexit are too diluted to get the go ahead.

It doesn't matter what we want, they are going to do what they want, I hope I am wrong but can't see it!
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:39 pm

T1JMO wrote:The only public vote left to have is not another general election or referendum it's simply this...

Europe will give some concessions, but it will never be enough, according to politicians this morning, she hasn't even asked for an alternative to the backstop agreement :o
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:45 pm

Bollox to that, we already have agreed to leave 29th March and that's what should happen.

It won't though Parliment will fiddle the 2nd referendum so that the only outcome will be remain, they don't want Brexit and are trying to prevent it no matter what we think, it's going to be the biggest stitch up of all time !!!!
Bluebina

Postby Bananas » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:04 pm

2nd referendum ASAP please :ayatollah:
Bananas

Postby T1JMO » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:10 pm

Bananas wrote:2nd referendum ASAP please :ayatollah:

Not have another referendum - the first one hasn't been acted upon yet!

Even then it will be 1-1- it's not a game of best of 3!

I say it again, the only public vote to have is "Theresa May's £40bn Deal OR No Deal?"
T1JMO

Postby Bananas » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:25 pm

T1JMO wrote:

I say it again, the only public vote to have is "Theresa May's £40bn Deal OR No Deal?"

Dim Diolch. Another referendum ASAP please!!

#welshandeuropean
Bananas

Postby T1JMO » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:33 pm

Bananas wrote:
T1JMO wrote:

Dim Diolch. Another referendum ASAP please!!

#welshandeuropean

It wouldn't just be 1 though - even if remain won (they wouldn't) it would be 1-1 and people will call for a 3rd referendum!
T1JMO

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat