Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ RESULT OF VOTE ON THERESA MAY’S BREXIT DEAL “

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:46 pm

AYES 202

NOES 432

A defeat by 230 votes

The Government's Brexit Bill is defeated and Jeremy Corbyn has tabled a 'Vote of No Confidence' in the Government

If the vote goes against the Government, Theresa May HAS to resign

A historic (if not surprising) and decisive night in British politics!

Re: BREXIT VOTE IN

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:47 pm

Fantastic news

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:48 pm

Worse than what they thought .

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:49 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:Fantastic news

Who for? The mps who want to destroy the democratic will of the people? :shock:

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:51 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Worse than what they thought .

Tony, indeed it is and I think it will surprise many insiders, too (MP's, Press, etc.) :shock:

I'm surprised she hasn't gone already but I guess the night is young ;)

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:51 pm

Sven wrote:AYES 202

NOES 432

A defeat by 230 votes

The Government's Brexit Bill is defeated and Jeremy Corbyn has tabled a 'Vote of No Confidence' in the Government

If the vote goes against the Government, Theresa May HAS to resign

A historic (if not surprising) and decisive night in British politics!

Irrelevant to Wales in the long term, sooner we're out of this nonsense the better. The real vote will be WEXIT from Westminster and it's pathetic selfish cronies.

#welshandeuropean

#wexit

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:52 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

We vote a government in to do the best for the country. And the biggest impact on our country for decades have been put in the hands of plumbers, postmen etc.
When the average Joe doesn't really have any idea of the potential impact on their lives.

If you was a plumber you wouldn't ask the house holder what tool to use on a job just to see if they can guess right.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:56 pm

Sven wrote:

Tony, indeed it is and I think it will surprise many insiders, too (MP's, Press, etc.) :shock:

The night is still young Chris - But i think she will stay. The lady just won't give in .

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:57 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

We vote a government in to do the best for the country. And the biggest impact on our country for decades have been put in the hands of plumbers, postmen etc.
When the average Joe doesn't really have any idea of the potential impact on their lives.

If you was a plumber you wouldn't ask the house holder what tool to use on a job just to see if they can guess right.

And you think that mps act in our interests? Only got to listening them to see that they want to be the look at me I stopped brexit no! Yes we choose mps to goven we didnt choose them to alter the democratic will off the people like some want to do :old:
Last edited by pembroke allan on Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:57 pm

Wouldn't trust corbin.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:59 pm

Vote my arse we have never had a real vote ever since edward the 1st arse was on the throne in 1282 and they killed our king llewelyn since then we have been ruled by westminster, europe, cymru am byth , sorry just a rant.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:00 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

so the public are allowed an opinion on somethings..like which tools we use to run the country.
but not on other things. decided by...you ?

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:00 pm

Melsuttonholyboots wrote:Wouldn't trust corbin.

No he as his own agenda to manipulate his way into no10

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:01 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Who for? The MP's who want to destroy the democratic will of the people? :shock:

No, the ones who have stood up to a deal that is clearly in no one's interests other than the EU itself

I guess this will open up the debate (on here) again but the result is more decisive than anyone thought with Theresa May and her backers expecting/hoping the gap to be as low as (or less than) 50

The democratic 'will of the people' was to "leave the EU" and (dress it up as you like) that wasn't what the Maybot was proposing, was it? :?

Some tough times/negotiations ahead (at home and abroad) but the MP's have sent a resounding message to anyone who thinks the UK Government will be 'fudged' into a deal neither side has confidence in ;)

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:04 pm

dogfound wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

so the public are allowed an opinion on somethings..like which tools we use to run the country.
but not on other things. decided by...you ?

Like I said mps manipulate the people for there own ends! Look at corbyn vote against it along with his cronies so that he can call for vote no confidence so that he can become pm. :old:

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:07 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Who for? The MP's who want to destroy the democratic will of the people? :shock:

No, the ones who have stood up to a deal that is clearly in no one's interests other than the EU itself

I guess this will open up the debate (on here) again but the result is more decisive than anyone thought with Theresa May and her backers expecting/hoping the gap to be as low as (or less than) 50

The democratic 'will of the people' was to "leave the EU" and (dress it up as you like) that wasn't what the Maybot was proposing, was it? :?

Some tough times/negotiations ahead (at home and abroad) but the MP's have sent a resounding message to anyone who thinks the UK Government will be 'fudged' into a deal neither side has confidence in ;)

So you think corbyn is standing against a bad deal? Nothing to do with fact he can now call a vote of no confidence so that he gets a general election
So he can try to become pm!

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:11 pm

The 202 MPs should be sacked, they have a duty to deliver the will of the people

The country voted to leave. The deal did not allow that so this was the best outcome for the Leave camp

Backing that deal was keeping us in the EU through the back door

No deal is the only way now

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:14 pm

Pound up by 1% on this terrible news and likely no deal exit...

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:15 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

What do you think our MP's did before they got into power. Corbyn was'nt born an MP, he was a union rep. Owen Smith worked as a reporter, and an old friend of mine who became an MP was a hotelier. They come from all walks of life, and as Diane Abbott proves, you don't even need to be intelligent to serve as a politician.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:15 pm

thomasblue wrote:The 202 MPs should be sacked, they have a duty to deliver the will of the people

The country voted to leave. The deal did not allow that so this was the best outcome for the Leave camp

not as simple as that, many of the 432 are remainers who do not want us to leave and many of the 202 voted for the deal because in their opinions it was the only way to get any sort of Brexit..

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:17 pm

Stupid we had to wait so long for a vote that was never going to be accepted. Just more delays.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:18 pm

The funny part of this is now most of the politicians they are interviewing are saying they parties now need to work together to work a solution.

Its only taken them 2 years.

If they vote for a 2nd referendum this country is finished

All back tomorrow night at 7pm for another vote of " No Confidence " .

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Sven wrote:

The night is still young Chris - But i think she will stay. The lady just won't give in .

Tony, a good friend of mine is with the Chaplaincy and one of his own friends/colleagues is Theresa May's vicar and close friend. When I suggested she should go with a heavy defeat, he said they'd had that conversation and her priest called her "an incredibly honourable lady, whose sense of duty would make her want to see it through" and he believed she would fight all the way

I do actually have some sympathy for her. Cameron dropped her in it, Boris and the sychophantic Gove plus her own stubbornness perpetuated the situation. But a loss in the 'no confidence' vote tomorrow would mean she has to go under the format/rules of that vote

Early suggestions are that the DUP will NOT vote against the Government, so the possibility of her winning that and remaining (excuse the pun) will be higher. Like you, I don't think she will take the decision herself, having stated previously she wants to "see it through before standing down at the next election"

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:22 pm

dogfound wrote:
thomasblue wrote:The 202 MPs should be sacked, they have a duty to deliver the will of the people

not as simple as that, many of the 432 are remainers who do not want us to leave and many of the 202 voted for the deal because in their opinions it was the only way to get any sort of Brexit..

The only deal is no deal. The EU has made it that way by trying bullying tactics. We now need to call there bluff.

The only thing the MPs need to do is allow us to leave the EU with all our law making, Finances and border controls under our own control.

If the EU will not allow it we leave and go our seperate ways.

People underestimate how strong this country is

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:22 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Stupid we had to wait so long for a vote that was never going to be accepted. Just more delays.

dragging their feet in the hope a miracle comes to their rescue..
the vote was leave and then a bunch of people with no enthusiasm to leave got to be in charge of leaving.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:24 pm

Sven wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Sven wrote:

Tony, a good friend of mine is with the Chaplaincy and one of his own friends/colleagues is Theresa May's vicar and close friend. When I suggested she should go with a heavy defeat, he said they'd had that conversation and her priest called her "an incredibly honourable lady, whose sense of duty would make her want to see it through" and he believed she would fight all the way

I do actually have some sympathy for her. Cameron dropped her in it, Boris and the sychophantic Gove plus her own stubbornness perpetuated the situation. But a loss in the 'no confidence' vote tomorrow would mean she has to go under the format/rules of that vote

Early suggestions are that the DUP will NOT vote against the Government, so the possibility of her winning that and remaining (excuse the pun) will be higher. Like you, I don't think she will take the decision herself, having stated previously she wants to "see it through before standing down at the next election"

Me to Chris with regards to Mrs May - As for the DUP they will be their with the Government tomorrow .

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:25 pm

thomasblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

The only deal is no deal. The EU has made it that way by trying bullying tactics. We now need to call there bluff.

The only thing the MPs need to do is allow us to leave the EU with all our law making, Finances and border controls under our own control.

If the EU will not allow it we leave and go our seperate ways.

People underestimate how strong this country is

I agree mate, I was just pointing out that this was not a big win for leave as most that voted against had other agendas.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:30 pm

Sven wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Sven wrote:

the problem is though what she sees as being honourable and her duty are based on not wanting to leave the EU to start with.
and there lies the problem. the day after the vote people who had fought for the leave campaign should have been the ones following it through.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:33 pm

dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Sven wrote:

the problem is though what she sees as being honourable and her duty are based on not wanting to leave the EU to start with.
and there lies the problem. the day after the vote people who had fought for the leave campaign should have been the ones following it through.

Agree with that .